Andy Mazey Chairman

Robthegasman

May I congratulate Andy Mazey on becoming the new chairman of our club and I would like to say that I for one am glad he has accepted the challenge of the hot seat and I along with all fellow Lions fans wish him all the very best of luck and we will support him every inch of the way in this journey.

17 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

I genuinely hope things work out for the lion's with your new chairman. The thought of another club going bump was very upsetting. Good luck for the future apart from 3pm Sunday.:biggrin:

Thanks, he seems a good bloke with plenty of passion so lets hope it works out well, especially on Sunday ha ha:tongue:

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

8 hours ago, Mark said:

Thanks, he seems a good bloke with plenty of passion so lets hope it works out well, especially on Sunday ha ha:tongue:

I listened to him on BBC radio Manchester and he seemed positive and upbeat. That's good for the club,the fans and the game as a whole. But if you think you'll win on Sunday you can sod off!.:negative::tongue:

1 hour ago, moorside roughyed said:

I listened to him on BBC radio Manchester and he seemed positive and upbeat. That's good for the club,the fans and the game as a whole. But if you think you'll win on Sunday you can sod off!.:negative::tongue:

We shall see what happens Sunday but for me we have won because there is now a future for Swinton Lions regardless of what division we are in next year.

8 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

We shall see what happens Sunday but for me we have won because there is now a future for Swinton Lions regardless of what division we are in next year.

I do hope you get back into swinton,it'd be better than what we've achieved in Oldham. Your new chairman must have the access to funds to make this a reality. It was mentioned on a phone in on BBC radio Manchester about Salford and swinton in a joint stadium venture, how would this go down with fans?.Whatever happens,if your clubs plans for a new ground in Swindon come off I'd be made up for you all.We could do with a bit of good news and a positive vibe,in the lower leagues these are becoming few and far between.

16 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

I do hope you get back into swinton,it'd be better than what we've achieved in Oldham. Your new chairman must have the access to funds to make this a reality. It was mentioned on a phone in on BBC radio Manchester about Salford and swinton in a joint stadium venture, how would this go down with fans?.Whatever happens,if your clubs plans for a new ground in Swindon come off I'd be made up for you all.We could do with a bit of good news and a positive vibe,in the lower leagues these are becoming few and far between.

Cheers,I understand that Andy Mazey will be re opening some dialogue with Salford City Council regarding Agecroft.I think that he has some sort of access to perhaps funds or consortiums that can provide funds,possibly the latter.I heard what was said about the possibility of Swinton and Salford sharing the stadium indeed it was a Salford fan who raised it and Mr Mazey said that he didn't see any reason why it couldn't work here and indeed he said it works in Milan with Inter and AC Milan.And if a stadium does happen it would be a good boost for the lower leagues and us Swinton fans would be pleased if Oldham were able to get a new stadium in Oldham that would suit their needs and can fulfil their ambitions.I personally would like to see Swinton,Oldham,Rochdale one day in either the Super League in stadiums of the relevant standard(To be fair Rochdale are in one)with Wigan,Salford and Leigh or at the very least the top three teams in the Championship with Swinton of course the top one.Maybe one day perhaps.

10 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

Cheers,I understand that Andy Mazey will be re opening some dialogue with Salford City Council regarding Agecroft.I think that he has some sort of access to perhaps funds or consortiums that can provide funds,possibly the latter.I heard what was said about the possibility of Swinton and Salford sharing the stadium indeed it was a Salford fan who raised it and Mr Mazey said that he didn't see any reason why it couldn't work here and indeed he said it works in Milan with Inter and AC Milan.And if a stadium does happen it would be a good boost for the lower leagues and us Swinton fans would be pleased if Oldham were able to get a new stadium in Oldham that would suit their needs and can fulfil their ambitions.I personally would like to see Swinton,Oldham,Rochdale one day in either the Super League in stadiums of the relevant standard(To be fair Rochdale are in one)with Wigan,Salford and Leigh or at the very least the top three teams in the Championship with Swinton of course the top one.Maybe one day perhaps.

Agreed,the thought of all three of us in superleague, tanning Wigan,St Helens, Warrington etc on a regular basis in our own stadiums would make all our lives much sweeter.Then I woke up, no seriously you never know. I just wish our respective fan bases were bigger.Another point is at Oldham there doesn't seem to be many kids watching the game,is this the same at swinton?.This worries me as these kids are the future of the game. Back in the day at watersheddings there were loads of kids watching there team.

Archived