Callum

townie88

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Suspension for an alleged type of tackle which other players- particularly those in Super League - don't even get a yellow card for . If you are happy to see him go then I think you're in the minority. 

A definite minority I would say. 

Haven stated no progression on player retention / recruitment until they know where they play next seaaon. 

Still time to correct this and hold onto him. 

6 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Suspension for an alleged type of tackle which other players- particularly those in Super League - don't even get a yellow card for . If you are happy to see him go then I think you're in the minority. 

No I'm not, but maybe the coach feels he can't trust him

3 minutes ago, Okesene said:

If true - a shocking and disgraceful way to treat a loyal servant. This lad has got hammered week in week out for this club. The lad deserves some respect.

Let's hope the bod intervene and sort this out and then he plays firvtown next year along with Brett too.  Risk loosing 2 for 1 on this issue. 

He gives his all and just want to see the club succeed. 

The worrying quote from twitter was from brett carter who said about how the lads who "would happily spend there whole careers at town" are being treated badly by the club. So I don't think there was anychance brett or callum would be leaving the club if it wasn't for clarke. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

46 minutes ago, Brookie said:

No I'm not, but maybe the coach feels he can't trust him

And a lot on here feel that we cannot trust this coach. 

It's as if the BOD and DC have two different directions for the club. The BOD (rightly) want to build a local cumbrian side. And DC has done a grand job of seeing of 3 (so far) quality, long serving, local players. The BOD should be considering what impact this could have on other local lads coming to our club is the guy stays on next year.

Interesting to see JP's comments in the conversation with callum and carter. Quoting the coach as 's#*te' 

Says it all really.

9 hours ago, Town8910 said:

This is just the start don't be surprised if more follower oh and the "let them go" comments .... Callum has put his body on the line every game and got MOM so many times...it's not money with the lads so what could it be????????

Not money! Who are you kidding! its all about money.... players who got us relegated wanting championship money in league 1.... joke!

4 hours ago, ohworkyohworky said:

as for  the  a certain individual which has caused these problems today I believe he has been the biggest troublemaker in the club for the last two years so if he has signed  for Whitehaven let him go the club will be a better place 

At last! The other side to the story!!! ???? thing is people won't want to listen to this side of it. 

4 hours ago, Seaton Sandy said:

I see you are a veteran of a whole 4 posts. Callum Phillips is an iconic local player with sublime skills and a willingness to absorb all the cheap shots doled out on a weekly basis by lesser mortals. In Rugby League he - like most lads- does it for the thrill of pulling on the shirt and not for the relative buttons that they are paid. To label him as a troublemaker is disgraceful and I suggest your 5th post should consist of an apology. 

Seaton mafia in denial...... again!

3 hours ago, wonky said:

The worrying quote from twitter was from brett carter who said about how the lads who "would happily spend there whole careers at town" are being treated badly by the club. So I don't think there was anychance brett or callum would be leaving the club if it wasn't for clarke. 

Clarke wasn't even at the club when brett left...... or is he getting blamed for that too ??

3 hours ago, oldrake9 said:

Not money! Who are you kidding! its all about money.... players who got us relegated wanting championship money in league 1.... joke!

You really think the Phillips brothers coming off the 4 nations couldn't of got more money at a champ side?? ?? No they didn't go and they didn't go haven either where the money was they stayed and were loyal and "got us relegated" .... We had 14 fit players for the last few games last year. 

No JOKE I hate to inform you 

Don't know what is going on down there talk of two of our best leaving  and maybe more to follow. For some reason it's obvious there is a rift between some or all the players and  the coach or BOD and it needs sorting urgently for Without some action I think it could become serious whereby at the worst the clubs existence maybe at risk or at best we may decline to a point where we are fighting it out at the bottom  with the likes of Coventry and crowds of 200. Local players of the calibre of these two don't come along very often. 

8 hours ago, oldrake9 said:

Clarke wasn't even at the club when brett left...... or is he getting blamed for that too ??

What are you talking about? Brett was implying the Phillips brothers would have happily stayed at town there whole careers

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Unless operational rules have changed this year, all present players will have been informed at the end of August if they are to be offered a contract for next season or not. By the end of September, those offered contracts will have accepted the offer or declined. Rather than Gary drip feeding this information gradually during the Autumn months, it would be better if the names of those officially retained were published collectively ( as soon as officially possible) and the drip feed marketing technique was used to publish the names of players that the Club then newly added to that list.

1 minute ago, Supporter said:

Unless operational rules have changed this year, all present players will have been informed at the end of August if they are to be offered a contract for next season or not. By the end of September, those offered contracts will have accepted the offer or declined. Rather than Gary drip feeding this information gradually during the Autumn months, it would be better if the names of those officially retained were published collectively ( as soon as officially possible) and the drip feed marketing technique was used to publish the names of players that the Club then newly added to that list.

If this is correct we have to assume that the brothers have declined contracts and indicated that they are leaving,if that is the case you could hardly blame the club for leaving them out

18 minutes ago, Route66 said:

If this is correct we have to assume that the brothers have declined contracts and indicated that they are leaving,if that is the case you could hardly blame the club for leaving them out

Yes, but it's the reasons behind their refusal that needs sorted Asap. Good luck to the lads today utt

23 minutes ago, Route66 said:

No not necessarily , as in any team sport a contracted player nearing the end of contract are offered a renewal , but players and or their agents will delay re signing until nearer the dead line as to have talks and consider any other contracts offered by other clubs , this is perfectly normal and usual practice , players who have no other offers or are offered less from elsewhere or have local job commitments etc are usually the first to agree to re sign. .

Archived