Callum

townie88

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way I see it boys and girls and men and ladies is THIS club is entering a "make or break" period which will either "make it" going forward or "break it " into a slow death amongst the graveyard of RL clubs in championship one, its fairly simple - THIS was our "development year" a year where we started again FROM SCRATCH from the last regime, where we sifted through the and kept the players who wanted to play at this club.. we got rid of the mercenaries for pastures new who were milking this club dry in return of very very average performances, we started again .. new BOD, new coach.. now nearly one year on from this happening ARE we in a better position than we were this time in 2016 ? are we going to have players in for pre season ? is our squad going to have improved come March 2018 ? both in numbers wise and ability ? This year was THE year for for running alone... we didn't need ANY loans / DR .. we had to run with our own players, expectations were low local players could do no wrong as they were new to the pro game and we would develop them along the way , to my dismay some of these games we have had up to 6 loans in our match day squad ... I have to ask WHY when there's our OWN players sitting on the side-lines, these loans have literally filled shirts, bar Macauley Davies NONE have been worth giving a place to... ESPECIALLY when we have our own able and fit sat twiddling their thumbs. DC have brought in the lad Prior from Wigan ? Ive seen him the once but on that occasion it was probably the worst performance I've seen of anyone in a Town shirt..  we have Gabe Fell literally playing for pocket money while Rooke among others sits watching... THIS was the year to blood these guys into regular games, we haven't learnt our lesson from TEE who stood watching for 2 seasons while we brought anyone and everyone up from Wigan to play instead ... we HAVE to develop our own and move forward as a club.. IF we were going for promotion then fine bring in the loans to bolster the ranks .. but while were as low as we can possibly get in this league we should be concentrating on playing local lads who WANT to play for this club...   

10 hours ago, oldrake9 said:

???? exactly! players who don't want to be at the club..... see you later... thank you and we move on. 

Is that not missing the point though? Why do two workington lads who are senior semi pros not want to be at workington town???? Thats the issue. 

22 minutes ago, westizbest said:

The way I see it boys and girls and men and ladies is THIS club is entering a "make or break" period which will either "make it" going forward or "break it " into a slow death amongst the graveyard of RL clubs in championship one, its fairly simple - THIS was our "development year" a year where we started again FROM SCRATCH from the last regime, where we sifted through the and kept the players who wanted to play at this club.. we got rid of the mercenaries for pastures new who were milking this club dry in return of very very average performances, we started again .. new BOD, new coach.. now nearly one year on from this happening ARE we in a better position than we were this time in 2016 ? are we going to have players in for pre season ? is our squad going to have improved come March 2018 ? both in numbers wise and ability ? This year was THE year for for running alone... we didn't need ANY loans / DR .. we had to run with our own players, expectations were low local players could do no wrong as they were new to the pro game and we would develop them along the way , to my dismay some of these games we have had up to 6 loans in our match day squad ... I have to ask WHY when there's our OWN players sitting on the side-lines, these loans have literally filled shirts, bar Macauley Davies NONE have been worth giving a place to... ESPECIALLY when we have our own able and fit sat twiddling their thumbs. DC have brought in the lad Prior from Wigan ? Ive seen him the once but on that occasion it was probably the worst performance I've seen of anyone in a Town shirt..  we have Gabe Fell literally playing for pocket money while Rooke among others sits watching... THIS was the year to blood these guys into regular games, we haven't learnt our lesson from TEE who stood watching for 2 seasons while we brought anyone and everyone up from Wigan to play instead ... we HAVE to develop our own and move forward as a club.. IF we were going for promotion then fine bring in the loans to bolster the ranks .. but while were as low as we can possibly get in this league we should be concentrating on playing local lads who WANT to play for this club...   

Makes great reading in theory but if you go into league 1 with a whole team of locals where 75 % have just signed from the amatuers or cumbria storm academy then you are going to face 90 - 0 against you from the top six clubs and beaten by 20 by oxford and coventry etc . How would that help the club progress ? would we see 500 to 600 every home game watching that ?

Any local players waiting to jump ship (either way) will wait to see if Haven get promoted . They will then wait to see what sort of contract is on offer and then act accordingly .Doubt you will hear anything definite on the Phillips brothers situation till then .If they both shine in the World Cup ( if selected) it will give them another bargaining tool .....on the coach front if Clark has only a one year contract and the Board were thinking of getting rid , he would have been gone by now as it wouldn`t cost much to do so .l

20 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

eMakes great reading in theory but if you go into league 1 with a whole team of locals where 75 % have just signed from the amatuers or cumbria storm academy then you are going to face 90 - 0 against you from the top six clubs and beaten by 20 by oxford and coventry etc . How would that help the club progress ? would we see 500 to 600 every home game watching that ?

if that's what it takes then so be it - I very much doubt it would be 90-0 bar Toronto, the travellers we have brought in haven't exactly set the world on fire Howarths stood up when needed Joseph is on a par with fafitta for me, rest have just filled shirts, there's enough experience in Forber Callum etc for this season and we would have finished in a similar position. If we didn't make the top 8 who cares maybe it would have been better to finish 9th and win some games rather then being cannon fodder for the remainder of the season. I just class this year as one wasted we were at square one and we have gone full circle and will start again at that square, problem is for the good of the club we need to be progressing in this league as a few seasons in champ 1 will see the end of rugby at Derwent Park whether we have a hard working BOD or not. 

1 minute ago, westizbest said:

if that's what it takes then so be it - I very much doubt it would be 90-0 bar Toronto, the travellers we have brought in haven't exactly set the world on fire Howarths stood up when needed Joseph is on a par with fafitta for me, rest have just filled shirts, there's enough experience in Forber Callum etc for this season and we would have finished in a similar position. If we didn't make the top 8 who cares maybe it would have been better to finish 9th and win some games rather then being cannon fodder for the remainder of the season. I just class this year as one wasted we were at square one and we have gone full circle and will start again at that square, problem is for the good of the club we need to be progressing in this league as a few seasons in champ 1 will see the end of rugby at Derwent Park whether we have a hard working BOD or not. 

it would be closer to 90 than you think , barrow , donny , haven , keighley , york would have trounced any team who were loaded with 18 to 22 yr old ex amateur locals and many of the lower end clubs would have beaten them too. 9th ? above hunslet . North Wales or London Scholars ? are you having a laugh ? OK , select a 17 out of the locals available who you think would have been competative in this league .. I await with interest 

39 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Any local players waiting to jump ship (either way) will wait to see if Haven get promoted . They will then wait to see what sort of contract is on offer and then act accordingly .Doubt you will hear anything definite on the Phillips brothers situation till then .If they both shine in the World Cup ( if selected) it will give them another bargaining tool .....

Although not disagreeing with you ivans82, I am sure that clubs may approach players and players have the right to have talks with other clubs from the start of September. Where the division that the approached/ approaching club has as yet not been decided, two different respective financial contracts can be discussed/ offered prior to that final positional situation being resolved.

After this Callum debacle I can't see many players having any respect for Clarke so I can't see how keeping him is going to achieve anything. Up until yesterday I was all for giving Clarke a chance but now he's got to go!

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

11 minutes ago, anok4u said:

After this Callum debacle I can't see many players having any respect for Clarke so I can't see how keeping him is going to achieve anything. Up until yesterday I was all for giving Clarke a chance but now he's got to go!

Totally agree

15 minutes ago, anok4u said:

Personally the penny dropped a few months ago with me over DC. It would be a big mistake to keep him as coach for next season.

10 minutes ago, town4me said:

Personally the penny dropped a few months ago with me over DC. It would be a big mistake to keep him as coach for next season.

i'm not supporting or defending Clark but the question I have is who is available and affordable to pick up the pieces and will reach a higher level in this league next season with the low budget and possibly without callum and brett and a knock on effect of then possibly losing jamie and tee due to worries over replacements ? 

8 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

i'm not supporting or defending Clark but the question I have is who is available and affordable to pick up the pieces and will reach a higher level in this league next season with the low budget and possibly without callum and brett and a knock on effect of then possibly losing jamie and tee due to worries over replacements ? 

Advertise it and see who applies. 

2 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

of course , but can anyone improve on what there is and the very limited funds available ? and will people call for his head after his first season of re building and finishing in the top 8 ?

Something like a les and butch or charlo and oggie duo. 

Prior to the season kicking off I expressed my own views and concerns on Clarke been appointed, sadly I was correct, I would get rid of him now and put Jonty in charge to the end of the season, it isn't just the Philips brothers that are unhappy with DC coaching and selections ect, many other players have voiced there concerns over the season and have been punished for voicing there opinions, I have said it before, his CV maybe look good but unfortunately a good CV doesn't make a good coach.

I spoke to Callum and Brett's mum and dad last night and they said that 100% THEY HAVE NOT SIGNED FOR ANYONE , and want to play for TOWN.

I think the time has come for Dave Clarke ,Callum and the chairman to sit round the table and act like adults and iron out any difference's for the good of the club, I am sure TM would have had this sorted and put to bed .

3 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

I spoke to Callum and Brett's mum and dad last night and they said that 100% THEY HAVE NOT SIGNED FOR ANYONE , and want to play for TOWN.

I think the time has come for Dave Clarke ,Callum and the chairman to sit round the table and act like adults and iron out any difference's for the good of the club, I am sure TM would have had this sorted and put to bed .

Well that good to read mate. Your right It needs sorted.  we cant afford to lose these two lads.

I really do hope so they are such key and popular players and all very sad and frustrating for true Town supporters. I’m not going to join in and fan the flames any further other than to say social media is an absolute nightmare at times. Good luck to Gary and the board in trying to sort things out. I for one appreciate the work you do and am fully aware that while we have a right to air our views on here, FB and Twatter it takes but a few minutes, often does very little to help matters, (in some notable cases merely puffs up our own vanities) and we can then just walk away while you’re putting the real effort in to keep this great club going. I nearly walked away last year but realise thats not much of an answer. United we stand etc UTT

Agree all the way with Hate the rec. The Philips Bros are crucial to be signed on for Town for next season and while they're at it Tee wants nailed down as well. Does anybody know who if any of the players,with the exception of the three announced, are contracted for next season? While I'm at it,from standing on a Lemonade crate behind the sticks at Borough Park to the present day, I can't remember anything like whats going on at the club now. Totally demoralised after 66 yrs a Town supporter.

Archived