M.o.M. Rovers V Catalans

Steve Slater

Rovers putting up a good fight with a lightweight pack, only 18-12 down at Half-Time.

Whatever the end result please vote for your Fev Man of the Match after the game has ended.

First three choices please.

For 1st choice I thought Locky was outstanding too. With the shortage of props he held his hand up and led from the front against much bigger props. His work rate in the middle is phenomenal and he seems to have stopped giving away as many penalties. Great drive and pass for Brooks' try too.

2nd choice goes to Wildie. He didn't catch they eye in attack as much as Thacks, but I lost count of the number of try saving tackles he made. He and Hardcastle are safe as houses together.

3rd choice goes to Kyran Johnson- I'm going with my heart here after the number of times I've raised my eyebrows on his selection. Last season he was abysmal under the high ball and was easily shrugged off in the tackle, but he's obviously worked on his weaknesses and didn't put a foot wrong today.

Briscoe
Hardcastle
Lockwood

Brooks and Wildie did well too.
Ten out of ten for effort. especially given the early-morning flight which can't have helped. If I'm honest I was a bit surprised we relied so much on one-out rugby, given our more expansive efforts in the last few weeks and the fact that we lacked any kind of grunt up front - I would have liked to have seen us challenge Catalans out wide - but I suppose the game plan was to hang in for as long as we could , and you certainly couldn't argue with the effort.  Thought Catalans were very poor though, they had nothing to offer apart from brute strength.

Lockwood, Wildie then Johnson. Chuffed to see our players give Kyran a bit of protection, and yet the lad still had to soak off quite a bit of biff from the Catalans. Best player on pitch by a mile tho was that Walsh guy at 6. Orchestrated everything and easily best player ive witnessed live this season.

Final voting for Catalans game:

1st- Lockwood, 21 votes, 3pts

2nd- Hardcastle, 18 votes, 2pts

3rd- Thackeray, 11 votes, 1pt.

Thackeray moves to one point behind John Davies in the race for the trophy with one game left and the Warrington game still to be voted on, and they are the only two players left in the running.

The top 6 in the table stands as such:

1- Davies, 26 pts

2- Thackeray, 25 pts

3- Turner, 19pts

4= Hardcastle, Walton & Taulapapa, all on 17 pts each.

Voting for the Warrington game will be counted over the weekend, and there will be no poll for the Halifax game. Instead voting will be carried out by the RoversTV crew after the game in order to come up with a seasonal winner, who will be presented with the trophy on RoversTV after the game.

Archived