2018 Season In's/Out's

NickWeaver

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Butler Fleming on a month long loan at Bradford.

He had a great debut vs. Swinton but maybe they don't expect to give him a lot of game time in the near future?

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/toronto-ace-jake-butler-fleming-joins-bradford-on-loan/

I think he belongs in the starting 13, he is the big back they need and you can see that he works well on the offence...we will see how he goes in Bradford...I'm figuring pretty good.

2 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

Butler Fleming on a month long loan at Bradford.

He had a great debut vs. Swinton but maybe they don't expect to give him a lot of game time in the near future?

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/toronto-ace-jake-butler-fleming-joins-bradford-on-loan/

Strange move. Why pay money for him to then loan him out? It’s not like they don’t know what he can do at League 1 level.

rldfsignature.jpg

I think this a great move for both Jake and the Wolfpack. Jake gets some game time during the Easter weekend while we have a fair amount of players at those positions then when the loan is over he will get some time to spell players like QLT, Pownall, Ackers and Kay who might need a week or two off for the games between Dewsbury Halifax and Swinton.

2 hours ago, NickWeaver said:

I think this a great move for both Jake and the Wolfpack. Jake gets some game time during the Easter weekend while we have a fair amount of players at those positions then when the loan is over he will get some time to spell players like QLT, Pownall, Ackers and Kay who might need a week or two off for the games between Dewsbury Halifax and Swinton.

If players need a rest after half a dozen games then something is wrong somewhere but if you’re going to rest them isn’t a Cup game against an amateur team the time to be doing it?

rldfsignature.jpg

It's not the total number of Games I'm worried about it's the Easter period in particular when Toronto have to play 3 games in 10 days that can really wear out players including the travel to and from Toulouse.Plus a few of our players in those positions are a bit older so it would be good to give them a rest before the Magic/Bash weekends

11 hours ago, NickWeaver said:

It's not the total number of Games I'm worried about it's the Easter period in particular when Toronto have to play 3 games in 10 days that can really wear out players including the travel to and from Toulouse.Plus a few of our players in those positions are a bit older so it would be good to give them a rest before the Magic/Bash weekends

All teams play the same number of times over Easter. Toulouse travel every other week. Too old? Sign younger players and leave the oldies to their zimmer and complan.

rldfsignature.jpg

Latest rumour.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/off-the-record-rugby-league-rumours-and-gossip-105/

"Championship side Toronto Wolfpack want to add another forward to their ranks and are understood to have Castleford Tigers’ Gadwin Springer at the top of their target list. The 24-year-old has yet to make a Super League appearance for Daryl Powell’s side this season, but has been in the 19-man squad on a couple of occasions. Paul Rowley’s Wolfpack lost Fuifui Moimoi, Ryan Bailey and Dave Taylor in the off-season and are keen to sign France forward Springer. The move looks unlikely to happen but Toronto’s interest is there."

Archived