Just asking

john in oz

Two odd games really.

Toulouse are already in the semi-final and Swinton are 99.999% safe but can't reach the semi-final.  A dead rubber and an excuse for the Swinton lads to enjoy the late summer sunshine.

Dewsbury are already in the semi final and face a trip to Toulouse to play it; they've been freewheeling in recent weeks.  Oldham are 99.999% doomed and a lot of the players will most likely be on their merry way after the season.

Just to add more misery for Oldham fans, I expect Oldham to win and Toulouse to beat the Lions.  We'd then end up on the same points as Swinton and we can spend the rest of our lives lamenting that drop goal attempt at Batley, that wayward kick at Featherstone, the horror show in Blackpool, the last gasp effort from Hornets to earn a draw and the failure to nail Bradford at home for a second time when we had them on the ropes for an hour.

Big sighs!

We have lost games (especially at the start of the season) by the odd point as well.

As has been mentioned in another post, I think half time at the Summer Bash was the turning point for some reason. Spanner leaving straight after makes me think something must have happened at Bloomfield Rd.

Just realised....no trip to Blackpool next year unless we get into the Champ 1 Trophy final :(

Oldham will win a poor game against a Dewsbury side for whom the season ended our weeks ago. It should give you a warm glow to carry into next season. I look forward to our teams meeting up again before too long.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 12/09/2017 at 0:22 AM, Wazman said:

Swinton have lost 11 games by 8 points or less this season.

Could of finished a lot higher in the league with a bit more luck and composure in those games.

You are correct we could have and probably should have finished higher in the league.I think we have become a bit more disciplined since Littler took over as head coach.

10 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Oldham is a Rugby League town.  I can't believe the Club won't carry on.

The club will carry on one way or another. But I don't think Oldham is a rugby league town any more not with the crowd numbers below 1000 when you consider how big the town(the same could be said for Rochdale).If Oldham is a rugby league town it's because people support a superleague club and not Oldham. Hate to be doom and gloom mate but the RFL couldn't give two stuffs about us lot down here.All they want is this expansionist thing,foreign clubs with plenty of money to through around.They probably view us lot as steerage in the bowels of the boat,cattle class,whatever. I fear for the future of the game at this level,low crowd numbers,a lack of young blood among supporters,a fear the RFL doesn't care.When you think about it the crowds numbers are dire across the game,stadiums that look embarrassingly empty.We can't even fill Wembley any more for our most prestigious tournament.

Archived