16th/17th Sept : The Kingstone Press League 1 Super 8s Match Thread

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Presentation time, and the Mayor (third from the right) gets one of these signed, framed shirts.

DJ4SJEbWsAIJpvM.jpg

Nice touch. RL ain't flying under the radar over there. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

3 hours ago, Scubby said:

I am sure they have eyes on government grants for renovations and things like that if they are to stay at Lamport. Nice to be known in high offices.

Lamport Stadium is a community stadium 100% owned by the City of Toronto.  So.........Mayor John Tory at the moment (municipal elections in 13/14 months from now so the Mayor could change) is absolutely the person to cozie up to. He is one smart man (for a politician!!!), and I'm sure he'd certainly listen to Eric Perez/David Argyle, about any Lamport improvements they might lay on the table. Recognizing that the facility is owned by the City any upgrades/improvements would belong to and be owned by the City, irregardless  of who paid for them.  But I believe he'd be receptive to the City doing what it can to make Lamport less "basic".  A couple thousand votes to any politician is worth lots and lots and lots.

It appears as though the Thunder win today has saved the club a little money.

From here we are aiming for a top five finish in the second part of the League campaign.  If we don’t achieve either of these milestones then all season ticket holders who have paid in full will receive 100% of the season ticket price they have paid back at the end of the year.

Source - http://www.thunderrugby.com/article/51213/money-back-guarantee-on-

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Archived