2018 Squad and signings.

roughyed1064

I am absolutely delighted Scott has signed a two year deal. Since arriving, him, Spanner and more recently Pete have brought a more professional attitude to the club. Backroom staff have improved and if we are to climb back up to the championship, i'm convinced he's the bloke to do it. Hope Pete also signs and would love Spanner involved, health and workload permitting. Great week ;)

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, chiefgeneral said:

I like Scott and he's done fantastic with what he's had to work with.

Hoping they'll be lessons learnt and he'll play with a bit more expansive style. Could do with resigning grimshaw and playing him 6 all season 

Think grimmer will be waiting to see what the club are going to offer him contract wise as I know it costs him £250 a month just to travel back and forth from Wakefield to Oldham so if CH wants to re sign him all this will have to be discussed he use to give a lift to the Castleford lads and never got a penny from them to help with the travelling costs unfortunately 

chappy

34 minutes ago, suzzy said:

Think grimmer will be waiting to see what the club are going to offer him contract wise as I know it costs him £250 a month just to travel back and forth from Wakefield to Oldham so if CH wants to re sign him all this will have to be discussed he use to give a lift to the Castleford lads and never got a penny from them to help with the travelling costs unfortunately 

Hope he does manage to sort something, he could be pivotal (sorry!) for us next season. 

It's a bit poor the Cas lads didn't chip in for his fuel imho 

When I spoke to Grimmer after the Dews game he was unsure what he was going to do, even contemplating retirement. Be a real shame if he does,or indeed doesn't/cant sign for Oldham again. Always liked his attitude and he adds an extra dimension when he plays. Defensively solid and underused last season imho. One of our unsung heroes and never let us down. Go on Grimmer lad, one more time....please ?.

23 hours ago, suzzy said:

Tight fisted sods,you would've thought they'd have give him a few quid towards fuel. Whatever he decides to do as far as I'm concerned he'd always be welcome at our club.He always gave 100%.

I would certainly like to see him re-sign.  Done everything that was asked of him last couple of seasons.  I agree with RY34 in that, defensively, he is absolutely solid.  If we can keep him we should use him as a half backII

Again, as RY34 says "Go on Grimmer lad, one more time please...."

Tony Mac

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill

On 02/10/2017 at 3:15 PM, Tony Mac said:

I would certainly like to see him re-sign.  Done everything that was asked of him last couple of seasons.  I agree with RY34 in that, defensively, he is absolutely solid.  If we can keep him we should use him as a half backII

Again, as RY34 says "Go on Grimmer lad, one more time please...."

Agreed.

Terrific signing in my opinion.  Just the sort of gritty half back to take us roundf the park.  Be interesting who lines up along side him in the half backs.

Tony Mac

Agree ,  great game management as we all know ! Let's hope Naylor gives him  licence to give the ball some air this season as last year's one dimensional rugby was one of the main reasons we went down.

Good signing ! 

That's a really good signing for Oldham. A top class goal kicker with plenty of experience of getting promotions. He usually shone in high pressure games. Most Hornets fans would admit we missed him last season if only for his kicking. Crookie's a good pro and club man who plays a high percentage of games and rarely gets on the wrong side of the officials. On top of that you couldn't meet a nicer bloke.

A couple of seasons ago we played him at hooker for a while and he did well there also. As somebody else said if he was a yard quicker he wouldn't be playing at this level.

I hope he does well for you.

3 hours ago, eclecticsheep said:

Whatever else that you can say about crooky...he`s a matchwinner when the pressure is on!

A number of times when we had teams pinned on their own line last season is when we missed this type of "old head" to open teams up.

Tony Mac

Archived