2018 Squad and signings.

roughyed1064

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29/09/2017 at 6:23 PM, suzzy said:

Think grimmer will be waiting to see what the club are going to offer him contract wise as I know it costs him £250 a month just to travel back and forth from Wakefield to Oldham so if CH wants to re sign him all this will have to be discussed he use to give a lift to the Castleford lads and never got a penny from them to help with the travelling costs unfortunately 

Surely you'd ask for the money up front? If someone didn't pay at the first time of asking - or offer to contribute, they wouldn't be getting in my car. He sounds like a bit of a wet lettuce to me. 

Good job it's only to you then. Do you know Grimmer?Harsh calling him a wet lettuce for doing lads a favour. I don't think Suzzy was implying that he was complaining,just pointing out the reality of cost, travelling across to training/games and that cost is a factor in the lads future.

14 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

Good job it's only to you then. Do you know Grimmer?Harsh calling him a wet lettuce for doing lads a favour. I don't think Suzzy was implying that he was complaining,just pointing out the reality of cost, travelling across to training/games and that cost is a factor in the lads future.

Spot on.Those Cas lads,tightfisted sods.

11 hours ago, tandle said:

if a player like crooks had been signed early in last season we would not have been relegated  fact that is what hurts me.

He was pushing for promotion in League 1 on winning pay and had a contract! It wasn't likely to happen unless we paid a signing fee and where would that come from? Maybe all the Millions of pounds being paid into the ORSA account haha!

9 hours ago, Tony F said:

Surely you'd ask for the money up front? If someone didn't pay at the first time of asking - or offer to contribute, they wouldn't be getting in my car. He sounds like a bit of a wet lettuce to me. 

That's the kind of comment that would make me think do I really have to play for supporters with that mentality I think not nice one mr T 

chappy

5 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Suzzy,Tony F is Batley fan.

Wonder how Grimmer would react if Tony said it to his face graham lol

chappy

21 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

Luke Adamson joins Hornets, reunited with his brother. Shame that. Did well for us. 

it's a shame about Luke leaving but after Toby signed for Rochdale I thought it was going to be inevitable. Luke's done a good job for us whilst he was here and I really think Oldham restarted his career after falling out of favour with dewsbury. I wish him good Luke for his career and would happily welcome either of the adamson brothers to Oldham again after we get promoted

3 hours ago, suzzy said:

Wonder how Grimmer would react if Tony said it to his face graham lol

Let's get this straight. Your lad has been giving free lifts to Castleford and back to lads who've never shown the decency to offer him a single penny for the privilege. They've absolutely taken the p*ss out of him. Maybe the the 'wet lettuce ' comment was uncalled for, but they wouldn't have got in my car without making a contribution - willingly or otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Tony F said:

Let's get this straight. Your lad has been giving free lifts to Castleford and back to lads who've never shown the decency to offer him a single penny for the privilege. They've absolutely taken the p*ss out of him. Maybe the the 'wet lettuce ' comment was uncalled for, but they wouldn't have got in my car without making a contribution - willingly or otherwise. 

I'm sure they wouldn't have got into your car.But I think the point is a total lack of manners,decency and thoughtfulness was lacking in these players.Grimmer was just doing what he thought to be a kind gesture.Some people are too kind for their own good but the fault lies with the individuals who took advantage of another person's generosity.

Archived