2018 Squad and signings.

roughyed1064

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clifford has a fair point about "no backs" but today's game sees players playing in all positions. Bateman, a second rower at Wigan, played at centre for England. We had Tyson last year, again in my mind a second rower, playing at centre. We have a small pitch and we must use it to our advantage even it means a forward style of rugby. With the half-backs we have I can see a more expansive game with our forwards running riot from all positions..

25 minutes ago, jroyales said:

Clifford has a fair point about "no backs" but today's game sees players playing in all positions. Bateman, a second rower at Wigan, played at centre for England. We had Tyson last year, again in my mind a second rower, playing at centre. We have a small pitch and we must use it to our advantage even it means a forward style of rugby. With the half-backs we have I can see a more expansive game with our forwards running riot from all positions..

Another scrum half in case of injuries or loss of form and full back like the young lad from Wakefield 

Pack looks absolutely outstanding at the minute. Joy, Hughes,Neal, Bridge, Langtree, Spencer as the starting pack and reserves of Nelmes,Wilkinson/Owen, Davies, Briscoe, Jones and Bent is superb. That's a better pack than last year in the Championship.

In the backs we definitely need a couple more. Ideally a top full back and then another utility like Holmes who can fill in at multiple positions hopefully in the halves as well. Delighted so far with the squad 

• 2 months later...

Only saw Martin play second half against Keighley but he was impressive at full back.

Squad is looking very good. We were looking a bit thin in the backs but with the three trialists we now have cover all across the backs. Hope they all get a game this week in the cup. 

Only thing we are missing is cover in the halves but Owen could cover that when he is fit.

• 2 months later...

That would be very nice indeed, Kershaw has been outstanding as the only stranger to Oldham. Hooley and Gill both known but done a great job as per usual. 

Really given us an extra attacking threat, be surprised if Gill comes back though as he might be close to hitting the first team at Cas. Good luck to him.. 

• 2 months later...

Archived