derby game

vic

again people are implying the coach is to blame for everything that is banded around the rumour mills , I'm not taking sides but notice -sides - is a plural and there is always two sides to every story and up to press we have heard only hearsay of one of those sides to recent events .

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

again people are implying the coach is to blame for everything that is banded around the rumour mills , I'm not taking sides but notice -sides - is a plural and there is always two sides to every story and up to press we have heard only hearsay of one of those sides to recent events .

But It isn't just about recent events. Its about all season too. 

4 minutes ago, town4me said:

But It isn't just about recent events. Its about all season too. 

according to the BOD and Clark at the pre season open meeting they were going to sign locals and they have , it was a trial season and a 3 yrs plus plan and they reached the super 8's phase , so where as he gone wrong from the objectives , not a single person expected the finals or promtion and the club never said they were aiming for any finals or promotion . So again how can they dismiss him for mission completed ? All he did was try players and see how some went and how they would do and no one can argue that he hasnt signed well in Singleton , Curwen and Maudling in the first phase of the  3 yr + plan .

23 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

according to the BOD and Clark at the pre season open meeting they were going to sign locals and they have , it was a trial season and a 3 yrs plus plan and they reached the super 8's phase , so where as he gone wrong from the objectives , not a single person expected the finals or promtion and the club never said they were aiming for any finals or promotion . So again how can they dismiss him for mission completed ? All he did was try players and see how some went and how they would do and no one can argue that he hasnt signed well in Singleton , Curwen and Maudling in the first phase of the  3 yr + plan .

Well they can't say they wern't warned.

21 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

What Clark has done is to alienate many of our better players - either established fans' favourites or promising locals who have been blanked in favour of mediocre journeymen from the other end of the M 6. Whatever the result on Sunday it will be on the back of commitment from the local lads who will always cherish the opportunity to smash the jambos. Our present coach has failed to tap into the passion that has made us the premier West Cumbrian club over almost 7 decades and if his tenure is renewed it won't just be players that he will be alienating. 

While you cant complain that DC achieved his objective and got us into the top 8 (although in all honesty the top 6 could be picked in February so we were only battling with 2 other teams for the remaining 2 places) i feel its our lack of a cup run and resulting loss of income that should go against him.

Challenge cup we had Newcastle on the ropes after 20 mins and let them back into it and L1 cup after the excellent result away at haven to lose at home to Gloucester was a joke, especially with them switching it to DP and with us putting 50+ on them the week before. We should have been guaranteed at least a final v barrow at Blackpool

18 hours ago, Seaton Sandy said:

What Clark has done is to alienate many of our better players - either established fans' favourites or promising locals who have been blanked in favour of mediocre journeymen from the other end of the M 6. Whatever the result on Sunday it will be on the back of commitment from the local lads who will always cherish the opportunity to smash the jambos. Our present coach has failed to tap into the passion that has made us the premier West Cumbrian club over almost 7 decades and if his tenure is renewed it won't just be players that he will be alienating. 

I'm not taking sides or disagreeing with most stuff but having said that I may not be the sharpest tool in the Box but boycotting your beloved old club isnt exactly going to do much except rob it of vital revenue and only accelerate any decline it could be slipping into , surely protesting and going to see the BOD or going to the offices etc is a much better way to put your point across than slashing the throat of the fiscal side of the club ?

1 minute ago, Anonymouse said:

I'm not taking sides or disagreeing with most stuff but having said that I may not be the sharpest tool in the Box but boycotting your beloved old club isnt exactly going to do much except rob it of vital revenue and only accelerate any decline it could be slipping into , surely protesting and going to see the BOD or going to the offices etc is a much better way to put your point across than slashing the throat of the fiscal side of the club ?

Can't see why you're quoting me. I've already said that whatever squad turns out on Sunday I'll be there to support them. Try having a pop at those who have declared their intention to stay away. As for next year everything for me depends on whether Dave Clark is still the coach. I think he has been a disastrous appointment in terms of his coaching abilities and man management and another year of him would be the final nail in the coffin. For someone who claims not to take sides you have some pretty myopic opinions. I, on the other hand, do take a side, one that favours the players and the long suffering fans. So rest assured I will be doing the 80 mile round trip and contributing to the coffers as usual. 

1 hour ago, Anonymouse said:

It only robs it of revenue if you pay to get in. Unfortunately not everyone does despite the fact the club are struggling.

1 hour ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Can't see why you're quoting me. I've already said that whatever squad turns out on Sunday I'll be there to support them. Try having a pop at those who have declared their intention to stay away. As for next year everything for me depends on whether Dave Clark is still the coach. I think he has been a disastrous appointment in terms of his coaching abilities and man management and another year of him would be the final nail in the coffin. For someone who claims not to take sides you have some pretty myopic opinions. I, on the other hand, do take a side, one that favours the players and the long suffering fans. So rest assured I will be doing the 80 mile round trip and contributing to the coffers as usual. 

I quoted you because your post ended by saying .  if his tenure is renewed it won't just be players that he will be alienating. which I tookas you meant stop going to games .

On 14/09/2017 at 5:50 PM, moorside roughyed said:

I don't know the situation at Workington but Worky v Haven has been on my must see game's. It must be one of them games with genuine niggle between rival fans.Abit like us and Rochdale. I will make it to one some day.

I would get up this Sunday then marra cos these game are are going to die out,  the future of professional rugby league is dieing up here and I feel we won't have it for much longer !

49 minutes ago, wonderofwood said:

Congratulations to Big Phil on his vice captain award for the world cup - amazing  performance considering his game time this year. Will he make an appearance on Sunday ?

Doubt very much if he will and sincerely hope that he doesn't. We have seen very little of him throughout the season so I trust that he's still sporting the sombrero and dodging the hurricanes. Nothing like running away from a twister to rehab the hamstrings. 

54 minutes ago, wonderofwood said:

Congratulations to Big Phil on his vice captain award for the world cup - amazing  performance considering his game time this year. Will he make an appearance on Sunday ?

I hope he does make an appearance, we will be really struggling for forwards with Tom Curwen not yet recovered from his shoulder injury and a question mark over whether or not Steve Scholey will be fit enough in time to feature. 

29 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

I would get up this Sunday then marra cos these game are are going to die out,  the future of professional rugby league is dieing up here and I feel we won't have it for much longer !

I didn't realise it was that bad up there,the thought of losing any Cumbrian club is desperately sad and hard to take.The fans of Worky,Haven and Barrow are salt of the earth folk who love their rugby league. I know up there you are rivals but you need each or there will be no rivalries. I honestly didn't know things were that bad.All I can say is all of you despite any differences you may have or what club you support please stick together for the good of our great game.All the very best I'm sure the clubs will still be around when I do take the trip to Cumbria and see what I consider to be one of rugby leagues best rivalries. Good luck to you all in Cumbria. Rugby league is worth fighting for.

3 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

I don't know the situation at Workington but Worky v Haven has been on my must see game's. It must be one of them games with genuine niggle between rival fans.Abit like us and Rochdale. I will make it to one some day.

Your right they are different. sadly this weekends game doesn't have the same feel. Anyhow we hope to see you next year when Oldham visit DP

On 14/09/2017 at 9:23 PM, moorside roughyed said:

I didn't realise it was that bad up there,the thought of losing any Cumbrian club is desperately sad and hard to take.The fans of Worky,Haven and Barrow are salt of the earth folk who love their rugby league. I know up there you are rivals but you need each or there will be no rivalries. I honestly didn't know things were that bad.All I can say is all of you despite any differences you may have or what club you support please stick together for the good of our great game.All the very best I'm sure the clubs will still be around when I do take the trip to Cumbria and see what I consider to be one of rugby leagues best rivalries. Good luck to you all in Cumbria. Rugby league is worth fighting for.

Just my feelings mr, both boards of town and haven are doing a brilliant job but crowd's of 400 to 600 are not going to keep these two clubs afloat forever, we are both fighting for the same sponsors and the best local talent that is going and that is running dry. The RFL are not bothered with what is happening and are more bothered with expanding in other areas , I really fear for the future of both clubs.

2 minutes ago, wonderofwood said:

Your right they are different. sadly this weekends game doesn't have the same feel. Anyhow we hope to see you next year when Oldham visit DP

I hope so.The news of the game struggling that much has really took the wind out of my sails.Rugby league is a sport I care very deeply for.Very worried indeed.

1 minute ago, Hate the rec said:

Just my feelings mr, both boards of town and haven are doing a brilliant job but crowd's of 400 to 600 are not going to keep these two clubs afloat forever, we are both fighting for the same sponsors and the best local talent that is going and that is running dry. The RFL are not bothered with what is happening and are more bothered with expanding in other areas , I really fear for the future of both clubs.

Forget town v haven , they've a wet dream over seeing New York v Toronto 

2 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Surely to God the folk of both towns should get behind their respective teams.There's history and heritage at stake as well.Your right when you say the RFL are not bothered.They treat lower league rugby with contempt and they treat us all like steerage on a ship.

Archived