2018 Kits

New Kr

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Graham said:

I remember when the BBC wouldn't tolerate adverts on jerseys (above a certain size?). I seem to recall them going to Odsal to televise a Bradford game and they wouldn't show the game because the sponsor's name was just a little bit too big. Am I right or is that a false memory?

I recall the BBC giving "too much sponsorship" as a reason for not showing the Bathurst 1000 any more, after broadcasting extended highlights for a couple of years.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The only RL club gear they do (so far) is Huddersfield, with a 1933-inspired polo shirt.

Hudds1933PoloFN.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The comment regarding Fev having the first sponsor got me wondering when this happened so I looked up the 83 cup final and Hull and Fev were unsponsored but the following year Wigan had JJB Sports and Widnes Stanley Leisure. So perhaps the followers of other clubs can remember their first sponsors and if they still exist. Wigan had JJB Sports followed by Norweb and neither exists these days.

• 2 weeks later...

A leaked photo of the new Hull FC kit :

Image may contain: one or more people

(Allegedly...)

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

5 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

A leaked photo of the new Hull FC kit :

Image may contain: one or more people

(Allegedly...)

Smart F.C. shirt. I’m always puzzled as to why sometimes sponsor logos aren’t integrated better. The one above the badge would look much better an inch higher so not going across the line of the design. Same with the one on the left. Move it up or down and it’s in the design

I know I’m being picky. ?

59 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Smart F.C. shirt. I’m always puzzled as to why sometimes sponsor logos aren’t integrated better. The one above the badge would look much better an inch higher so not going across the line of the design. Same with the one on the left. Move it up or down and it’s in the design

I know I’m being picky. ?

It's an excellent shirt, instantly recognisable, but if we're picking faults I tend to agree with you. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

9 minutes ago, Ullman said:

It's an excellent shirt, instantly recognisable, but if we're picking faults I tend to agree with you. 

Oh. I’m not saying it detracts from the shirt. Just minor irritations for me that could be easily avoided 

Proper RL shirt

The officially released version...

HULL FC 2018 SHIRT: Liam Watts and Albert Kelly model the jerseys.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

34 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Bin the black shorts.

I think there is some sort of RFL requirement for them to have the alternate shorts available.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

On 10/7/2017 at 12:01 AM, Eagle Warrior said:

The comment regarding Fev having the first sponsor got me wondering when this happened so I looked up the 83 cup final and Hull and Fev were unsponsored but the following year Wigan had JJB Sports and Widnes Stanley Leisure. So perhaps the followers of other clubs can remember their first sponsors and if they still exist. Wigan had JJB Sports followed by Norweb and neither exists these days.

I think they were sponsored by then, but wore an sponsored kit for the final. 

On 7/10/2017 at 12:01 AM, Eagle Warrior said:

Rovers sponsorship by Linpac started in 1980. Not sure if it was the same year as Liverpool FC started football shirt sponsorship in UK with Hitachi or not. After two years it stopped (1982/83 our Wembley year) then started again the following season right through the rest of the 1980s. Two or three years ago they came back as shirt sponsor after a 20 odd year gap.

Archived