2018 Kits

New Kr

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the Hull shirt, after reading comments elsewhere, I've only just realised that the hoops aren't complete, there's a black section down each side under the arms.

That's a big downer on it from me, I'm afraid.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

9 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Regarding the Hull shirt, after reading comments elsewhere, I've only just realised that the hoops aren't complete, there's a black section down each side under the arms.

That's a big downer on it from me, I'm afraid.

Hmm. I hadn't noticed that OF. It's a downer for me as well. I thought this shirt was supposed to be a nod towards the unbeaten team of forty years ago?

rldfsignature.jpg

On 6 October 2017 at 11:38 AM, Graham said:

I remember when the BBC wouldn't tolerate adverts on jerseys (above a certain size?). I seem to recall them going to Odsal to televise a Bradford game and they wouldn't show the game because the sponsor's name was just a little bit too big. Am I right or is that a false memory?

Yes you couldn't have a sponsors name on your shirt when on TV.

I remember Coventry City being sponsored by Talbot so they had a shirt designed with a "T" on it which being the sponsors logo caused an uproar at the time

9 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Hmm. I hadn't noticed that OF. It's a downer for me as well. I thought this shirt was supposed to be a nod towards the unbeaten team of forty years ago?

It's nowt like it unfortunately.

Looking back at the official promo photographs, I can't help but wonder if they've been taken with a dark background so people don't notice.

Just to get them in the shop and in a buying mood, as it were.

With regards to the Hull FC shirt, I think it is too heavy on the black. Unless it is an optical illusion, the black hoops are broader than the white ones, giving the shirt a darker feel. My favourite HFC shirt is from the Peter Sterling era, when white seemed to predominate (broader white hoops?). This was teamed with white shorts and, I think, white socks. It looked brilliant. Please bring that back.

(Along with Salford's plain red with a big white S on the left breast!)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

23 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

With regards to the Hull FC shirt, I think it is too heavy on the black. Unless it is an optical illusion, the black hoops are broader than the white ones, giving the shirt a darker feel. My favourite HFC shirt is from the Peter Sterling era, when white seemed to predominate (broader white hoops?). This was teamed with white shorts and, I think, white socks. It looked brilliant. Please bring that back.

Spot on Tony, here it is with the great man himself wearing it...

Image result for peter sterling hull fc

Thanks for that, OF. A truly great kit and a fantastic player! I even like the gaffer tape on the boots.:yes:

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

2 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

Thanks for that, OF. A truly great kit and a fantastic player! I even like the gaffer tape on the boots.:yes:

These days, dear old Sterlo would need tape to keep a hairdo like that on. What a star and that kit would probably sell very well if brought out as a retro option.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 hours ago, ojx said:

Great kits from Hull and Sheffield.  Hope Wigan can go back to a more tradition kit too. Last season's was awful (no offence).

Wigan haven't had a decent kit since they went with Errea and the training/leisure gear they churn out is like a sportsdirect sale rack.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Lover said:

That would be a great story if it wasn't the club, namely Kris Radlinski and the Commercial Manger, who design the shirts each season and not errea.

And if you think errea training kit is sub standard then ask yourself why so many Rugby and Football clubs are with errea when it is well known they pay far less in terms of sponsorship than other more desperate brands and price wise is not as cheap as other brands in the market?

There are 4 very good brands in Rugby League currently, ISC, Oneills, errea and XBlades. To blame any of them for the stuff they deliver is harsh as the clubs sign these things off.

Yeah I have to agree wigans 2015 and 2016 home shirts were very nice and made by errea. Although having said that aesthetically I would rather have ISC (cotton shirts, training/leisure wear a bit nicer imo). I would also throw Kappa into the mix for decent manufacturers. 

I think the importance of having decent kit, both on and off field can be most obviously demonstrated by Wakey. They just need to get the order numbers sorted now so that they have stuff in stock!

22 minutes ago, Monkey Lover said:

That would be a great story if it wasn't the club, namely Kris Radlinski and the Commercial Manger, who design the shirts each season and not errea.

And if you think errea training kit is sub standard then ask yourself why so many Rugby and Football clubs are with errea when it is well known they pay far less in terms of sponsorship than other more desperate brands and price wise is not as cheap as other brands in the market?

There are 4 very good brands in Rugby League currently, ISC, Oneills, errea and XBlades. To blame any of them for the stuff they deliver is harsh as the clubs sign these things off.

Has Kris Radlinski been drug tested lately?

rldfsignature.jpg

1 hour ago, Monkey Lover said:

Not blaming ISC ,O’Neills & XBlades.

On 20/10/2017 at 6:22 AM, Old Frightful said:

The officially released version...

HULL FC 2018 SHIRT: Liam Watts and Albert Kelly model the jerseys.

I like how they have two sets of shorts to avoid colour clashes with other teams that play in predominantly white.

The clashes of 2008 were ridiculous. I don't think I've ever mentioned it...

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

4 hours ago, Monkey Lover said:

Wigan, like other clubs with decent retail depts, work to a 3 year cycle very much like soccer clubs. 

It goes something like -

traditional

traditional with a twist

totally different

It is all to do with sales and how fans tend to skip buying shirts year on year.

You have fans who will buy every year without fail so they kind of don't come into the thought process.

You have fans who buy only when the shirt appeals to them and they are the target market with the 'twist' and traditional shirts.

You also now have a lot of young fans who love shirts to be different and those guys buy in large numbers too so that is a very simplistic explaination of a few reasons why clubs cycle in this way. 

Thanks for that explanation. I don't think top soccer teams do this any more, perhaps a few years ago they did. When did you see a totally different Man Utd shirt? The kit is their main branding, you will get little more than a small twist on any of the big teams.

1 hour ago, Ullman said:

So good it bears repeating.

Is that Phil Edmonds in the background Statto?

Archived