2018 Kits

New Kr

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Warrington’s Magic Ant-Man Kit

88715567-191C-4598-B49D-22C118FAFED4.jpeg

I don't really want to get into whether these should even be getting worn at Magic debate again - but even putting that aside, these are awful! They look like a knock off version of the ones in years gone by. Can't wait for Hull, Catalans and Rhinos kits.......  ?

These magic shirts are that bad,for the first time I'm glad Wigan are supplied by Errea,the quality of rugby played over the weekend will have to go some to overcome the embarrassment.

I have to admit I’ve never been into Comic book stuff even as a kid (more of a Star Wars based childhood) so I had to google Ant Man to find out the gen.

Seems he’s a scientist who developed a helmet to control other living things and chose Ants.   Bit of a wasted opportunity IMO, you only really get to make use of that one afternoon a year when it’s been a particularly hot day.   Even that doesn’t make for a great comic book story, as humble human “Rentokil-man” probably does a better job anyway.

I’d prefer a more fashionable super hero (must be a Wolf based one available like the movie?) or better still a charity-based shirt like the Help for Heroes one a few years ago.   I do like the Salford one.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

3 hours ago, MZH said:

The kids will love them I'm sure, and there is a certain novelty value that means they will shift a few, but they are a little bit cringe inducing imo. I think your comparison with kids pyjamas probably summed it up best.

I’ve got three grandkids who just pointed at it and burst into reems of laughter, they wouldn’t be seen dead in it!

One of them dug out a bedspread he had when he was 5 which almost matches the Wakey kit. It’s been the subject of much laughter and derision in our house.

6 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

I’ve got three grandkids who just pointed at it and burst into reems of laughter, they wouldn’t be seen dead in it!

One of them dug out a bedspread he had when he was 5 which almost matches the Wakey kit. It’s been the subject of much laughter and derision in our house.

If your grandkids are in their 20's in doesnt count. :tongue:

17 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

How old are your grandkids now? It will be the 5-10 range I guess who would like them. 

However I think after this year clubs will question this partnership. It needs to appeal to adults, you know the majority of the RL audience and who actually have money of their own

Those Magic Weekend shirts are horrendous. Hull's just passes as OK, but only because you can barely see the image. They look like kids pyjamas.

The body suits thing was good. It made the players appear to be the super heroes. These are just cheap images of cartoons.

I definitely will not be wasting my money on it.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Really weird decision to change the way the Marvel shirts are designed, from the costume theme to just plonking the cartoon image on the chest. It really doesn't work as well imo.

Although we all complained last year how we were using 4 year old NRL designs. Now we got a customized design we are complaining again :)

18 hours ago, M j M said:

Captain America is bravely hiding behind a LBS hoarding in this abomination.

And that's my main issue with the Leeds and Warrington shirts in particular. If there are any RL fans who like the Marvel characters and might have been interested in the shirts, the actual images are ruined by the sponsors logos. Kind of defeats the object of the shirts really.

On 5/4/2018 at 1:14 PM, MZH said:

Also, why have they got them both to pose like they are looking down on ant man and shaking their heads disapprovingly?

I think adding AntMan was an afterthought when they couldnt get the players to look in the least bit happy about the shirts!!

utter disgrace.. i like the idea of the link with marvel the execution in the last few years I have liked but this is truly woeful.

3 hours ago, RP London said:

I think adding AntMan was an afterthought when they couldnt get the players to look in the least bit happy about the shirts!!

utter disgrace.. i like the idea of the link with marvel the execution in the last few years I have liked but this is truly woeful.

If something like this was done properly the opportunies are huge. There should be massive scope to flog gear outside the RL community and get the clubs and the game more exposure because of it. Imagine having Tom Holland posing in a Wakefield shirt for example? 

But we have these abominations instead, which no one outside of the game will ever see or hear about. 

17 minutes ago, MZH said:

If something like this was done properly the opportunies are huge. There should be massive scope to flog gear outside the RL community and get the clubs and the game more exposure because of it. Imagine having Tom Holland posing in a Wakefield shirt for example? 

But we have these abominations instead, which no one outside of the game will ever see or hear about. 

Tom Holland the historian?

53 minutes ago, MZH said:

I hope to god no one sees or hears about them but I have a horrible feeling social media is not going to be our friend on this one!

Totally agree Chris Hemsworth posing in the Warrington Thor one last year alongside Ashton Simms would have been great etc.. Such a poor set this year, would have been better to do pretty much anything else than these.. and I was all for them before!

Archived