2018 Kits

New Kr

Wigan's armed forces tribute strip for the match against Leeds. Part of the money made from sales will go to the Royal British Legion.

Uq8iWL5G?format=jpg&name=600x314

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Wigan's armed forces tribute strip for the match against Leeds. Part of the money made from sales will go to the Royal British Legion.

Uq8iWL5G?format=jpg&name=600x314

It’s a pity they didn’t continue with the poppies onto the sleeves. I like it otherwise.

rldfsignature.jpg

Will Leeds also have a special shirt? I hope so.

This is another move towards the Australian model of multiple special rounds, and I don't mind that at all.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

24 minutes ago, Southstander13 said:

Don't buy the shirt for the kids then, hardly rocket science!

i'm amazed by how many people seem to find this impossible along with the word "no". My son doesn't keep pestering me for all the kits under the sun for the teams he supports, nor would it matter if he did.

23 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Will Leeds also have a special shirt? I hope so.

This is another move towards the Australian model of multiple special rounds, and I don't mind that at all.

I don't mind having multiple kits as long as their meaningful like a heritage or charity kit, I'm not into Super 8s or Marvel kits

6 minutes ago, West Leeds Riviera said:

I don't mind having multiple kits as long as their meaningful like a heritage or charity kit, I'm not into Super 8s or Marvel kits

This. 

I’m all for the charity shirts but they can bin off the Marvel rubbish and kits for the Super 8’s. 

A ‘charity’ round or a heritage round would be fine with me. 

Seen on Facebook today that no Hummel Jerseys were available to purchase in Denver, due to shipping issues.

Looks like they also had non-Hummel produced logo tee's. Produced by American licensed sports brand '47Brand', or printed on plain '47Brand' tees.

They really don't help themselves do they. 

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

On Saturday here was an assortment of plain t shirts with England badge printed on or Denver International League Rugby Football or similar. 30-35 dollars. Two stalls in the ground, dull looking stuff but they were doing a decent trade. I bought a very good qualty and very smart Denver Broncos gym top for 11 dollars from the club shop instead. Going to the semis at Bolton, so maybe they'll have England gear there, if so I'll be getting a shirt. Looking ahead, given how seriously the RFL seem to be taking the 2021 WC then hopefully they will have a deal to get the England shirt into a major high street clothes or supermarket chain.

43 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Looking ahead, given how seriously the RFL seem to be taking the 2021 WC then hopefully they will have a deal to get the England shirt into a major high street clothes or supermarket chain.

Great idea. 

I’m obviously not from the heartlands but has it ever been possible to buy England/GB replica jerseys on the High Street?

Not a slight on your idea, just curious.

19 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Great idea. 

I’m obviously not from the heartlands but has it ever been possible to buy England/GB replica jerseys on the High Street?

I think the last WC shirt was in Sports Direct. Though that may have just been in heartland areas (I saw it in Leeds and Wakey).

Having the shirts alone in the supermarkets isn’t going to entice anybody to buy one unless you’re already a Rugby League fan and that’s just another case of preaching to the choir. 

I think this is why I’m pro-new Super League and a breakaway from the current RFL. The game needs more recognition, more hype and more marketing and to do that, we need our best, Super League or in this case, England, to be built up as superstars. We need the game marketed and we need to make the game exciting and gripping and if this can be achieved by a new Super League, i’m all for it. 

8 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Great idea. 

They used to be in JJB Sports in my town in the late 90s / early 2000s along with local club shirts

9 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Great idea. 

Back in the day you used to be able to get a lot of RL shirts on Carnaby St, Soccer scene, and then Rugby Scene.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

9 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Having the shirts alone in the supermarkets isn’t going to entice anybody to buy one unless you’re already a Rugby League fan and that’s just another case of preaching to the choir. 

I think this is why I’m pro-new Super League and a breakaway from the current RFL. The game needs more recognition, more hype and more marketing and to do that, we need our best, Super League or in this case, England, to be built up as superstars. We need the game marketed and we need to make the game exciting and gripping and if this can be achieved by a new Super League, i’m all for it. 

I don't think that is quite true. There are plenty of people with a casual interest in RL, as we see from the TV viewing figures - particularly the internationals on BBC.

In any case, even if you are just maximising your sales from your existing base, that would be a huge improvement on now. At the moment, buying merchandise even as a loyal RL fan it is very difficult!

10 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I don't think that is quite true. There are plenty of people with a casual interest in RL, as we see from the TV viewing figures - particularly the internationals on BBC.

In any case, even if you are just maximising your sales from your existing base, that would be a huge improvement on now. At the moment, buying merchandise even as a loyal RL fan it is very difficult!

and if you can get the rights on free to air tv whilst having stuff in the shops that is how you start to eat away at the consciousness of the nation (especially if we are doing well).

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

They used to be in JJB Sports in my town in the late 90s / early 2000s along with local club shirts

JJB and at least another sports chain had a limited stock of RL shirts in Huddersfield. I remember the 1995 England WC jersey being available, along with the Welsh and GB one. Pretty sure some club jerseys (Leeds, Wigan, Bradford) were stocked too, though you had to go to Scrumdown for Huddersfield RLFC gear. 

Minä rakastan rugbyliigaa!

Archived