Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
New Kr

2018 Kits

9 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Great idea. 

I’m obviously not from the heartlands but has it ever been possible to buy England/GB replica jerseys on the High Street?

Not a slight on your idea, just curious.

Back in the day you used to be able to get a lot of RL shirts on Carnaby St, Soccer scene, and then Rugby Scene.

Edited by EastLondonMike
  • Like 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

9 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Having the shirts alone in the supermarkets isn’t going to entice anybody to buy one unless you’re already a Rugby League fan and that’s just another case of preaching to the choir. 

I think this is why I’m pro-new Super League and a breakaway from the current RFL. The game needs more recognition, more hype and more marketing and to do that, we need our best, Super League or in this case, England, to be built up as superstars. We need the game marketed and we need to make the game exciting and gripping and if this can be achieved by a new Super League, i’m all for it. 

I don't think that is quite true. There are plenty of people with a casual interest in RL, as we see from the TV viewing figures - particularly the internationals on BBC.

In any case, even if you are just maximising your sales from your existing base, that would be a huge improvement on now. At the moment, buying merchandise even as a loyal RL fan it is very difficult!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I don't think that is quite true. There are plenty of people with a casual interest in RL, as we see from the TV viewing figures - particularly the internationals on BBC.

In any case, even if you are just maximising your sales from your existing base, that would be a huge improvement on now. At the moment, buying merchandise even as a loyal RL fan it is very difficult!

and if you can get the rights on free to air tv whilst having stuff in the shops that is how you start to eat away at the consciousness of the nation (especially if we are doing well).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

They used to be in JJB Sports in my town in the late 90s / early 2000s along with local club shirts

JJB and at least another sports chain had a limited stock of RL shirts in Huddersfield. I remember the 1995 England WC jersey being available, along with the Welsh and GB one. Pretty sure some club jerseys (Leeds, Wigan, Bradford) were stocked too, though you had to go to Scrumdown for Huddersfield RLFC gear. 

Minä rakastan rugbyliigaa!