2018 Kits

New Kr

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 4:21 AM, Tongs ya bas said:

Settle down.

I was being a little skittish.

It's a classic outfit, redolent of the club's golden age, although the blue and red could perhaps be a little darker.

I remember trinity when they played in dark blue jerseys with a red band.

All the way back to 2011? ;)

images-2.jpg

I have a theory that teams look better in a shirt design that is predominantly white. However, fans prefer buying dark shirts because they don't highlight spilt coffee, beer, gravy, tomato sauce etc.

:)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Just now, Futtocks said:

Has this been posted yet?

DO1dA8PWsAIyBxi.jpg

Ha, beaten to it by seconds!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I find it so annoying when teams use not their colours for the away jersey. A blue and white team should be a blue and white team whether home or away. For example I don't even know what colours the Wales team is, other than guessing black and yellow based on the badge. It would be better for building a brand to be consistent.

3 hours ago, TheReaper said:

I find it so annoying when teams use not their colours for the away jersey. A blue and white team should be a blue and white team whether home or away. For example I don't even know what colours the Wales team is, other than guessing black and yellow based on the badge. It would be better for building a brand to be consistent.

Yeah I'll agree with you there. I'd love to see Leeds play away in yellow again. I don't mind something non traditional one year but not every year

3 hours ago, TheReaper said:

That doesn't make any sense what would happen when say Widnes play Hull or Saints play Wigan. 

39 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

That doesn't make any sense what would happen when say Widnes play Hull or Saints play Wigan. 

Widnes - Hull: One wears black one wears white.

Saints - Wigan: One wears red one wears white.

1 minute ago, TheReaper said:

Widnes - Hull: One wears black one wears white.

Saints - Wigan: One wears red one wears white.

The problem there is Hull FCs home kit is pretty much 50/50 black and white as Wigans is 50/50 cherry and white. So the Hull one would clash with any variation Widnes could wear. Whilst Wigan would clash with any kit Saints,Leigh or Hull KR wear. I would actually go the opposite and I wouldn't allow any club to use any colour they have in their home kit in their away one. 

23 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

The problem there is Hull FCs home kit is pretty much 50/50 black and white as Wigans is 50/50 cherry and white. So the Hull one would clash with any variation Widnes could wear. Whilst Wigan would clash with any kit Saints,Leigh or Hull KR wear. I would actually go the opposite and I wouldn't allow any club to use any colour they have in their home kit in their away one. 

Have a third then.

2 hours ago, TheReaper said:

Have a third then.

There is only so much you can do with black and white. Plus who's going to buy three shirts that are all essentially the same thing? Playing shirts are first and foremost a piece of merchandise and a source of revenue for clubs. You want varied, interesting designs to shift as many as possible.

On 10/11/2017 at 10:00 PM, chuffer said:

haven's kit is still the best I've seen in this thread

Haven haven’t released their shirt yet, that one earlier in the thread is just a heritage shirt designed by one of their supporters groups to raise money for the club.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

16 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Problem with rugby league is, they follow soccer when it comes to colour clashes.

Dark/colour kit v white/light kit would work.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

1 hour ago, Mister Ting said:

Problem with rugby league is, they follow soccer when it comes to colour clashes.

Dark/colour kit v white/light kit would work.

For the most part thats what teams do. If their home shirt is predominantly light then the away is usually darker. Just swapping colours works if you have relatively unique colours ie Cas with black and orange (amber), but when nearly half the league play in some variation of Red and white (and 1 other colour) then it becomes too simplistic imo. 

Pink and Purple seem to have been popular away shirt colour options recently; making a nice change from the usual black or white variations.

20 hours ago, ojx said:

Bugly!

Best ones so far:

• Crusaders (away)
  • Widnes (home)
  • Hull (home)

Worst:

• Halifax (home)
  • London (home)

Widnes haven't released their home one yet, have we? There were some pics earlier in the thread comparing a new saints shirt with the design of one of our old ones I think (in style, not colour)

Archived