EMBARRASSING

Blue Pike

4 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Who is picking the players for next season as quite a few already signed are not good enough.We are in urgent need of two experienced props and we sign a winger,and our wingers get very few chances.Out of the gloom i thought Cooper and Walters put in the effort.Misi i am afraid was hopeless on defence again.

Oh dear. Men against boys. Our defensive play appears to me to have worsened over the past two seasons. Misi"s performances of late have been mediocre at best, especially in defence. Cooper did his best to get things moving but with Warrington on our line we just appeared to look at each other in bewilderment as if questioning who was going to make the next move. We definitely want beefing up throughout the team. We looked like a set of schoolboys compared to the opposition.

I am sick to death of stating that we lack and have lacked for several seasons. a couple of good centres around which to build the team. No doubt about it, we have a mountain to climb next season and I hate to say it but the squad we have at the moment are just not good enough.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Maureen T-k said:

I didn't expect a win from Fev today, but what I did expect was a lot more effort. Once again our defence was the worse I've seen all season (even worse than the Widnes game) Twenty minutes to go I'd stomached enough and made my way from the family stand towards the Post office road end towards the clubhouse. On my way I stopped to speak to a Fev fan I know and as I was speaking to him a Warrington fan joined in the conversation and told us that "we were selling our team short" and we were in fact quite good ( didn't agree with him mindst) He then went on to say what a tidy ground we had and it was something to be proud of, a lot of Warrington fans were not aware that the new stands had been built by those wonderful volunteers 

Youre right Mo for decades we've had a good side in a ###### stadium.Now we have a ###### side in an excellent stadium.

To round it all off, it isn't just a matter of full time v part time, coaching methods and skill levels, it is also about playing for the shirt, having pride, and giving something back to the supporters, something that was sorely missing today. I too walked out 15 minutes before the end as were many others. A sight I have not witnessed before.

17 minutes ago, saddleworth said:

Oh dear. Men against boys. Our defensive play appears to me to have worsened over the past two seasons. Misi"s performances of late have been mediocre at best, especially in defence. Cooper did his best to get things moving but with Warrington on our line we just appeared to look at each other in bewilderment as if questioning who was going to make the next move. We definitely want beefing up throughout the team. We looked like a set of schoolboys compared to the opposition.

I am sick to death of stating that we lack and have lacked for several seasons. a couple of good centres around which to build the team. No doubt about it, we have a mountain to climb next season and I hate to say it but the squad we have at the moment are just not good enough.

Totally agree 

24 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

If there is only me with the opinion that we were poor then I am shocked.If that performance is acceptable to you then you  must be easily pleased.

Think you need to take more notice of the game and less of the barmaids!!  If you read my post, I haven't said it was acceptable, I have just pointed out that we are not good enough, no matter how you try and jazz it up and I didn't expected to win....and again it's just my opinion, as is your opinion, you think we were an embarrassment!! 

16 minutes ago, just1fev said:

Just how many games we have won under the leadership of the our new coach? Despite the difference in team status in what other sport would they survive this long.

P7 W0 D1 L6 F110 A284

Against Championship clubs P3 W0 D1 F76 A94

Against SL clubs P4 W0 D0 L4 F34 A190 (for comparison last season against the SL sides in the 8s P4 W0 D0 L4 F62 A226)

2 hours ago, Auntie Ruth said:

Don't care if London gave them a game, don't care that Halifax pushed them for 60 minutes, both these teams finished above us and are better than us,

I really try not to disagree with everything you post but...

To suggest that we couldn't possibly have at least matched  London's / Fax's efforts against Wire because those two teams are 'better' than us (based on their league positions) is with the greatest respect pure and utter sh*te.

25 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

Some great candidates for post of the year tonight isn't there.

Wasn't M.C. the one who told Powell he had not done well enough.The side we had under him would P-ss on our present side, and i would think the wage bill would have been about half of the present squads.As i have said before it shouldn't be about money pride for the club and shirt should be foremost.We had a great mention on B.B.C 5 Live Featherstone THRASHED by Warrington.

2 hours ago, saddleworth said:

.......it isn't just a matter of full time v part time, coaching methods and skill levels, it is also about playing for the shirt, having pride, and giving something back to the supporters, something that was sorely missing today.....

This just about sums it up.

12 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Wasn't M.C. the one who told Powell he had not done well enough.The side we had under him would P-ss on our present side, and i would think the wage bill would have been about half of the present squads.As i have said before it shouldn't be about money pride for the club and shirt should be foremost.We had a great mention on B.B.C 5 Live Featherstone THRASHED by Warrington.

Sad to say it, but in today's game it's all about money and results

Problems with defence come down to one of two things either the structure of of the defence or the players ability to defend in the structure. If the problem is the structure that is down to the coach if it is the players that is down to coach to get rid and get the players in that can play to the system.

12 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

Problems with defence come down to one of two things either the structure of of the defence or the players ability to defend in the structure. If the problem is the structure that is down to the coach if it is the players that is down to coach to get rid and get the players in that can play to the system.

Players shouldn't be playing Rugby League if they cant tackle.First man takes the legs second covers the ball to stop off loads third if needed pushes the attacker down.I tell you when i played i loved tackling and never stopped speaking to the other forwards encouraging them to get stuck in.We are leaderless in the pack since Stuart Dickens left.It costs the same for me to watch ice hockey and that's where my money will go first in future if Fev start playing like a proper team again then i will give my support.

I've never left a game early in my life, ever, until now. I think i left with 20 minutes to go. Disgusting performance but it seems to be a rolling theme when we get to last games. There was absolutely no bother in the squad whatsoever.

Giving Fax a miss as i think after that performance I know what the score will be and my brass could go towards a better day out. Club isn't progressing on the field at all and it never will unless we go full time. Strange how we can't go full time, with the "big investors" prize money sponsorships etc. If Sheffield and London can do it, with worst fan base in league, why can't we?

11 hours ago, just1fev said:

Just how many games we have won under the leadership of the our new coach? Despite the difference in team status in what other sport would they survive this long.

JD has come in at a difficult time, he needs half of next season before you can call for his head.

10 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

P7 W0 D1 L6 F110 A284

Against Championship clubs P3 W0 D1 F76 A94

Against SL clubs P4 W0 D0 L4 F34 A190 (for comparison last season against the SL sides in the 8s P4 W0 D0 L4 F62 A226)

The three championship side's were Toulouse away, London away and HKR at home, not Oldham, Swinton or Sheffield.  The team had a shocker yesterday however put it into perspective we were playing a full time SL team that should not have been in the bottom 4.

9 minutes ago, Fev1983 said:

The three championship side's were Toulouse away, London away and HKR at home, not Oldham, Swinton or Sheffield.  The team had a shocker yesterday however put it into perspective we were playing a full time SL team that should not have been in the bottom 4.

Agree with your point. As I've posted in another thread we've been one of the top 2 PT clubs for the last 2 seasons and the season before that top 3. Not really sure how we can improve on that without going FT which I think would be financial suicide at the moment.

Archived