EMBARRASSING

Blue Pike

I have watched Fev since 1939. There have been good times and bad times. I reckon we are in an interim period and as in the past things will work out. We have often been looked at as a second rate team but have pulled out surprises to take honours that nobody expected. That time will come again. Fate has a few tricks up his sleeve and we have usually benefited from an unexpected turn of events. My attitude and advice would be to have patience. Rome wasn't built in a day and the future will eventually turn to our advantage. The old Featherstone grit is still there and will eventually emerge. Up the Rovers. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Don't understand what you mean Jacko but the previous two posts by Rob and Phil are absolutely spot on . Weve all had time to get over this one lets all move on and hope somehow we can beat Fax and get an extra 50K plus wipe the smug smile away from Oxy boys face .

I will be smiling win or lose as always. I can't wait until Sunday, for the outsider its a nothing game, for me its Fax V Fev and one of very few games I can really get excited for.

On 18/09/2017 at 8:37 AM, The Blues Ox said:

LOL talk about bi-polar, after last week and how good you were to this week and wanting to get rid of the coach after a loss against Warrington.

Andrew Henderson was announced Championship Coach of the Season last night, yet there's a thread on the London forum entitled "Henderson Out". Go figure.

19 hours ago, Phil Loxton said:

As stated previously I walked out early for the first time in 54 years. Today I don't know whether I feel embarrassed for doing it or whether I feel more embarrassed for the players that made me do it. Believe me I've seen some ###### in those years and have been mightily out weighed by the glory. I attend regularly home and away and I don't want a blue Peter badge for doing it but any one who knows me personally will be just as shocked as I feel for myself. But yesterday right from the outset the players did not  intend putting up more than a token resistance. Putting your eggs in one basket expecting to win next week is robbing spectators of their hard earned brass for many of whom also go out to work. I didn't go expecting Fev to beat Warrington but I expected the players to make me feel proud.

My wife and I have been supporting Fev for many years. Bad times and good times and it is the first time I have ever walked out during the game. It is not about the rugby that was being offered, it was about the total lack of effort, dedication and guts that was on display from the team. I can forgive any team in defeat, providing they go down fighting. In the past I have witnessed many  displays of rugby where we have been totally outclassed but at least we fought tooth and nail and went down fighting, to be cheered off the ground at the end of the game. Regarding the comments about Misi, he was a top class player when we purchased him but I am afraid that over the past seasons he has lost pace and defensive qualities IMO. 

41 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Agreed.

1) Kelly
2) Henderson
3) Sheens

Henderson and Sheens wouldnt be in my top 2. Henderson has been given the award for getting a full time team with the 2nd biggest budget in the league and on a par with some SL teams to erm..... 2nd. Sheens I could argue maybe could be in there as he has managed to get KR promoted but realistically neither himself or Henderson could be seen to have over achieved. Looking at the reaction from the awards last night it seems that the majority of people were saying Kelly or Marshall and its very easy to put forward a case for each of them.

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Henderson and Sheens wouldnt be in my top 2. Henderson has been given the award for getting a full time team with the 2nd biggest budget in the league and on a par with some SL teams to erm..... 2nd.

A budget on a par with SL teams? If you're right (& I'm not saying you aren't) that must mean Hughes is putting in seven figures or very close to it, no? And if that's the case, that's a pretty ordinary team for the money, outside of the halves and Ioane.

3 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Henderson and Sheens wouldnt be in my top 2. Henderson has been given the award for getting a full time team with the 2nd biggest budget in the league and on a par with some SL teams to erm..... 2nd. Sheens I could argue maybe could be in there as he has managed to get KR promoted but realistically neither himself or Henderson could be seen to have over achieved. Looking at the reaction from the awards last night it seems that the majority of people were saying Kelly or Marshall and its very easy to put forward a case for each of them.

I was being a bit flippant omitting Marshall, but Kelly the clear candidate for me. To be fair Marshall bonded the team together very well towards the backend but until the last three games of the regular season most Fax fans seemed pretty disillusioned with what had been offered up, and it's worth noting that Sharp won the last 3 games last year in similar fashion to clinch top 4 against teams that had everything to play for but didn't even get nominated.

4 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

A budget on a par with SL teams? If you're right (& I'm not saying you aren't) that must mean Hughes is putting in seven figures or very close to it, no? And if that's the case, that's a pretty ordinary team for the money, outside of the halves and Ioane.

He has been putting in those sort of figures for years. I remember seeing the financials a few years back and they been in debt to him to the tune of over 10M, I doubt the amounts he has been putting in have got any less.

I would have thought that any full-timer that did that would have extra catching practice forced on him, and if he kept dropping them he would be shown the door.

10 minutes ago, HAVERCROFT10 said:

Hope all others disappointed with a couple of drubbings our lads have taken during mammoth tasks v fulltime super league  teams

can have the same view ROVERS FOREVER, we  now need to give OUR LADS  massive support and encouragement at Fax tomorrow

and  hoping they respond .UTR.

Aye weve all had our moan, but were still fev. Lets get there in numbers and do our bit tomorrow. #UTR.

It shows fans care, nobody wants to see their team get hammered in any sport, it's been a tough couple of seasons but no team has the right to be in the top 4, they have to earn it, which says it all, Fev have finished in the top 4 the last 2 seasons because they've earned it!  Times have changed, teams have changed, i.e. Leigh and with the introduction of the Canadian and French sides, it'll get tougher, I support Fev because I care about the club, not because they've dominated in the past, win, lose or drawn, they'll have my support....

Hopefully Duffy will galvanise our team into an effective unit make P.O.R a fortress and  go to away matches full of confidence and pick up wins away. They will also have my full support. As supporters we are entitled to a few moans whether its against our team or the referees., just as long as the lads give 100%, win lose or draw.

24 minutes ago, haskey said:

Hopefully Duffy will galvanise our team into an effective unit make P.O.R a fortress and  go to away matches full of confidence and pick up wins away. They will also have my full support. As supporters we are entitled to a few moans whether its against our team or the referees., just as long as the lads give 100%, win lose or draw.

Agree completely.I will be there .I love this club and if we lose tomorrow but give it our all I will be happy as I haven't seen the effort put in apart from the Catalan match.I think the Team owe the supporters and more importantly themselves a top performance tomorrow.Some of the players playing tomorrow  won't be here next season so let them give it their all plus the rest of the Team and let's hopefully pick up a much needed win that will breed confidence going forward into pre season training.

Archived