Toulouse, Semi-Final Shield

andyram

The big game has finally arrived this Saturday. Anyone making the trip to France this weekend ?

If we can put out a full strength team against Toulouse, we might just have a chance.Keeping Ford quiet will help too.

Toulouse 30-32 Rams (hopefully)

Kudos to those fans travelling to this match - I hope that you have a great time.

Reasons of timing and parsimony prevent me from being there in person but, like many others, I shall be there in spirit (and Twitter).

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

Full strength team or not, we have to tighten up on defence, cut out the wayward passes and stop knocking on. Then we only have the opposition to contend with, oh and the heat. 

Just returned from Montpelier. It's cool, overcast and occasionally wet. More of the same forecast, so temperatures in the South of France shouldn't be an excuse. Our defence is a different matter.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Swinton held them to 4 points last weekend in Toulouse but of course there was nothing at stake. Still, it makes me slightly optimistic. Think we will have our best team playing and I'm sure they will be up for it. Does anybody know when the team are travelling -  hope it is Friday, but this is more expense of course.

2 hours ago, myview said:

Swinton held them to 4 points last weekend in Toulouse but of course there was nothing at stake. Still, it makes me slightly optimistic. Think we will have our best team playing and I'm sure they will be up for it. Does anybody know when the team are travelling -  hope it is Friday, but this is more expense of course.

The team was meeting at 9 this morning, with a training session later in the day and returning on Sunday. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Good luck and do the dogs a favour

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Good effort to win the second half. Has Sykes been given that contract yet!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

Good effort to win the second half. Has Sykes been given that contract yet!

Diskin's still writing it I believe.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Spot on with the Toulouse win margin but a bit out with the Barrow victory ! Nobody expected such a crushing win and I bet Donny fans will be thinking they would have been much closer but fair do's to the Raiders, they deserve promotion imo as the second-best side in the C1 for a second year.

Sounded amazing up at 'Haven with York the unlucky losers and well done Hunslet.

Archived