Well

Town1988

After supporting the club for nearly 30 year ive been blocked from the twitter account that i set up for having an opinion! Workington town didn't exsist on social media until i set it all up! Well thats my last! Ya can shove ya club! Bought every shirt for the last 25 year! Supported it through thick and thin and although i dont attend many games anymore as i live away you take away my only way of getting official info! Sorry forgot to add 

Gavin King

I got blocked too..

We have off field troubles,players getting treat like , an absolutely awful season, and a few days before the game against Whitehaven. Town tweet about Craig Calvert!!

"It'll be an honour for Derwent Park to watch @calvertlll2 in his last derby b4 retirement. A fantastic player and so passionate for Haven ??" (are they taking the effing pssi) 

,poor June Kennedy who has been at the club for 44 year 44!!! Didnt even get a mention til another fan pointed it out. For the club to block me and a few others is a disgrace. The club need us more than ever right now... 

Anyways I wont be back through the turnstiles, the club need me more than I need them. The amount of money I have spent watching Town, the amount of things I have missed out on with my mates,family,missus just to watch Town. And because I voice my opinion the club block me.

30 minutes ago, Town1988 said:

After supporting the club for nearly 30 year ive been blocked from the twitter account that i set up for having an opinion! Workington town didn't exsist on social media until i set it all up! Well thats my last! Ya can shove ya club! Bought every shirt for the last 25 year! Supported it through thick and thin and although i dont attend many games anymore as i live away you take away my only way of getting official info! Sorry forgot to add 

Gavin King

Don't worry mate no official info gets released

15 minutes ago, Cato89 said:

I got blocked too..

We have off field troubles,players getting treat like , an absolutely awful season, and a few days before the game against Whitehaven. Town tweet about Craig Calvert!!

"It'll be an honour for Derwent Park to watch @calvertlll2 in his last derby b4 retirement. A fantastic player and so passionate for Haven ??" (are they taking the effing pssi) 

,poor June Kennedy who has been at the club for 44 year 44!!! Didnt even get a mention til another fan pointed it out. For the club to block me and a few others is a disgrace. The club need us more than ever right now... 

Anyways I wont be back through the turnstiles, the club need me more than I need them. The amount of money I have spent watching Town, the amount of things I have missed out on with my mates,family,missus just to watch Town. And because I voice my opinion the club block me.

I must say I was surprised at that terminology with Calvert . Looked over the top on town official media !

Short period of time becaue my pal who set up the account , unblocked me! 

Hahaha and as for me saying "bumming calvert" get your facts right. I didn't say that, dont come on here slating me for something I never said go and look into it again before talking ! ????

Ye i did use the F

And like i said on twitter only Town and my followers could see that! Nobody else. 

13 minutes ago, GMcKeating said:

I've looked into it and Cato was blocked for a short period of time. 

A player who has played for the same club for 13 years. His last derby. Kris Coward hugged him on the pitch. It's called sportsmanship. Whatever the situation at the club it doesn't mean that it can't act like that. When jason Mossop announced his testimonial it was the same the other way from Haven and other clubs.

The particular  reason Cato was blocked was for using the f word and terminology about 'bumming Calvert' 

Town is a family club and the club sponsors who the BOD are working hard to engage again for next season read the timeline and it isn't acceptable for that to be on there. 

There is nothing wrong with sportsmanship Gary. 

I don't agree with what' seems to be going on at the club but we should all celebrate a long career. 

Well said. 

8 minutes ago, GMcKeating said:

Fair do's 

Not slating just explaining. If your marra is on the town twitter account that's naughty. 

If i was on the town twitter i wouldnt be banned? What is tge reason i was blocked then?

5 minutes ago, GMcKeating said:

Fair do's 

Not slating just explaining. If your marra is on the town twitter account that's naughty. 

Who is in charge of the twitter account? 

After the goings on this week at our club. I dont think the timing was right(im not sure there is a right time) to be tweeting about Calvert. He has had a good career.of course he has and we cant take anythig away from him but everyone at Town used to slaughter him when we payed Whitehaven. It wasnt even his last game for Whitehaven!  Ive spat the dummy. I'll leave it at that! ??

TTID

1 hour ago, Cato89 said:

I got blocked too..

Got your back on this one mate. Alienating players and loyal fans while inviting adulation for Sponge Bob. Yes I really do think they are taking the p*ss !

5 minutes ago, Cato89 said:

Who is in charge of the twitter account? 

After the goings on this week at our club. I dont think the timing was right(im not sure there is a right time) to be tweeting about Calvert. He has had a good career.of course he has and we cant take anythig away from him but everyone at Town used to slaughter him when we payed Whitehaven. It wasnt even his last game for Whitehaven!  Ive spat the dummy. I'll leave it at that! ??

TTID

Wouldnt of had ghis in my day ???

Well that's me finished with the club. I have heard it all now  

club and fans fighting each other  on the forum  jam will be loving this 

dont agree with the signings and what dc has done with Callum either  

Players put their bodies on the line and square pants has been hammered by town fans. 

But sometimes you know they should be congratulated even if they are opposition. 13 year at 1 club is loyalty and consistent at high level. 

Fill your boots guys  

2 minutes ago, GMcKeating said:

Not inviting adulation . Not taking the you know what. Sportsmanship. Pure and simple. 

I would hope other teams would do it for our players if they retire after such a long career. 

Way too cosy for me G.M.   You diminish the fervent rivalry between Workington Town R.L.F.C. and the permanent underachievers down the road, but given that you have had a foot in both camps in recent times I can't say that I'm surprised. Many of my friends who follow other mainstream sports often express their incredulity at the animosity engendered over the years between Town and jam and in their simplicity attempt to draw comparisons with Rangers and Celtic or Man United and Man City! I have to disillusion them by explaining that the real comparison is much more like Rangers and Buckie Thistle or Man U and Stockport. When fans like Cato and many others kick off in this fashion the Club is facing a huge task in getting them back on board and that won't be helped by inviting them to throw laurel wreaths at our arch enemies. 

3 minutes ago, GMcKeating said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion sandy. Foot in both camps?

Surely you acknowledge your past involvement with the Great Pretenders ? As I said - expecting loyal Townies to blow kisses at Square Pants just after the jam have humiliated us on our own midden is an ask too far. Unless there are some major changes next year then I will be joining the growing list of disillusioned defectors just as you have apparently jumped ship!? 

37 minutes ago, Egbertnobacon said:

I hardly think Rangers and buckie thistle is a good analogy . More like coventry city and bournemouth now !!!  Of course it was appropriate to mention calverts career but not at the exclusion of our own . 

I stand by that analogy ----- Town have won pretty much everything that was up for grabs --- the pretenders have achieved er--- nowt. 

Don't know the ins and outs of the situation at Worky.Reading this thread is such a shame, I hope something can be done to reunite the fans for the good of the club and the game in Cumbria.In our games with Workington I've met some great fans who love their rugger,it would be a great shame to lose that.All the best.

Archived