New coach

roughyed1064

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Respect what Naylor has done with a limited budget and he was unlucky with injuries in the second half of the season (thought Langers was a big miss) but his style of play was a major reason why we went down. Would like to see a new face but if not I hope Naylor's learned from his experiences and giving him another chance would be fair enough.  

Think it is suggesting that Watson will have £300,000 cut from the wage bill,transfer funds etc rather than he himself is on £300,000. Can't imagine any coach is on that kind of money tbh.

"But his (Koucash) departure could see a reduction in costs, with as much as £300,000 being mentioned, for coach Watson."

2 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

Think it is suggesting that Watson will have £300,000 cut from the wage bill,transfer funds etc rather than he himself is on £300,000. Can't imagine any coach is on that kind of money tbh.

"But his (Koucash) departure could see a reduction in costs, with as much as £300,000 being mentioned, for coach Watson."

Aah yeah. I see that now. Cheers.?

Nah I doubt it, he wanted to buy all the land as well with Latics iirc, that's not going to happen so I doubt he will suddenly become interested after he was knocked back.

As for the Yeds its a conundrum really, Marwan was at Salford 4 years or so, bought them a decent set of players, steadied the club ,yet the fanbase didn't really pick up over his tenure. The problem is what shape are Salford going to be in without his monetary input, on crowds of 3500 ish, I cant imagine they will be able to sustain the quality of player they have currently and possibly face a bit of uncertainty over the future. He tried to raise the profile of Salford and ultimately failed (from a fanbase point of view).

If he was interested in Oldham then that is probs the only way we would get a ground of our own,with a sugar daddy so to speak, and maybe a few seasons of relative success. Its what happens after the man bankrolling a club leaves is what worries me. Someone like Marwan would certainly raise the profile and possibly attract some fans back, but at what long term cost. It will be very interesting to see how Salford fare now without him and if they can be self sustainable. 

Overall I feel a bit for Dr Koucash, he did everything he promised for Salford and really didn't get the reaction from the people of Salford he deserved, he may be controversial and says some daft stuff sometimes, but fair play to him for putting his money where his mouth is. Also putting a Trustees board with fan input is also a great legacy from him,he said he was only ever a custodian of the club,it remains to be seen what Salford do from here. I hope he is not lost to the game.

Salford has the same problem as the Yeds - not playing in the town they represent.

Many old Yed supporters when I see them for a pint after a game sarcastically say, "How's Tameside done today?" How many more stop aways feel the same here and in Salford and also Swinton?

Slight difference that the AJ Bell is still in Salford technically, anyway, the Tameside argument won't be relevant next season (unless the RFL do a major u turn and don't relegate anyone!), when Oldham return to Whitebank we will be back in Oldham. No excuses then for the I'm not going if it's not in Oldham brigade ? so I expect our crowds to go up a bit ?

15 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

Slight difference that the AJ Bell is still in Salford technically, anyway, the Tameside argument won't be relevant next season (unless the RFL do a major u turn and don't relegate anyone!), when Oldham return to Whitebank we will be back in Oldham. No excuses then for the I'm not going if it's not in Oldham brigade ? so I expect our crowds to go up a bit ?

The not in Oldham brigade turn into the not at whitebank brigade unfortunately 

11 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

Cue excuses - too far from the Town Centre, not leaving my car in Limeside etc etc

Archived