Pop Concert

richie keay

3 hours ago, richie keay said:

Sorry if I appear to be fishing Pete I started the thread in all innocence and was curious to know if the rugby made any cash out of the event, I now know from good sources that our own food/drink outlet's weren't open, just wondering why not as surely this was a missed opportunity when the club are pleading poverty again. Ps the reason I didn't go was I had more important things to do like defleeing the cat. Lol.

Sadly your "good sources" have misinformed you!  

Id be real interested to know the names of these sources. Clearly people who didn't go to the event either. 

Surely u must be able to see my frustration with posts like this! 

Pete Murphy

Commercial Manager

Barrow Raiders RLFC

themurphstar@gmail.com

The outside bar was open as well as a bar on the pitch and the bottle bar over by the score board. The snack bar was open and the queue never let up from  one o'clock until gone seven. How do I know? I manned the outside bar with Murph and four others and we were run off our feet all day. We were so busy that the bottles never had enough time to cool down in the fridges before being sold!

The event itself was a great success with bouncy castles, slides, swings, face painting, magician, bucking bronco, trampolines and tons more stuff for the kids. I thought the 'celeb' singers were awful myself but the crowd seemed to like it.

Hope this helps - Up the Raiders!

Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

Sorry Murph but by not giving a simple straightforward answer to Richie's question you have unwittingly created this "pish".  The new fact stating you were actually working one of the bars means it was so easy to say, yes the club's outlets were open and we did well

5 hours ago, rooster2003 said:

25 replies and 557 views, Forum is up and running again, well done Sir Pete (to be honest myself and The Vet should take the plaudits though, wheres my pal Holty..??)

#banter

Long may the banter continue

#lovefriendlybants

2 hours ago, scrumhalf said:

perhaps pete should let sempur be his spokesperson until his blood pressure comes down.

Usually I can't get a #ucking word in when in Murph's company, he never shuts up!:clapping:

Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

Archived