Todd Carney - to Brisbane?

Lowdesert

5 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

You really are quite an aggressive type aren't you?

With regards to the drivel, you should really check what you have written before you post it.

Wow, the I know you are so what am I approach. That always works. I'm not the one spouting nonsense like "but everyone says NRL players are supermen" as if that needs shooting down. It doesn't because no one actually says or believes that. The only people who write such rubbish are the ones creating strawmen arguments, usually as a vehicle for their anti-Australian attitudes. It's so prevalent over there. Clubs and fans desperate to recruit NRL players but behind their backs they slag them off whenever possible. Like I said, if SL clubs don't want NRL players, don't sign them. And if you do sign unmotivated players who are only going there because they can't play NRL anymore, don't be shocked when they don't perform.

8 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

Yeah but somehow the SL clubs think that having less scrutiny will "relieve the pressure" and make them decent citizens. Plot twist, it won't.

The prosecution would like to present the first exhibit for perusal of the jury... Exhibit A: "Christoper Sandow".

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

AFAIK, Carney was not sacked by Salford. I believe he was told that he hadn't earned a place in IW's plans for next season and was allowed to leave early.

Also, I believe he had a decent spell at Catalans before going 'off the boil'.

Finally, if I were WB and a talented former NRL player said he wanted to play for my team, what would I do? Tell him to sling his hook, throw him straight into the first team or give him a couple of games in the reserves to see if he still had it? Obvious, isn't it?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Archived