28th Sept : The Betfred SL Semi Final 1 : Castleford Tigers v St Helens K.O. 7.45 pm Sky TV

Discuss the Betfred SL Semi Final 1 between Castleford Tigers and St Helens here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I thought, given the importance of these games, it was only right to sneak in an extra day's discussion leading up to them.

I can't wait for this one, sure to be an epic, nervy encounter at the Jungle. 

Can Cas continue their league season form and blow Saints away or will Saints bring their big match play off mentality and keep it close, possibly winning?

I don't think either team will win by many, I reckon it might even be a draw with extra time, however I just think the huge amount of expectation on Cas may weigh heavily on them and Saints could possibly nick it.

Cas 22 Saints 24.

Child added to Saints' squad as reward for not sending Walmsley off last week.

B)

Excited to see what Cas do here - I've said all season if they get a semi at home they'll absolutely thump the opposition but perhaps struggle in the final. Saints are much improved of late, but I'm going to stick my neck on the line and say Cas will still win comfortably. 

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

10 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Gale in the squad, wonder how much of a gamble that is? Fitness test Wed apparently

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/41400913

Noises coming from Cas camp are that he will play.  Back light training apparently going to 'get knocked about' Wednesday to see how he copes. Regardless of Gales fitness I think 17 would have come from that squad anyway with McShane in half's if Gale drops out.

Apparently Chris Green who played for Hull Friday had same opp 3 weeks before that game.  Gale will be 16 days post opp so hopefully won't be an issue for a back (as opposed to a forward like Green).

34 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Noises coming from Cas camp are that he will play.  Back light training apparently going to 'get knocked about' Wednesday to see how he copes. Regardless of Gales fitness I think 17 would have come from that squad anyway with McShane in half's if Gale drops out.

Apparently Chris Green who played for Hull Friday had same opp 3 weeks before that game.  Gale will be 16 days post opp so hopefully won't be an issue for a back (as opposed to a forward like Green).

Great to hear it, I hope he's fine. Normally I'm quite neutral going to the Grand Final, though I tend to lean towards the underdog or a team that hasn't won it before, generally I'm not that bothered I just hope for a good game. This year I really really want Castleford to win the whole thing, preferably playing Hull in the final.

Think, and hope Castleford by 12

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

i think saints will win and go on to win the grand final

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

I just don't see Saints having enough!

I think they've flattered to deceive and will find Cas too hot to handle...

Cas 34 v 16 Saints

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

I sincerely hope Cas win this one (and Hull the other) so we can have a fresh name on the trophy at long last.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Archived