30th Sept : The Kingstone Press Championship Shield Final : Toulouse Olympique v Sheffield Eagles K.O. 2.30pmUK/3.30pm local

Discuss the Kingston Press Championship Shield Final between Toulouse Olympique and Sheffield Eagles here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Head says Tolouse, heart would like Sheffield to take the spoils, they have had it quite rough for a couple of seasons and I would like Mr Aston to get some reward for all his hard work and dedication.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

I bet they'd have given it up in a heartbeat for a place in the middle 8s. It will be tougher next year with Toronto in the mix plus whoever gets relegated from SL.

As for Sheffield, job done in the sense of still existing and not being relegated but the future is far from certain and without Garry Lo I can't see anything other than another fight not to be relegated. Although a restructuring at the end of 2018 may make that irrelevant.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

9 hours ago, GaryO said:

Head says Tolouse, heart would like Sheffield to take the spoils, they have had it quite rough for a couple of seasons and I would like Mr Aston to get some reward for all his hard work and dedication.

Like a modern day Geoff Fletcher?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived