Coaches position advertised

Ginock1

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loyalty,where have you been over the past years.I doubt if anyone could even think that butch is not LOYAL!!!!.I have seen him on the field putting the cones out for training even before jonty and gus were involved with the club again,and i am going back quite a few years Big mac.Sorry mate,i doubt you will find anyone who is has loyal to our club than Craig barker,and long may he continue....?

3 hours ago, BIG MAC said:

wouldn't want butch involved, both Jonty and Gus for me, both have shown loyalty and commitment to the club, also Jonty well respected in the amateur ranks unlike butch, 

I respect your opinion BIG MAC even though i dont agree with it, however i find it hard to see where you're coming from with either of your follow up comments.

Not many people, whether players, coaches, directors, bar staff or volunteers over the last 20 years or more have shown as much loyalty to town as butch. I believe he left last season due to family reasons but has still been regularly seen at DP.

I also find the comment about jonty being well respected in the amateur game unlike butch as either a vendetta or a wind up, hopefully the latter. While i agree jonty is well respected in the amateur game (and rightly so!), what butch done at Elbra was fantastic, ask anyone from them and they will agree that without him they wouldnt have a team. I was at one of butch's first training sessions when they had 5 players, 5 years later they are one of the best cumbrian teams outside the NCL with an exvellent crop of youngsters, a few who will hopefully pull on a town top in future.

I respect that it's your opinion BMac,but surely you cannot say he would be know help to the new coach.I also respect your choice being gus and jonty who have been on the playing staff and now in coaching also,but to say butch is not liked by the players is very far from the truth...

Maybe went a bit fair with the players but he isn't every players cup of tea, that's a fact, and as we all know every coach cant be liked by every player can they, over the last few seasons I've attended about 7 games at both youth and open age levels whilst he has been coaching, from this I will stick by my words, and no vendetta or wind up.

5 minutes ago, Brow lad said:

Lets not forget he was being paid by Ellenborough, like Big Mac said some people will like him some won’t cant see any harm going back to town but maybe LP will bring his own in who knows?

Indeed , maybe for the best if he does and gives some fresh thinking and brings his own coach who he knows and trusts to help him , but can also have a couple of locals who know the set up to provide a bit of continuity , who know and can give them insight into the players . Either way he needs free reign to do as he wants 

25 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Talking about contacts , Donny ( Richard Horne ) have took five players from Hull and one from Hull KR

Signed Ryan Boyle aswell ex cas prop and Liam Harris from Hull KR was on loan at york last year and scored a lot of tries.  Then there's Newcastle signing quality gonna be harder next season 

34 minutes ago, donald said:

Signed Ryan Boyle aswell ex cas prop and Liam Harris from Hull KR was on loan at york last year and scored a lot of tries.  Then there's Newcastle signing quality gonna be harder next season 

I saw they have signed ex leeds , swinton and oldham winger Mo Agoro , big powerful winger with speed who averages 20 try's a season , with a genuine chance for 2 english clubs to go up this coming season before New York come in , teams are really upping the anti .

7 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

I saw they have signed ex leeds , swinton and oldham winger Mo Agoro , big powerful winger with speed who averages 20 try's a season , with a genuine chance for 2 english clubs to go up this coming season before New York come in , teams are really upping the anti .

Gotta feeling theres gonna be a big change in the leagues 2019 and 4 teams might get promoted like what happened a few years bk

4 hours ago, Brow lad said:

Lets not forget he was being paid by Ellenborough, like Big Mac said some people will like him some won’t cant see any harm going back to town but maybe LP will bring his own in who knows?

If LP played with Howarth at Saints he might want him as his assistant. That would work well if gives him instructions mid game. He'd still need a team to help with training though.

3 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

Bradford will be nailed on for me so everyone else going for one place.

3 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

Bradford will be nailed on for me so everyone else going for one place.

not so sure about that Geordie , if home and away is reinstated then no one is going to be unbeaten next season the way donny , york , newcastle are strengthening , haven will be strong again and keighley and oldham , Bradford will be favourites on paper but anyone one of those mentioned can beat them on the day at home .

2 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

not so sure about that Geordie , if home and away is reinstated then no one is going to be unbeaten next season the way donny , york , newcastle are strengthening , haven will be strong again and keighley and oldham , Bradford will be favourites on paper but anyone one of those mentioned can beat them on the day at home .

I don't  think haven will be as strong as last season. Especially if Riley miller amd newton depart. 

1 minute ago, town4me said:

I don't  think haven will be as strong as last season. Especially if Riley miller amd newton depart. 

miller isnt a fullback so no real loss there , infact he was wasted there and should have been on the wing , burns is a better fullback than miller , especially defensive wise , newton can be replaced , he isnt a world beater .

16 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

miller isnt a fullback so no real loss there , infact he was wasted there and should have been on the wing , burns is a better fullback than miller , especially defensive wise , newton can be replaced , he isnt a world beater .

I wouldn't know i rarely see them play other than derbies. 

On 16/10/2017 at 2:36 AM, westizbest said:

Great appointment .. especially as he also seems to be active with shaun lunts new venture ... well done to all the current board :) 

Uncharacteristically cyber silence from Wezbez since this post. I hear he is in a darkened room sucking lemons whilst sticking pins in an effigy of Jamie D for dismantling his prediction. ;-) 

1 hour ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Uncharacteristically cyber silence from Wezbez since this post. I hear he is in a darkened room sucking lemons whilst sticking pins in an effigy of Jamie D for dismantling his prediction. ;-) 

Oh Christ you trawled back a week to find that ? I haven't seen you post at all about it and I usually notice the ###### you post .. your internet been down old boy ?

Archived