Koukash gone from Salford?

Spidey

According to the article a consortium of local business men are going to take over, but seemingly will have to cut costs a bit (ties in with quite a few of their players leaving/being released recently). 

Hopefully he isn't lost from the game. Now I think about it I did hear a rumour at Cas on Friday which I didn't pay much attention to that he was getting involved with Hull KR. Maybe there is some truth in it? 

I honestly can't see a future for Salford if he leaves as the "crowds" are truly woeful for a team that's had a decent season and now there's talk of cost cutting.

Although the article is in The Sun, it's written by Gary Carter who doesn't just make stuff up

There continues to be rumours this season Dr K might turn up at Bradford as he as some links with Chalmers. My opinion is Dr K has had a few chances to take over the Bulls and would have done already if he genuinely wanted to (when we were in a better position too)

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Could just be kite-flying from the Sun, or there could be something in it. If the latter is true, at least he's not dumping the club with no safety net, but handing it over to a group of people prepared to run it, albeit on a tighter budget.

What this alleged consortium have planned for Salford, nobody knows but them, but a consortium means that at least Salford's future is not dependent on a single person's whim.

Dr K saved the club from oblivion and sorted out many of their troubles. That makes him a good guy, whether he stays or goes.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rumours around Leigh, he may team up with his buddy Derek at the LSV, they actually have a great friendship that has developed after a very rocky first contact, and more improtantly their respective wives are very close also, and like all good lads they will do as their told.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Maybe hes' going to be announced as and owner of one of the new NA franchises?

Or they voted for the licensing system which he was against I believe and he's just saying bye bye to RL in the UK entirely.

Or or...he's buying the Manchester Rangers and bringing them into the fold!! Finally gets his Manchester team!!!

2 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Maybe hes' going to be announced as and owner of one of the new NA franchises?

Or they voted for the licensing system which he was against I believe and he's just saying bye bye to RL in the UK entirely.

Or or...he's buying the Manchester Rangers and bringing them into the fold!! Finally gets his Manchester team!!!

Owning a NA franchise I can't see due to his horse racing interests but I'd love to see him get behind the Manchester Rangers.

the seven leavers is old news. Fans have known about most for months.

Koukash announced he has signed off on the new logo, so not sure he would do that if leaving. Maybe he has got some co investors .

Always some rumour or a drama at Salford

If there is anything in it, and he stays in the game, i hope it's with Bradford ( although HKR wouldn't be a bad choice either, They have potential without doubt, but Bradford have proved themselves in the past and with the right man ( with money ) in charge i think they could do it again .

I take the point that he has had chance to get involved before, but i don't think he has as a free agent so to speak. I hope Salford do ok though either way.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

I'd hate for Koukash to leave the game. I think he has done a great job for Salford, indeed without him there would be no Salford. Its also refreshing that we have someone in the game who is not afraid to speak their mind and challenge the RFL.

Also calls out the greed of some of the SL clubs. Seems to generally interested in RL as a whole in the UK vs just keeping his team in the SL at all costs

Rugby League: an activity involving owners, grounds, attendances, locations, and finances (or lack of) - with an element too of tough folk knocking hell out of each other chucking and kicking an oval ball around a park.

:(

Ongoing rumours, of course, but hopefully no truth in it.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

Koukash has his detractors, amazingly even a few Salford fans on social media like to have a go! To his eternal credit he saved the club,brought in Brian Noble and a fair few big names so there is no doubt he only wanted to see a successful Salford.

Sadly for him he probably bought into the wrong club when you take into account the "fan base",arguably Bradford would have been a better choice and still might be, sad day for Salford if he does indeed leave the club!

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

prob just disappear like that awful noel Richard  Edmonds  branston  bloke at London broncos , boys and their toys , eh?

Looking back, and I know it's off topic, how the hell did Branson ever get involved in rugby league?

23 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Looking back, and I know it's off topic, how the hell did Branson ever get involved in rugby league?

Seems bizarre today thinking about it but it was probably the golden era of the broncos when he was involved what with the Wembley appearance, beating Canberra raiders and finishing in the top 5/6 of super league in front of their best ever crowds at the stoop.

1 hour ago, West Leeds Riviera said:

Talk of them and Leigh sharing an academy like city of Hull. Not sure if that's part of the new consortiums plans

It's not the academy, its the reserves team they ard sharing, thats what I know how it will work i haven't the foggiest.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

10 minutes ago, GaryO said:

It's not the academy, its the reserves team they ard sharing, thats what I know how it will work i haven't the foggiest.

I suppose the question is how does the hull one work & will this one be the same ?

Do they have separate academies and the best from both then go on to form the reserve team ?

5 hours ago, Red Willow said:

Koukash announced he has signed off on the new logo, so not sure he would do that if leaving. Maybe he has got some co investors .

Really? I'd have thought if he was leaving, changing the logo from looking like him with devil horns would be the first thing they'd do!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Archived