Great sporting moments

One from me that was a bit different from the above and certainly one in a sport outside my normal comfort zone.  Man Utd's Champion's League win in 1999.  It was proper edge-of-seat stuff and quite probably the best football game I've seen live on TV.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

41 minutes ago, ckn said:

One from me that was a bit different from the above and certainly one in a sport outside my normal comfort zone.  Man Utd's Champion's League win in 1999.  It was proper edge-of-seat stuff and quite probably the best football game I've seen live on TV.

Liverpool's 2005 Champions' League win was maybe more unbelievable and, quite frankly, nuts. I remember watching it and laughing out loud, because it was such an unbelievable comeback. I don't think I was the only person saying to themselves "this can't be happening" at least five times that night.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Liverpool's 2005 Champions' League win was maybe more unbelievable and, quite frankly, nuts. I remember watching it and laughing out loud, because it was such an unbelievable comeback. I don't think I was the only person saying to themselves "this can't be happening" at least five times that night.

I was working in Sicily in 2005; an amazing night with half the town I stayed in hitting the streets post-game to celebrate Milan losing; all Juventus fans! Awesome experience and enjoyed even more actually being a Liverpool fan... must have scared the living daylights of the neighbours everytime we scored!

21 hours ago, Dave T said:

City winning the Premier League a few years back with that Aguero goal was sporting theatre at its very finest. 

Absolutely outstanding stuff.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On TMS they were celebrating the 40th anniversary of this, and Boycott was told that Elvis died three days later.  His response?  "Well at least he won't have missed it!"

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

12 minutes ago, Trojan said:

On TMS they were celebrating the 40th anniversary of this, and Boycott was told that Elvis died three days later.  His response?  "Well at least he won't have missed it!"

This is beautiful

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

15 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Personal No1 - Stan Collymore overhead kick for Bradford vs Leeds.

General No1 (watched) Kelly Holmes winning the double in 2004 Olympics.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

• 3 weeks later...

Archived