England WC shirt farce

Mattrhino

You couldn't make it up if you tried.

You can pre-order the WC jersey now with a deposit of 47 quid. The only problem is that you will have to wait 33 days for it. The release date is 31/10/17

World cup starts on the 27/10/17 

Is the RFL so incompetent or is it some sort of running joke they play on the fans.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mattrhino said:

You can pre-order the WC jersey now with a deposit of 47 quid. The only problem is that you will have to wait 33 days for it. The release date is 31/10/17

Is the RFL so incompetent or is it some sort of running joke they play on the fans.

Where is that guy who posted on here who was responsible for the England merchandise?

Sacked maybe?

19 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

Don't be so harsh Matt, they have only had 4 years preperation time to make sure all the i's are dotted and all the t's are crossed, there is just no pleasing some folk. 

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

1 minute ago, GaryO said:

Don't be so harsh Matt, they have only had 4 years preperation time to make sure all the i's are dotted and all the t's are crossed, there is just no pleasing some folk. 

It does sound a bit liike you're one of those folks, don't you think? The opening post has been comprehensivly rebutted. Isn't that enough? 

1 minute ago, JohnM said:

It does sound a bit liike you're one of those folks, don't you think? The opening post has been comprehensivly rebutted. Isn't that enough? 

Read it, pressed the quote button, somebody at the door, wrpte it came back and posted. Sorry great Piemaster, I will strive to do better in the future.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

13 minutes ago, philipw said:

I was going by the official site linked on the RFL website. Did not know it was available on Lovell.

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

We are talking the official England RL shop here. Down Under Leisure is something completely different - a private store. Anyone looking for England RL gear from outside the heartlands will go to the official shop.

We have an official shop now, when did that happen? I thought we outsourced it to some 2 bob company

Just now, DoubleD said:

We have an official shop now, when did that happen? I thought we outsourced it to some 2 bob company

Well the official shop (linked from the official site) is the two bob company who can't even get England shirts in time for the World Cup. Despite launching them in May and only having around 8 products. Says it all really.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, JohnM said:

In fact, you can't pre order the shirt, or anything else for that matter. You can either order one or you can't. Pre-order is a nonsense word. It deserves a rsnt thread all its own.. HTH. ?

Well said, JohnM.  I have seen sports players said to be suffering from a "pre-existing" injury.  In other words, an old injury recurred!  The use of 'pre' before words has become, dare I say it, preposterous!

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Still just a short of £60. Still seems a bit pricey to me, replicas usually £40-£50 aren't they?

Just short of £64 at lovells but both are in stock ready to ship whereas out of stock everywhere else!

Sounds like the RFL had ordered a certain amount  for retailers, ie lovell / Down Under, when the kit was launched, but dropped the ball so to speak on when to order more in time for the World Cup. Surprisingly poor planning from the commercial dept. at the RFL. As I'm sure they would be aware of lead times etc on the kits.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

2 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Sounds like the RFL had ordered a certain amount  for retailers, ie lovell / Down Under, when the kit was launched, but dropped the ball so to speak on when to order more in time for the World Cup. Surprisingly poor planning from the commercial dept. at the RFL. As I'm sure they would be aware of lead times etc on the kits.

Why would the RFL order for retailers. Surely it'd be the other way round?

I think the issue is more with the RFL's suppliers BLk

Archived