England WC shirt farce

Mattrhino

I would have thought the RFL will purchase from BLK as they are the customer, and supply/re-sell to the retailers, depending on the deal they have with BLK. Or BLK have produced a minimum order originally, sold out, and not produced more initially. 

Id be surprised if an Australian company would produce 5-10,000 jerseys without any financial commitment from the RFL to purchase.

If if there's a minimum order on the  kits, which is likely, maybe BLK aren't prepared to order more until they are certain they will sell them.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, JohnM said:

So let me get this right. Shirts ARE available but they are rubbish. 

Well if you go to the official shop they are not available.

If you find other shops that dont appear on the first page of a google search you may be able to pay over the odds.

Its really a joke.

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

If you find other shops that dont appear on the first page of a google search you may be able to pay over the odds.

Its really a joke.

So first off people said not available 

Then we had 3 places that had them online 

Then people say they are rubbish and that is a load of tosh

Now we have people saying they are over priced when they are inline with most other international teams

Whats next !!!

I would have our kit like the centenary strip we played the aussies in a few years back dark socks with a white top white shorts and just a plain white shirt it looks classy. England shirts with just white and red remind of that 2007 Union WC strip which was tonk.

1 minute ago, Dmac said:

Now we have people saying they are over priced when they are inline with most other international teams

Whats next !!!

Well if they're not available at the official store, which is where most people would look, then it is rubbish 

16 hours ago, JohnM said:

In fact, you can't pre order the shirt, or anything else for that matter. You can either order one or you can't. Pre-order is a nonsense word. It deserves a rant thread all its own.. HTH. ?

I almost agree.

I can go to a McDonalds and order fries.  They will be delivered to me straight away.

If I order them before I want them, then that is now know as pre-ordering.  Though, if I tried to order some fries for tomorrow, they might find it strange.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

14 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

I almost agree.

I can go to a McDonalds and order fries.  They will be delivered to me straight away.

If I order them before I want them, then that is now know as pre-ordering.  Though, if I tried to order some fries for tomorrow, they might find it strange.

Why would a grown man go to McDonalds?

rldfsignature.jpg

15 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Why would a grown man go to McDonalds?

To show off his England replica shirt.  Otherwise, it would be topic drift.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

7 hours ago, Dmac said:

Whats next !!!

The complaint is about buying from the RFL. The fact that a small shop in Wigan has Small and XL shirts and an online shop many wont have heard of have some at a premium price does not make it acceptable.

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

The complaint is about buying from the RFL. The fact that a small shop in Wigan has Small and XL shirts and an online shop many wont have heard of have some at a premium price does not make it acceptable.

Thats a womans trick changing the parameters of the discussion

The original post was complaining that  stock wont be available till after the start of the RWC

Several posters now have said stock is available now and  where to go

10 hours ago, Dave T said:

Its really a joke.

Guess what? Theyr'e on the first page of a google search too.....

https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=england+rugby+league+jersey&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=nwzOWarQCufGXu7FmiA

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

You say that, but its probably actually the UKs largest football and rugby online presence

10 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Well if they're not available at the official store, which is where most people would look, then it is rubbish 

Does everyone always buy stuff from the 'official store'? If you bought a United shirt, for example, would you go to Old Trafford/online, or just go to the most appropriate (price/location/whatever) retailer?

8 minutes ago, philipw said:

Does everyone always buy stuff from the 'official store'? If you bought a United shirt, for example, would you go to Old Trafford/online, or just go to the most appropriate (price/location/whatever) retailer?

If you casually google 'england rugby league shirt' the first link takes you to the official store which says its coming out at the end of October.  I guess it depends how much you want that shirt whether you'll keep on looking.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

You can get some women's sizes on the official store ... they should do what John Lewis do and remove gender reference on items and then everyone could buy one ???

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

1 hour ago, Dmac said:

Thats a womans trick changing the parameters of the discussion

The original post was complaining that  stock wont be available till after the start of the RWC

Several posters now have said stock is available now and  where to go

1 hour ago, philipw said:

58 minutes ago, philipw said:

You say that, but its probably actually the UKs largest football and rugby online presence

57 minutes ago, philipw said:

Of course we can keep making excuses for the RFL, or we could hold them to the standards that they should be.

A quick search for Football, Rugby Union and Cricket shirts shows that all of their official stores have shirts and other merchandise available on really professional sites. They also have their merchandise available in an abundance of third party stores.

The fact that the RFL are not selling England shirts through their store in advance of the World Cup is not good enough.

Archived