England WC shirt farce

Mattrhino

What issue do you have with Hummel ML?..

Any experience with working with them?

Pretty sure North Queensland used to wear Hummel not too long ago. I think i might be happier with Hummel than XBlades and O'Neill TBH. Decent history within sport. Have never actually ever owned any Hummel product, so not sure about quality.

Not the big name i would have hoped for, not that i actually thought a big name would be in the frame, but interesting all the same. If they are contenders.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Monkey Lover said:

I was thinking more along the lines of the fact they have not made a Professional teams Rugby kit for years, if ever, which was backed up by the fact the RFL announced it today with a picture of the Danish Football team!!

Worked with them for a couple of years and stopped due to high prices for what was fairly average gear. 

The RFL spoke to ISC, Canterbury, X-Blades and errea yet come up with Hummel. If you think that is a good move then fair play, I think it smacks of something else which was the response of the Chairmen I have spoken to today at the meeting. 

To be fair, it any new kit becomes half as much of a classic as these then they wont go far wrong

1.jpg

2.jpg

2 hours ago, Monkey Lover said:

I was thinking more along the lines of the fact they have not made a Professional teams Rugby kit for years, if ever, which was backed up by the fact the RFL announced it today with a picture of the Danish Football team!!

Worked with them for a couple of years and stopped due to high prices for what was fairly average gear. 

The RFL spoke to ISC, Canterbury, X-Blades and errea yet come up with Hummel. If you think that is a good move then fair play, I think it smacks of something else which was the response of the Chairmen I have spoken to today at the meeting. 

Perhaps they’re keen to get back in the rugby market and therefore have offered the RFL the best deal for what would be a flagship partner for them? 

Or we could just write it off as another useless RFL decision without knowing the facts

Well the BLK deal was no doubt more about money than anything else. And they proved the old adage of "you pay peanuts, you Get Monkeys"..

No doubt this Hummel deal will be similarly down to finance more than anything else.

ISC and Canterbury are by far the best two rugby brands out there, and if the RFL have spoken to both, then it can only be about money as both have a proven quality.

i don't think any inactivity by Hummel in Rugby League since North Queensland Cowboys is too much to worry about, any lack of relevant knowledge is easily overcome.

A strange and surprising choice, true, but who knows. 

An all white jersey with Hummel red chevron details on the arms could be a popular jersey!

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

6 hours ago, Monkey Lover said:

I know the facts and like many decisions made by the baffoon in charge it boils down to how much cash is in it for the RFL and not about the service that comes from it.

There is an reason England Rugby Union chose a proper rugby brand. 

but do we know that they have offered a poor service or have they promised, with proof from other sports, that their service is actually ok?

Hummell are pretty big on the continent for sports like Handball etc so they must be dong something right and this could transfer across if they are serious about giving it a go. 

He is a Baffoon but that doesnt mean all his choices are poor, he may well luck into one at some point!

(I have no idea, it is a genuine question for someone more in the know). 

Archived