England WC shirt farce

Mattrhino

6 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Eh? Lovell rugby is one of the biggest stash sites going!

A quick search presented me with the following sponsored links: Lovell Rugby with an image of last year's shirt, UK Soccer Shop with the shirt from the year earlier, same from Teamzo, and then some RU stuff. The unpaid links give me Lovell (why would I click as they are showing me last year's shirt?), then rugbystore.co.uk (no availibility) and the official store - which suggests this is only being launched in 32 days.

It shouldn't be any effort in the slightest and it isn't for other sports. 

Lovell may have some decent stuff, but paying an almost 30% premium seems excessive to me.

I also have no idea what shirt Scotland will be wearing never mind being able to buy WC gear. 

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dave T said:

A quick search presented me with the following sponsored links: Lovell Rugby with an image of last year's shirt, UK Soccer Shop with the shirt from the year earlier, same from Teamzo, and then some RU stuff. The unpaid links give me Lovell (why would I click as they are showing me last year's shirt?), then rugbystore.co.uk (no availibility) and the official store - which suggests this is only being launched in 32 days.

Lovell may have some decent stuff, but paying an almost 30% premium seems excessive to me.

I also have no idea what shirt Scotland will be wearing never mind being able to buy WC gear. 

Any England mugs about? :ph34r: Or will someone be sending me a link to vistaprint and calling me out for moaning?

6 hours ago, Dave T said:

Of course we can keep making excuses for the RFL, or we could hold them to the standards that they should be.

A quick search for Football, Rugby Union and Cricket shirts shows that all of their official stores have shirts and other merchandise available on really professional sites. They also have their merchandise available in an abundance of third party stores.

The fact that the RFL are not selling England shirts through their store in advance of the World Cup is not good enough.

Its not the RFL - BLK are the ones contracted to do so. I know people want to continually berate the RFL, and they often  make an easy target, but seriously, if people want to blame them for stuff like this, then I am not sure what more they can do....

2 minutes ago, philipw said:

Its not the REFL - BLK are the ones contracted to do so. I know people want to continually berate the RFL, and they often  make an easy target, but seriously, if people want to blame them for stuff like this, then I am not sure what more they can do....

You don't think this is the RFL's responsibility?

24 minutes ago, philipw said:

Its not the REFL - BLK are the ones contracted to do so. I know people want to continually berate the RFL, and they often  make an easy target, but seriously, if people want to blame them for stuff like this, then I am not sure what more they can do....

FFS the RFL used to run an in-house England merchandising operation (including mugs!) and our now outsourcing to this sham of a set-up. Who made that decision? How is that not a RFL balls up?

In my view it's even more embarrassing that the official store doesn't have any available, but other rugby outlets do. If they'd had a mad rush after England successfully defeating the Aussies in a packed World Cup final, then you could understand but alas that is not even the case...........

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

I take your point absolutely about the England gear mate. Its ######, the range of merch is ###### and the website selling it is ######.

I was just surprised you'd never heard of Lovell Rugby, they're massive! :D 

11 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

I take your point absolutely about the England gear mate. Its ######, the range of merch is ###### and the website selling it is ######.

I was just surprised you'd never heard of Lovell Rugby, they're massive! :D 

From memory, I don't *think* I said I hadn't heard of Lovell. I've heard of them, although I've never used them.

17 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Blimey, is 'crab' with a p considered a swear?! :ph34r:

Sorry, Gav, but, yes, some of us do find 'prab' offensive!

4 hours ago, Scubby said:

FFS the RFL used to run an in-house England merchandising operation (including mugs!) and our now outsourcing to this sham of a set-up. Who made that decision? How is that not a RFL balls up?

The end product MAY be a balls up, but given the BLK are (were) a decent sized multinational sports company, However I don't think for one second that when the RFL went with them, they thought "I reckon this mob will be ######, lets choose them"

15 minutes ago, philipw said:

The end product MAY be a balls up, but given the BLK are (were) a decent sized multinational sports company, However I don't think for one second that when the RFL went with them, they thought "I reckon this mob will be ######, lets choose them"

I'm sure they were asking BLK sensible questions like can we have Sam Burgess duvet covers for kids, clocks or mugs or golf umbrellas or whatever?

Or did they did want bare minimum (shirts, a few polos, singlets and hoodies) and were looking to spend peanuts. If you spend peanuts.......

17 minutes ago, philipw said:

No. They probably offered x, y & z to the RFL. But on the face of things have failed miserably

What we won't be privy too is if The RFL are kicking BLK's ###### about it. 

Replica Jerseys & Team Wear should be readily available to anybody who wants to buy some this close to the World Cup. Especially to those makig the trip out there. It shouldn't be hard at all

18 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I'm sure they were asking BLK sensible questions like can we have Sam Burgess duvet covers for kids, clocks or mugs or golf umbrellas or whatever?

Or did they did want bare minimum (shirts, a few polos, singlets and hoodies) and were looking to spend peanuts. If you spend peanuts.......

Probably not, because that not what BLK make/produce/provide, just like the last kit manufacturers ISC, or Puma before them, or Classic - in fact I am pretty sure even Umbro didn't offer that when GB were close to beating the Aussies; but hey, don't let those facts get in the way of you wanting a mug ;-)

15 minutes ago, Spidey said:

No. They probably offered x, y & z to the RFL. But on the face of things have failed miserably

What we won't be privy too is if The RFL are kicking BLK's ###### about it. 

Replica Jerseys & Team Wear should be readily available to anybody who wants to buy some this close to the World Cup. Especially to those makig the trip out there. It shouldn't be hard at all

Indeed - if a company states they can provide x,y and z, with no evidence to the contrary, you have to take them at their word. Personally, when the Australian arm went bust, leaving the Gold Coast Titans in the lurch at the start off this season, I would have found a way to get out of the contract, but I am not privy to any information whether the RFL tried to do so. 

46 minutes ago, philipw said:

Indeed - if a company states they can provide x,y and z, with no evidence to the contrary, you have to take them at their word. Personally, when the Australian arm went bust, leaving the Gold Coast Titans in the lurch at the start off this season, I would have found a way to get out of the contract, but I am not privy to any information whether the RFL tried to do so. 

As has been pointed out, there are shirts out there. That BLK and the RFLs official shop doesnt have any is an eff up.

I agree BLK want shafting, but that doesbt absolve the rfl of accountability in the slightest.

7 hours ago, philipw said:

In what way are they responsible? That neither make, hold or distribute the stock.

Who is ultimately responsible for this area? It's not me or you. Its not the RFU, or the FA. Its the RFL. I accept that they have clearly been let down by a supplier but they sign the deals and the presence of merchandise and availibility has been dwindling for years now - probably in line with the rarity of England home games.

Now we are in this situation, how have the RFL responded? Have they communicated to customers and fans and explained the issue for the shortage and maybe provided a link to where there is availibility?

Nah, they have said sod all again.

The buck stops at the RFL without question.

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

Who is ultimately responsible for this area? It's not me or you. Its not the RFU, or the FA. Its the RFL. I accept that they have clearly been let down by a supplier but they sign the deals and the presence of merchandise and availibility has been dwindling for years now - probably in line with the rarity of England home games.

Now we are in this situation, how have the RFL responded? Have they communicated to customers and fans and explained the issue for the shortage and maybe provided a link to where there is availibility?

Nah, they have said sod all again.

The buck stops at the RFL without question.

Cheers Dave mate. I couldn't have put it better myself. I been quite busy the last few days and unable to post - you have hit the spot here. 

When Lebanon RL has a better offering than England RL it is a sad day http://lebanonrl.com/products/

Although they too don't have mugs! FFS does no one drink tea anymore?

15 hours ago, philipw said:

Probably not, because that not what BLK make/produce/provide, just like the last kit manufacturers ISC, or Puma before them, or Classic - in fact I am pretty sure even Umbro didn't offer that when GB were close to beating the Aussies; but hey, don't let those facts get in the way of you wanting a mug ;-)

Yes I want a ####### mug! I bought one 9 years ago from the official England shop alongside other non-clothing merchandise items - so they did do it. It is stone cold lazy when England RL is a collective market and can't be arsed. If a club like Featherstone can offer a full range of gear and merchandise to a relatively small market then why can't England? It is shameful. Look at this!

mug.jpg

Archived