Post-Season Update 2

gogledd

Today and yesterday we dismantled the 'Fat Boar' marquee - our hospitality area.

It probably wasn't a good idea to start yesterday as we ended up soaked and all the PVC sheeting was put away wet. Today was fine weather so the frame was dismantled ny the 4-strong team and we took out the wet sheeting, dried it, folded it and packed it away into storage.

While we were at Queensway the pitch was being treated to a layer of sand ready for the new season - it really feels like closed-season now!

End of Sason Awards Event.

The 2018 EOSA event is scheduled for 21st October, and will be the EoSA event for the League 1 team, the U-18s and the Wheelchair team. Tickets are only £15 per head so should be affordabe to players, family, friends and  fans. Its will be held in Gwersyllt and should be a great night with awards, DJ and disco.  See the Club website for details

Typically I will be away - but this year its Australia, PNG and Z for the Rugby League World Cup. 

#AchieveTogether

On 28/09/2017 at 4:57 PM, gogledd said:

Today and yesterday we dismantled the 'Fat Boar' marquee - our hospitality area.

It probably wasn't a good idea to start yesterday as we ended up soaked and all the PVC sheeting was put away wet. Today was fine weather so the frame was dismantled ny the 4-strong team and we took out the wet sheeting, dried it, folded it and packed it away into storage.

While we were at Queensway the pitch was being treated to a layer of sand ready for the new season - it really feels like closed-season now!

End of Sason Awards Event.

The 2018 EOSA event is scheduled for 21st October, and will be the EoSA event for the League 1 team, the U-18s and the Wheelchair team. Tickets are only £15 per head so should be affordabe to players, family, friends and  fans. Its will be held in Gwersyllt and should be a great night with awards, DJ and disco.  See the Club website for details

Typically I will be away - but this year its Australia, PNG and Z for the Rugby League World Cup. 

#AchieveTogether

It's lovely to read that fans have got involved in packing away your marquee for the winter.That's what I call community and that's why I love this sport and that what sets it apart from others. We care!.Well done to all involved.

21 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

It's lovely to read that fans have got involved in packing away your marquee for the winter.That's what I call community and that's why I love this sport and that what sets it apart from others. We care!.Well done to all involved.

We've had a team of about 20 fans volunteering each home game to set up the stadium (post pads, flags, set up gazebos, set up the bar) then staff the turnstiles, sell programs and draw tickets, staff the bar and hospitality marquee, operate the scoreboard and be the timekeeper - then put everything away again! We've entitled them TeamCru and they are a massive asset to the club!

1 minute ago, gogledd said:

We've had a team of about 20 fans volunteering each home game to set up the stadium (post pads, flags, set up gazebos, set up the bar) then staff the turnstiles, sell programs and draw tickets, staff the bar and hospitality marquee, operate the scoreboard and be the timekeeper - then put everything away again! We've entitled them TeamCru and they are a massive asset to the club!

It's when I read things like this it restores my faith in humanity. I myself volunteer some of my free time with the scouts. My son used to go before he became too old for it.It gives kids opportunity's to do things they wouldn't normally do whilst building character and confidence. Volunteering for any cause you believe in and enjoy is very satisfying and I'd encourage anyone to do it.

7 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

It's when I read things like this it restores my faith in humanity. I myself volunteer some of my free time with the scouts. My son used to go before he became too old for it.It gives kids opportunity's to do things they wouldn't normally do whilst building character and confidence. Volunteering for any cause you believe in and enjoy is very satisfying and I'd encourage anyone to do it.

We actually had one young lad ( and his dad) who signed up for TeamCru for the season and used the experience to do his Duke of Edinburgh Award - we gave him several different roles including handling money; the only think he didn't do was work on the bar as he was too young. He was a brilliant young man and I hope he enjoyed the experience and will return as a rugby league fan.

Only managed to get to half the home games due to work commitments, but taking part in Team Cru has made the games I have attended even more enjoyable and feel more involved, to actually be part of the club. I only live a mile from the ground, and turned up to the last game against Oxford at 11:30 thinking I would be the first person there, only to find the place was a hive of activity and everything was already set up!

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

2 hours ago, gogledd said:

We actually had one young lad ( and his dad) who signed up for TeamCru for the season and used the experience to do his Duke of Edinburgh Award - we gave him several different roles including handling money; the only think he didn't do was work on the bar as he was too young. He was a brilliant young man and I hope he enjoyed the experience and will return as a rugby league fan.

1 hour ago, fearnowt said:

Only managed to get to half the home games due to work commitments, but taking part in Team Cru has made the games I have attended even more enjoyable and feel more involved, to actually be part of the club. I only live a mile from the ground, and turned up to the last game against Oxford at 11:30 thinking I would be the first person there, only to find the place was a hive of activity and everything was already set up!

These posts are the best things I've read on hear in ages.Keep up the good work guys.Absolutely fantastic. And all the very best to your DofE candidate, I hope they enjoyed their time at the club.

Archived