Rugby League World - Feedback Thread

The latest unmissable issue of Rugby League World magazine is out now! Here's a summary of what's inside and where to get your copy.

rlw_oct2017.jpg

Our Time Machine takes a trip back to 1998 to re-live the inaugural Super League Grand Final in the company of Lee Gilmour, who was on the winning side with Wigan that memorable night.
We discover what former Bradford Bulls star and Harry Sunderland Trophy winner Michael Withers is up to these days, plus take a look back at his success-laden career at Odsal.
With a fantastic Challenge Cup final still fresh in the memory, we re-live Hull FC's thrilling victory at Wembley in a photo-special, plus Lance Todd Trophy winner Marc Sneyd talks to us about his career.
It's 100 years since the October Revolution in Russia, which has prompted Nigel Wiskar to take a random look at some of the other revolutions that have occurred in Rugby League, not least that little local difficulty in 1895 over broken-time...
Wheldon Road, Castleford is the subject of our latest Sacred Grounds feature.
Leigh's Harrison Hansen talks to us about following in his dad's footsteps as a professional Rugby League player.
We conclude our two-part interview with Wakefield chairman Michael Carter who offers a revealing insight into his four years in charge at Trinity.
Former Catalans Dragons and Bradford Bulls star Leon Pryce offers an insider's view on what's gone wrong for both his former clubs.
Hull KR coach Tim Sheens reviews a promotion-winning season with the Robins.
Saints' bionic man Zeb Taia explains how revolutionary neck surgery saved his career, meanwhile Widnes Vikings prop Eamon O'Carroll talks about the injuries that have forced him to hang up his boots.
Danny McGuire and Luke Gale both started out at Leeds Academy but their career paths took very different turns. We chat to both players about their early days and how they got to where they are today.
Delving back into the archives, we discover Rugby League's most pointless trophy played for only once in 1964-65 and almost completely forgotten about now, even by the team that won it.
Life in the Championship can be tough. The CEO's of Batley Bulldogs and Rochdale Hornets explain the particular challenges of running a club in the second tier.
Home is where the heart is, and we take a look at the tumultuous times experienced by Oldham and Swinton since they lost their traditional home grounds.
York City Knights coach James Ford talks to us about how the club has turned its fortunes around this season.
Gloucestershire All Golds hooker Steve Parry talks to us about his life off the field as a firefighter.
Reagan Walker lost her brother Leon in tragic circumstances in 2009, but it has inspired her to achieve success in her own Rugby League career. She talks to us about her journey.
Stanningley's Oliver Hill is this month's young Rising Star, in association with HQ9.
We pay a visit to Bath to discover how Rugby League is putting down new roots in the rugby union mad city.
As the NRL season reaches its climax, we take a look back at the season in Australia and pick out the good, the bad and the ugly.
Jamaica hosted its first home international in the capital, Kingston, last month. We chat to some of those involved in the historic event.
All this, plus our regular features on France and Wales and a very special Letter from Toronto, make up an action-packed issue that will appeal to Rugby League fans everywhere.

In shops across the UK from Friday 29th September, grab your copy now or download the digital edition at www.totalrl.com/rlw
Also available by post and on subscription from http://www.totalrl.com/shop

Rugby League World magazine is published every month, available on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @rlworld / Instagram @rlworld / Threads @rlworld
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/rugbyleagueworld

15 hours ago, Charlie RL said:

Looks good.  Where's my copy?  I've taken an annual subscription having enjoyed a Fab Four previously.

Subscriber copies were posted out earlier this week.

If yours still hasn't arrived, PM me with your postcode and I'll check on the system if there are any problems with despatch and send a replacement copy if necessary.

On 30/09/2017 at 11:07 AM, John Drake said:

Subscriber copies were posted out earlier this week.

If yours still hasn't arrived, PM me with your postcode and I'll check on the system if there are any problems with despatch and send a replacement copy if necessary.

I still have not had my copy. I'll give it until tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Im struggling to "get" it. What is it?

Humour.

Always a risky business! ;)

Previous instalments, which may (or may not) help new readers of the South Atlantic Emails, can be found online starting here.

http://www.totalrl.com/a-day-in-the-life/

Just finishing putting the next issue together at the moment.

Goes on sale next Friday 27th October with some cracking World Cup themed content to keep you entertained in between the games we're all going to be glued to for the next month!

Don't miss, etc...

Magazine imo is excellent.

Get your requests for what you would like it to include. 

I requested a where are they now? and this  is now a regular feature.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Whats the difference in League express and RL World? Are all divisions covered in there in depth or mostly SL? I'm looking for general RL information but will be selfish and want to know whats going on around my Wolfpack and the Championship.

13 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Whats the difference in League express and RL World? Are all divisions covered in there in depth or mostly SL? I'm looking for general RL information but will be selfish and want to know whats going on around my Wolfpack and the Championship.

They each seem to go for a slightly different angle.

League Express is a weekly newspaper mainly focused on RL breaking stories, match reports, tables etc.

RL World is a monthly magazine which seems to focus on more in depth interviews with players, coaching staff, features on issues affecting the game, retrospectives on classic games, teams etc.

If you can stretch to it I would try both!

2 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

They each seem to go for a slightly different angle.

League Express is a weekly newspaper mainly focused on RL breaking stories, match reports, tables etc.

RL World is a monthly magazine which seems to focus on more in depth interviews with players, coaching staff features on issues affecting the game, retrospectives on classic games, teams etc.

If you can stretch to it I would try both!

Thanks for the insight.

16 hours ago, John Drake said:

Humour.

Always a risky business! ;)

Previous instalments, which may (or may not) help new readers of the South Atlantic Emails, can be found online starting here.

http://www.totalrl.com/a-day-in-the-life/

Perhaps that's it. It's a running in-joke I haven't got due to me allowing my sub to lapse before starting again this issue.

6 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Perhaps that's it. It's a running in-joke I haven't got due to me allowing my sub to lapse before starting again this issue.

It's why we decided to put past instalments of South Atlantic Emails online (though we forgot to mention this and include the link in the current issue, oops) so anyone who joins the story halfway through can catch up on it if they want, rather than scratching their heads wondering if we've all gone mad at RLW Towers. ;)

Welcome back as a subscriber, by the way! Thanks for renewing.

19 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

League Express focuses primarily on match reports and news, covering Super League, Championship and League 1, plus NRL and grassroots, so Toronto Wolfpack will be in there pretty much every week.

Rugby League World doesn't have match reports or news, but runs more in depth features and interviews covering all angles of the sport, from grassroots all the way up to international. The mag has had Toronto Wolfpack coach Paul Rowley as a regular guest columnist throughout the past season, and we've run several other features on the club both before and since it began playing.

Our company publishes both titles, and we aim to make sure we don't duplicate any content, so readers can buy both without reading the same stuff twice.

I'm the current editor of Rugby League World, so if you do decide to try a copy - or even a subscription - I'm always interested to receive feedback, hence a thread on here like this one, which I tend to post up for every issue, so do let me know your thoughts.

The online editions of each title (which are identical to the print editions, just published a little sooner) are available on multiple platforms including PC/Mac desktop, Apple, Android, Windows and some Kindle devices. Full details at www.totalrl.com/le for League Express and www.totalrl.com/rlw for Rugby League World.

The vast majority of the content in both titles is exclusive to the print/online editions and is not published on the internet.

Thanks for your interest!

Archived