Leigh and seagulls

9' oller

Now we know that spondulas and sugar daddies don't always buy success.

Leigh gave it a good go but we've now to endure their cries of the "8's break hearts and families. Also their arrogance back in our league for another 12 months.

A plus is keeping Catalans in super league, avoiding more French trips and beaumonts Leigh bring a few on game days.

Sheffield got a well predicted thumping and I for one don't envy them or their fans.

Enjoy the rest Batley and good luck with agents/ players egos although the right players egos may be worth tolerating over bargain buy squad fillers

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Ooohhhhh errrrrr. 

Well done Sheffield on making it to Toulouse today,  must have cost a fair few bob that couldn't be spared. More then delighted with the result.

Also delighted with the MPG outcome, with Leigh being spawn of bombastic fans, players, officials/coaching team and bloody stewards! 

Some may suggest I'm envious of afore mentioned clubs, but they couldn't be further from the truth. I've come across some right nasty pieces of work on and off the pitch for Leigh and Sheffield and will gladly sink a few pots to celebrate their defeats today! Batley are firm favourites in away games soft spots for the opposition, for decent rugby fans. These two clubs will be the bottom for most. Can't think why...

12 hours ago, doggystyle said:

Ooohhhhh errrrrr. 

Well done Sheffield on making it to Toulouse today,  must have cost a fair few bob that couldn't be spared. More then delighted with the result.

Also delighted with the MPG outcome, with Leigh being spawn of bombastic fans, players, officials/coaching team and bloody stewards! 

Some may suggest I'm envious of afore mentioned clubs, but they couldn't be further from the truth. I've come across some right nasty pieces of work on and off the pitch for Leigh and Sheffield and will gladly sink a few pots to celebrate their defeats today! Batley are firm favourites in away games soft spots for the opposition, for decent rugby fans. These two clubs will be the bottom for most. Can't think why...

It must be because you are all such lovely people. :P

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

It must be because you are all such lovely people. :P

thank you :giveheart:

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

I must be the odd man out: I don't decry Leigh's success in 2016, as I don't decry HKR theirs in 2017. There was loads of jealousy around at Leigh making it yet I can't see why (great stuff, we tagged 'em first up!!). They were head and shoulders above any other team, and why moan at them having all that lovely money thrown at them, every other club in the division would have loved to have half of the amount. From the RFL side (and championship clubs' side) they didn't want Catalans to go down as it would have classed as a failure in RFL planning and yet another financial burden on clubs, but that's not the point. We are currently labouring under a system drawn up primarily between the RFL and Super League which was put in place, a bit like the Brexit vote, because the instigators thought they couldn't fail in their objectives. In the RFL case, the objective was to run a system whereby it was unimaginable that an upstart Championship side would dare to beat some of the SL's finest and actually win a place at the top table. That it has happened twice in the first 2 seasons has really upset the apple cart, and you can bet that by 2019 another super duper system will be introduced to put an end to the temerity of the Championship in thinking that 'yes, there is something to play for'. Whether it be a re-introduction of franchising, under a new guise to try and hide the fact, or whatever, it will be tilted towards the top 12, 13 or 14 financially sound clubs, which will, as it always did, prop up the same dead ducks season after season without fear of repercussion.  

Just now, phildog said:

I must be the odd man out: I don't decry Leigh's success in 2016, as I don't decry HKR theirs in 2017. There was loads of jealousy around at Leigh making it yet I can't see why (great stuff, we tagged 'em first up!!). They were head and shoulders above any other team, and why moan at them having all that lovely money thrown at them, every other club in the division would have loved to have half of the amount. From the RFL side (and championship clubs' side) they didn't want Catalans to go down as it would have classed as a failure in RFL planning and yet another financial burden on clubs, but that's not the point. We are currently labouring under a system drawn up primarily between the RFL and Super League which was put in place, a bit like the Brexit vote, because the instigators thought they couldn't fail in their objectives. In the RFL case, the objective was to run a system whereby it was unimaginable that an upstart Championship side would dare to beat some of the SL's finest and actually win a place at the top table. That it has happened twice in the first 2 seasons has really upset the apple cart, and you can bet that by 2019 another super duper system will be introduced to put an end to the temerity of the Championship in thinking that 'yes, there is something to play for'. Whether it be a re-introduction of franchising, under a new guise to try and hide the fact, or whatever, it will be tilted towards the top 12, 13 or 14 financially sound clubs, which will, as it always did, prop up the same dead ducks season after season without fear of repercussion.  

What viable alternative would you propose?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

20 hours ago, doggystyle said:

Ooohhhhh errrrrr. 

Are you able to back this up with any facts?

If not I suggest you desist from unfounded statements regarding the Sheffield players and supporters.

Bitter and twisted would be my diagnosis.

hawk-eye.gif

I suppose those two Sheffield "ladies" who attacked a Batley fan spring to my mind!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

17 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

I suppose those two Sheffield "ladies" who attacked a Batley fan spring to my mind!

We don't want to know what ladies spring to your mind, thank you very much.

3 Fans.....and a moderator.......( obviously to keep those 3 in line....and make posts to himself )

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Dr Hawk-eye is all butt hurt and willingly throws their opinion about.

What facts do you require about my opinion of some players and followers of your beloved club and Leigh? 

Do I need a transcript and time/date of every incident I deem to be worse than from folk from other clubs? 

Go away and drown in happiness that you finished one spot above us and that Tubby didn't have a coronary after all that bleeting ?

9 hours ago, Tony F said:

To be honest, I am a little jealous of Sheffield. They've significantly outperformed us over the last decade, despite seemingly having none of the off-field advantages that we have over them as a club. 

The Yere factor has a lot to do with it IMO. Time he buggared off home, and gave us all a break.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

5 minutes ago, Fishmonger said:

See you next year on the 3G pitch.

Yeah I think we'll all be stood on it watching! And are you sure it's proper 3G or that stuff that Mike's carpets sells for £1 square metre?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

12 hours ago, Fishmonger said:

So Sheffield will be playing at the Olympic Park next season - despite the tales of woe that a number of Batley supporters were spouting at the semi-final. See you next year on the 3G pitch.

You should be called the Sheffield Travellers or Nomads or some such thing.  

I think that the resilience that the Eagles have shown in the face of adversity is remarkable.  Good luck with your new ground.

On 01/10/2017 at 11:11 PM, Tony F said:

To be honest, I am a little jealous of Sheffield. They've significantly outperformed us over the last decade, despite seemingly having none of the off-field advantages that we have over them as a club. 

You talk like a wet lettuce Tony man up

chappy

On 04/10/2017 at 10:02 PM, Fishmonger said:

So Sheffield will be playing at the Olympic Park next season - despite the tales of woe that a number of Batley supporters were spouting at the semi-final. See you next year on the 3G pitch.

best check out up to date pictures first before getting too exited..no seats until 2019, health and safety might have a few points to make before a balls kicked on yet another building site, so maybe give them 2 portakabins a lick a paint at owlerton to be on the safe side..:rtfm:  i loved going to bramley.nice ground too.

Archived