New Teams 2018

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there will need to be at least 2 due to Rylands and Elland's withdrawal, what will happen to Blackbrook? Stanley appear to have struggled all season, 12 players at Gateshead (100-1) East Leeds giving the Play off Semi Final to West Bowling 

Looks like the quota system will have to start going back up to accommodate more antipodean players due to lack of British players

2 hours ago, Marauder said:

The powers will be trying to bring in expansion clubs they have just about trawled out the M62 With their lure of gold, frankincense and myrrh.

I doubt it very much, though one day Nottingham may well step up, just not next year 

2 hours ago, Defender1 said:

Well there will need to be at least 2 due to Rylands and Elland's withdrawal, what will happen to Blackbrook? Stanley appear to have struggled all season, 12 players at Gateshead (100-1) East Leeds giving the Play off Semi Final to West Bowling 

Looks like the quota system will have to start going back up to accommodate more antipodean players due to lack of British players

I don't think there need to be two more teams as they could just go with four divisions of twelve, which is six more clubs than in winter

42 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

That isn't the case.

So why did they drop the criteria to allow teams into the NCL who they wouldn't have given a second look when they played in the winter, I'll tell you, it was designed to take the better clubs away from the traditional season who probably wouldn't have gone if a carrot wasn't dangled (Divide and conquer)

Why aren't the Pennine/Hull leagues allowed to set up a winter competition that would give the better remaining teams an higher weekly standard (Because it would give winter a competition which may attract back the teams that are struggling in the summer)

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

1 hour ago, Saint 1 said:

You said the powers that be will be trying to bring in expansion clubs. Who? 

Well who is in control of the NCL now, they've milked the regional leagues and I can't think of many who would fulfil the criteria that's playing in the YML (East Hull maybe)

7 hours ago, Marauder said:

Well who is in control of the NCL now, they've milked the regional leagues and I can't think of many who would fulfil the criteria that's playing in the YML (East Hull maybe)

I didn't realise Hull was an expansion area and as East Hull dropped out of the ncl after a couple of game a few seasons ago I doubt if they applied they would get far but otherwise another well reasoned point ;) 

1 hour ago, Impartial Observer said:

I didn't realise Hull was an expansion area and as East Hull dropped out of the ncl after a couple of game a few seasons ago I doubt if they applied they would get far but otherwise another well reasoned point ;) 

The secret was in the YML.

4 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

You said with such confidence that the NCL will be trying to bring clubs in, I thought you might actually know something.

Bowes will probably know who has applied mate, he's always up to speed.

11 hours ago, Marauder said:

The Clubs are in control of the NCL nobody can be admitted without a vote going through 

33 minutes ago, Marauder said:

when was the last time the clubs voted against the committee when it comes to new clubs.

Can't remember, but if the clubs are not voting against the committee, That means they back them. If the clubs didn't want a particular club in the league they have the power to block them. You were implying that's not the case

23 hours ago, Spidey said:

Can't remember, but if the clubs are not voting against the committee, That means they back them. If the clubs didn't want a particular club in the league they have the power to block them. You were implying that's not the case

I'm not implying anything, I've just asked a question and you answered it.

counting sheep.png

5 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I'm not implying anything, I've just asked a question and you answered it.

counting sheep.png

Ah trying to be clever I see ??

Clubs have the power to vote anything down, you know that. You can choose to trust the process or don't  

One point. If the clubs were truly sheep we'd have dual reg in the conference. We don't as the clubs voted against the committee on that proposal so it can be done

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Ah trying to be clever I see ??

Clubs have the power to vote anything down, you know that. You can choose to trust the process or don't  

One point. If the clubs were truely sheep we'd have dual reg in the conference. We don't as the clubs voted against the committee on that proposal so it can be done

Wise choice on the dual reg players.

How many times did the vote to move to summer go in front of the clubs before it was voted in favour

1 minute ago, Marauder said:

Wise choice on the dual reg players.

How many times did the vote to move to summer go in front of the clubs before it was voted in favour

I think you probably already know the answer. I'm not sure myself. 

The summer/winter issue seems to be a Yorkshire problem.

I think The NW clubs would stick with it, Cumbria has just voted for Summer again and there's a split in Yorkshire from what I can see. 

If the vote happened again it'd still be a summer majority 

Archived