New Teams 2018

53 minutes ago, topcentre21 said:

Queensbury havent forfilled their fixtures for the last 2 seasons so cant see how they could get in?

Beverley are a good side do they have juniors?

Their seconds only seem to play when 1st team dont have a fixture

There is a junior set up, called Beverley Braves, I believe they are linked but not 100% sure. Was not aware they had a 2nd team yet but believe it was something they are looking in to. (will have to, to join NCL)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

Can't see how Queensbury would get in when they forfeited 3 matches last year. 

They may not do yet. The management team haven't given their recocomendations yet and have saught feedback from the clubs about any insight with those teams 

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:32 PM, henage said:

I can see the state off the amateur game just as clearly as you .

It will only get worse , see some of my other posts about how young people , parents treat leisure / free time . Youtube, whatsapp , goggle etc etc wouldn't  be losing users anytime soon .

What areas would you use the RFLs money (what money people might ask )cubs , youth , open age , pitches ?

Any sport that stands still will slowly die , allowing young men extra chances to earn some money from the game must be a good thing ! 

I'll use Doncaster as an example, when the RFL invested in development Doncaster had three full time development officers (Pete Green, Craig Lawson and Martin Rowlands) between the three they had every school within the district apart from two playing rugby league (population of Doncaster & District 300,000) the development team where also going to areas like Gainsborough, Scunthorpe and Lincoln, now if that's what one development team was doing just think what another 20 teams could do.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

10 hours ago, Marauder said:

I'll use Doncaster as an example, when the RFL invested in development Doncaster had three full time development officers (Pete Green, Craig Lawson and Martin Rowlands) between the three they had every school within the district apart from two playing rugby league (population of Doncaster & District 300,000) the development team where also going to areas like Gainsborough, Scunthorpe and Lincoln, now if that's what one development team was doing just think what another 20 teams could do.

I'm from West Cumbria,what's a development officer ???

10 hours ago, Marauder said:

That's a great result and a credit to the officers.  The thing is they are development officers, when they have got things going the hope is that there will be enough "engaged" local people to pick up the reins and carry on the good work.

Looks like it wer' organised by't Pennine League

12 hours ago, Ex-Kirkholt said:

That's a great result and a credit to the officers.  The thing is they are development officers, when they have got things going the hope is that there will be enough "engaged" local people to pick up the reins and carry on the good work.

I'm sure by now the Dons and local amateur clubs would have benefitted, they also set up a junior side in the Balby area of the town which was doing fine with their help, when the plug was pulled I think Toll Bar and Bentley gain a few juniors from there.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

2 hours ago, Luckyno7 said:

Heard today that the NCL were happy with both visits to the clubs in question; especially Beverley. I expect to see them both members of the NCL come 2018.

As I said before Beverley would need to sort their pitch as it is very small

7 minutes ago, groundhopper said:

Where are Beverley playing now. When in the NCL before they were at Norwood Park.

a few years ago they were on Flemingate. I described the ground as behind a pub with an upstairs balcony providing some cover and someone who went last year did not recognise my description 

When we played there last year it was on the leisure centre; very good changing rooms and pitch overlooked by the potting shed pub which was outstanding. Pitch was on the small side but they tick more boxes than some in the ncl

38 minutes ago, Luckyno7 said:

When we played there last year it was on the leisure centre; very good changing rooms and pitch overlooked by the potting shed pub which was outstanding. Pitch was on the small side but they tick more boxes than some in the ncl

46 minutes ago, groundhopper said:

Where are Beverley playing now. When in the NCL before they were at Norwood Park.

a few years ago they were on Flemingate. I described the ground as behind a pub with an upstairs balcony providing some cover and someone who went last year did not recognise my description 

It is the same place and the name of the pub has changed from Hodgson’s to Potting Shed not the original Norwood ground.Since they started again they play OA at the leisure centre some of their juniors play at Loncroft school. Scott Taylor (Hull FC) coaches with Pat Howdell running the club, he knows people so they should do ok. 

Not seen it myself and will stand to be corrected but understand that Queensbury currently have poor changing facilities and a field 1 to 2 miles from where they change, unless they have somewhere else up their sleeves their current facilities don't meet the standard. As I say hands up and apologies if I am wrong.

Archived