Things can only get better

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/10/2017 at 11:46 AM, Marauder said:

Talk about being in the wars, at the moment we have long term injuries to 4 key players, 2 with broken legs, 1 with a broken hand and 1 with a cracked sternum and we've only played 3 games :( 

Tony Fisher used to use a stick at training.  What are you using!?

8 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

You'll get through it mate.  S

Should have them all back either just before or after Christmas.

Probably a bigger  problem for us is the fact that we could go till early December without an home games this season if we happen to win tomorrow in the Yorkshire cup (Big ask, Queens away) We'd then be away again in the next round at Lock Lane.

The Yorkshire cup rounds are scheduled when we'd have been at home in the league.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

Queens 16 - 18 Moorends

Good win are Queens not the force they were, did they have a full compliment as some of the players are still banned I think,   But you can only beat what is in front of you next round  here you go, interesting result at Toll Bar, could not get a team out in summer 

23 hours ago, Defender1 said:

Good win are Queens not the force they were, did they have a full compliment as some of the players are still banned I think,   But you can only beat what is in front of you next round  here you go, interesting result at Toll Bar, could not get a team out in summer 

Queens had 17 and we had 16, one of our guys who had been selected got stuck at work and with the game kicking off at 2pm and not 2.30pm the cavalry (car full of none selected players) turned up around 2.30pm without their boots so we played with the 16.

Queens will drag more players into their squad as the season goes on I'm sure, it wasn't a bad game and we where also only at about 70% yesterday with injuries and work commitments.

Toll Bar used to run 2 teams in the winter and also under 18's, in fact they probably have a better junior set up than most NCL clubs, I'm sure they have seen the light and acted quickly to address what's best for them.

Just worked it out with our fixture list and if (Big if I know)we managed to get to the Yorkshire Cup final being drawn away in every round we would not have had a home game until the 9th/December/2017 because of the way the cup rounds and our home fixtures fall, that must be a record of some kind.

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:57 PM, Defender1 said:

The Queens v Moorends game has been put on youtube

Archived