Partnership wuth Wakefield college

Maureen T-k

FEATHERSTONE Rovers are delighted to announce a ground-breaking five-year partnership which is to see the University Centre at Wakefield College take up residency at the LD Nutrition Stadium.

Operated and staffed by the College, the University Centre’s sports higher education programmes are to be delivered at the home of Featherstone Rovers as part of an exciting, new initiative.

Courses involve a mixture of theoretical and practical studies. The recent development of the ASIC building, in Wakefield, means students have access to top-class learning facilities incorporating the latest in communication technology.

In order to match the quality of that experience in their practical studies, Wakefield College officials felt it was pivotal to be able to teach within an environment which truly reflects the modern-day professional sports workplace. 

The partnership provides tutors and students with access to high-quality sports development and exercise facilities within a live working environment. 

This will enable them to better apply their knowledge, and experience many aspects of strength and conditioning, practical exercise referral, performance analysis and performance coaching, gaining additional skills which employers are looking for to complement their academic achievements.

Rovers general manager Davide Longo has played a key role in securing this significant long-term partnership, as the club continues to expand its portfolio of big-name tenants. 

Longo said: “We are delighted to welcome the University Centre to the LD Nutrition Stadium. For them to choose to come here over other facilities in the area says a great deal in terms of where we are at and the progress being made.

“We have been in talks since January and what has been evident through our discussions is Wakefield College’s desire to promote and deliver a high-class education experience, which the top-quality facilities we have here will provide.

“Staff from the college have seen the work we have done in 2017 and wanted in. They believe in the direction the club is heading and that is something we can all be proud of.

“The partnership offers access to professional athletes, marketing resources and other brand support as we look to help heighten the visibility of the services provided by the University Centre.”

Director of Higher Education, Clare Hagerup, added: “We are really excited about our partnership with Featherstone Rovers. 

“Our shared ethos of investing in our communities to enable people to be the best they can be, is something of which we are really proud.

“Together we believe that our University Centre message of ‘Rethinking University Education’ will inspire people to believe that they can change their own lives by thinking a little differently.”

Shaun Cook is the Head of Sport for Wakefield College.

He said: “This district has a rich sporting heritage from grassroots through to the highest international-level sportsmen and women. 

“What we are doing with Featherstone Rovers is bringing higher level skills training into the community to make it more accessible.”

Im Fev and im proud

If I can offer any help on the finance/banking/ literature side of things for travelling expenses only let me know.  J.C. Smith BA(Hons) ACIB. Anything to help the Rovers.  Available at the moment one day weekly from 10am to 5pm, apart from Tuesdays, Colin. Just finished 3 years at De Lacy Primary taking further reading, literature and understanding the meaning of words. Background: Featherstone born, active in rugby and athletics in youth, almost three years in the army in Egypt, experience as a miner, railway clerk, banker and soldier, 3 years at university, qualified banker, helped out in many different aspects of schools including governorship. Only downside is the age but brain still active. Here if needed. Colin. 

So it's funny. Only trying to help. Oh! Forgot to mention I coached the schoolkids to 3 firsts in the Pontefract Music Festival for a school that had never won anything before. Still just an old supporter. I will leave it now. Sorry to bother you. Forget I mentioned it.

6 hours ago, jamescolin said:

So it's funny. Only trying to help. Oh! Forgot to mention I coached the schoolkids to 3 firsts in the Pontefract Music Festival for a school that had never won anything before. Still just an old supporter. I will leave it now. Sorry to bother you. Forget I mentioned it.

Sorry JC, I thought you were taking the ######, my mistake.

Will Wakefield Trinity still continue to train at Featherstone? If so the place will be a real hive of activity. It would be interesting to know the annual income from both sources? It might make the doubters sit up and listen.

On 11/10/2017 at 10:00 AM, Steve Slater said:

Will Wakefield Trinity still continue to train at Featherstone? If so the place will be a real hive of activity. It would be interesting to know the annual income from both sources? It might make the doubters sit up and listen.

Think I've read somewhere that they are moving their training base to Dewsbury

6 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Think I've read somewhere that they are moving their training base to Dewsbury

Wasn't that when they were threatening to play at Dewsbury? I wonder if they'll train there now they're staying at Belle Vue?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

I pass by the Dewsbury ground quite often and it looks very tidy with the new training/ 5-a-side pitches, but I wouldn't have thought they had enough seats or even standing space for Super League games against the clubs with good away support?

13 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

I pass by the Dewsbury ground quite often and it looks very tidy with the new training/ 5-a-side pitches, but I wouldn't have thought they had enough seats or even standing space for Super League games against the clubs with good away support?

Minimum standing, seating requirements are (supposedly): SL 5000, 2000, Championship 3000, 750, C1 1000, 500. 

Archived