Leigh sign Peter Mata'utia

2 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

Another one of our degsys statement of "intent" rob,i can hardly wait.

Me neither, i must admit when DB stated this years squad would be better i was a little unsure but the signings so far are miles better than some of the previous recruitment. 

24 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Me neither, i must admit when DB stated this years squad would be better i was a little unsure but the signings so far are miles better than some of the previous recruitment. 

Signing to many players in 2015/16 on 2 & 3 yr contracts who were over tje age of 30 cost us dearly this season.lessons been learned i think.

Got to be happy with this signing

15 minutes ago, damp squib said:

Great signing by Leigh. No disrespect intended to the club but it's a bizarre decision on his part.

It all depends on the salary cap squeeze at his current club. The Knights have spent big and may need to shed a few players. They may even be still subbing part of his wages. Happens quite a bit in the NRL.

As a Knights fan I’m a big fan of Peter and sad to see him go. A really underrated classy player who will be outstanding in he Championship. The reason he has left the Knights is we were only offering a one year deal. I’m assuming Leigh have offered him a multi year contract. Best at centre but can also play fullback and wing, a great singing for Leigh imo  

12 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Leigh and Mata'utia must be assuming the retention of promotion and relegation in 2018-19.

They may all get burned.

Well seeing as Derek Beaumont has been involved in all the SL chairman meetings this year discussing the structure I'm sure he'll have a fairly good idea of what the next structure will look like. 

1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

To say this is a quality signing by Leigh is an understatement.

This bloke is still good enough to play in the NRL

It certainly caught us Leythers by surprise. Still early days in squad announcements for next year but with Mata'utia and Ben crooks/rhys evans playing for the 2 centre spots that's certainly an improvement on last year

12 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

It certainly caught us Leythers by surprise. Still early days in squad announcements for next year but with Mata'utia and Ben crooks/rhys evans playing for the 2 centre spots that's certainly an improvement on last year

I think the jury is still out on Ben Crooks.

In my opinion he might be championship standard but not Super League standard what i have seen of him.

8 hours ago, The Future is League said:

I think the jury is still out on Ben Crooks.

In my opinion he might be championship standard but not Super League standard what i have seen of him.

He could probably do with a little more pace, but if he works hard and gets a little more guile then he could be a half decent SL centre. His former was patchy last year, great in some games anonymous in others. I don't think it really helped though that he never had a regular wing partner due to injuries and reshuffles. 

Archived