Salford. Trouble at mill.

4 minutes ago, The King Of Leon said:

8 mill ! I thought Koulash had bankrolled them and were debt free ?

I don't know that's what it says in the magazine article. Also mentions the RFL pushing for a merger involving Swinton, Oldham, Rangers, Leigh and Salford to form a Manchester super club. 

16 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

I said this in an earlier thread regarding the ownership change. If Salford are not a viable club without Koukash bring back Leigh or put Tolouse into the SL.

All that will happen is creditors will lose money.

Leigh back in SL, Bradford back in Championship?

2 hours ago, The King Of Leon said:

8 mill ! I thought Koulash had bankrolled them and were debt free ?

Salford owed the council more than £1,000,000 when Koukash took them over and he didn't pay anything off the debt. In fact, according to the council recently, they loaned the club some more money since "There was no chance of getting the first £1,000,000 back if they didn't"? Marwan has spent money on players - nothing else. I am a Salfordian and I fear for the club and the loyal fans.

Said this would happen as soon as he announced that he was going to walk. The club won't be in SL next season. At best, they will be part-time, at worst, will no longer exist.

Needs sorting now or it doesn't give anyone time to step up

6 hours ago, The Daddy said:

I don't know that's what it says in the magazine article. Also mentions the RFL pushing for a merger involving Swinton, Oldham, Rangers, Leigh and Salford to form a Manchester super club. 

Please God no. You can create a Manchester super club without destroying the sport in other towns. Indeed there is already a Manchester club to build from. 

But where are the fans of the super club gong to come from to make it viable? 

7 hours ago, The Daddy said:

A (Super?) Club with double the turnover and double the debt playing in front of 1000 at Ethiad? 

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

14 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

There were rumours wasn't there towards the end of the season about deals between Beaumont and Koukash and potentially Koukash investing in Leigh there is now evidently some truth behind those. 

Is there or have RL journalists put 2+2 together and come up with 3257? 

7 hours ago, The Daddy said:

don't think so remember Fev Wakey n C#s forming Calder super league club

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Please God no. You can create a Manchester super club without destroying the sport in other towns. Indeed there is already a Manchester club to build from. 

A League One owner recently predicted to me that League One would cease to exist in the next few years. He thought the RFL wanted a two tier structure. A franchise led Superleague and then the rest a tier two.

Removing so many Manchester area clubs at one fell swoop would fit in with this scenario. There may be a bigger picture we don't know about yet.

If Salford do go belly up, then they should start exactly the way Oldham & Workington had to. This was application to re-join the RFL and admission into the bottom tier. When the above two were readmitted they had no funding in year one, and in Oldham's case they were were barred from the Challenge Cup IIRC.

I believe this should have happened with Bradford as well (although theirs was administration nit liquidation)

The correct course of action IMHO would be Leigh in SL, Oldham in the Championship, and Salford in C1. That said I think the RFL would want Bradford not Oldham.

Archived