Tommy Holland

Batley Bob

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, billybulldog said:

Never lost for words, just laughing at how much you realy love tom hemingway for some reason, imo of course, and that laughing imog's was for the mom you said he was going to get?????

you keep laughing at players fella,if it gives you some kicks keep at it, i rather wait until kickoff and if hes naff for us then your right, but strange enough on here at least your always way off what your on about. think the words am looking for is bullfodder. aint it time for your napp anyways fella.:scare:

Why does it appear to be ingrained in our thinking that we have to rely on opposition fans turning up at MP to ensure we remain stable?  Shouldn't we be ensuring that we have enough Bulldog supporters to ensure that the club is viable and then any income from away fans is icing on the cake. As Dogfather mentioned we should be increasing our revenue, but last season we were classified as the third best team in the league.  What steps were taken to raise our profile, to increase the number of people coming through the gate, to generally increase the awareness of the Bulldogs within the town and surrounding areas?

2 minutes ago, fredm said:

Why does it appear to be ingrained in our thinking that we have to rely on opposition fans turning up at MP to ensure we remain stable?  Shouldn't we be ensuring that we have enough Bulldog supporters to ensure that the club is viable and then any income from away fans is icing on the cake. As Dogfather mentioned we should be increasing our revenue, but last season we were classified as the third best team in the league.  What steps were taken to raise our profile, to increase the number of people coming through the gate, to generally increase the awareness of the Bulldogs within the town and surrounding areas?

spot on fred,we were on about this other day,lots a faces missing who drifted away in the baron part a the season first few games,aint been seen since and will be hard to get them back once they have found other things to do,folks who have come up to mount for years, plenty a things seem to get tried to bring in fans so who knows the answers.. its great when we have a full house thou rare as it is for now.

14 minutes ago, silverback said:

you keep laughing at players fella,if it gives you some kicks keep at it, i rather wait until kickoff and if hes naff for us then your right, but strange enough on here at least your always way off what your on about. think the words am looking for is bullfodder. aint it time for your napp anyways fella.:scare:

Not laughing at any players and please show me were it says i am, yet again you cant, im actually laughing at ur stupid replys, obviously for some realy realy silly reason you think he is the bee's knee's and were as i dont, he had 1 or 2 good games for us once, but thats about it and then he couldnt get in dewsbury squad, and imo of course the only reason hes signing for us is because he is a close mate of the coach, imo no other reason whatsoever.

1 minute ago, billybulldog said:

Not laughing at any players and please show me were it says i am, yet again you cant, im actually laughing at ur stupid replys, obviously for some realy realy silly reason you think he is the bee's knee's and were as i dont, he had 1 or 2 good games for us once, but thats about it and then he couldnt get in dewsbury squad, and imo of course the only reason hes signing for us is because he is a close mate of the coach, imo no other reason whatsoever.

you can see why some folks dont say owt on here just read. you were laughing at the the thought of tom getting anywere near a mom performance.you also said he couldent tackle,dident like getting mucky,and a lot of other naff. am going to wait and see how he goes but am sure you will be correct in your wisdom time and time again. now go get yer shoeshine box...........

14 minutes ago, fredm said:

Sadly Fred this is a mentality that is common throughout the Championship with one or two notable exceptions. It seems that some clubs throw the responsibility at the RFL to ensure that there are sufficiently popular clubs in the division to boost their home attendances rather than, as you say, concentrating upon their own home support and treating visiting supporters income as a bonus.

The mentality within the sport seems to focus upon: get a decent squad, arrange the home fixtures, put up three posters around town, order the pies then wait for the crowds to flood in. In order to attract new support then all clubs need to be more imaginative and proactive.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, silverback said:

you can see why some folks dont say owt on here just read. you were laughing at the the thought of tom getting anywere near a mom performance.you also said he couldent tackle,dident like getting mucky,and a lot of other naff. am going to wait and see how he goes but am sure you will be correct in your wisdom time and time again. now go get yer shoeshine box...........

And i stand by those words as does alot of other fans on this forum that also agree that signing your shining star is definatly a step backwords, as i said before, imo of course??

1 minute ago, billybulldog said:

And i stand by those words as does alot of other fans on this forum that also agree that signing your shining star is definatly a step backwords, as i said before, imo of course??

not my shining star just a decent player that might suprise yer in 2018,but if its the only step we have it will do me, if you think cain is the way forward go get yer sen a hunslet shirt and give us a break for gods sake, hell i will chip in if its a whipround. cant yers grab a decent paper round or sommat. IMO like.

I seem to recall John Kear saying that Hemingway is a clever footballer.  I cannot remember the circumstances but it was something to do with a move that Hemingway had suggested in training making the difference between winning and losing a very close match.  Does this ring a bell with anyone else?

I may be wrong here, but swapping Southernwood for Hemingway might actually be quite a shrewd move.

We had Southernwood who was not what we needed, but on contract for this coming season. He has left of his own accord, therefore we do not have to pay him off.

If we have signed Hemingway, he will likely cost less than Southernwood (maybe we have signed him on match terms?) and will do the same job, is a better goal kicker and costs less, bit of a win/win if you look at it like that.

38 minutes ago, Bi11 said:

I seem to recall John Kear saying that Hemingway is a clever footballer.  I cannot remember the circumstances but it was something to do with a move that Hemingway had suggested in training making the difference between winning and losing a very close match.  Does this ring a bell with anyone else?

Yes. It was his suggested move for Flanagan to drop the goal in the semi at Fev, as they would be expecting Black or Moore to take it. I remember the interview well.

I can kind of see the logic in signing Hemingway. He's an experienced Championship player, can do a 'job' in multiple positions and kick goals. However, I'd have hoped that the club's scouting network might have identified a younger halfback/hooker option who might be worth a punt for a season or two. In stark reality, signing Hemingway is a step back four seasons in time - the last time he was a back-up option for us. 

13 hours ago, silverback said:

not my shining star just a decent player that might suprise yer in 2018,but if its the only step we have it will do me, if you think cain is the way forward go get yer sen a hunslet shirt and give us a break for gods sake, hell i will chip in if its a whipround. cant yers grab a decent paper round or sommat. IMO like.

Is that the best you can do young man, and imo of course, yes cain is a better player than Hemingway, and hes young with a decent chance of a good career under good leader ship, must go now ur boring me with all this love you have for Hemingway.????

Hemingway in his late 20's, local and within budget is best we are going to get at this time. Not sounding defeater and not wanting to kick on, just realistic. 

Regarding not getting in at Dewsbury etc I'd like to mention external factors that may influence the lads game. Not excuses just an insight for people calling him. Did you know his mother has been fighting the c word for the past couple of years? Sadly she was buried yesterday so is now at peace. 

Can we not just give the lad a chance? Not even trained yet never mind played and is being torn to pieces. Let's see what Diskin can do (him selecting Scotty as player of the year has restored some faith for me in MD).

3 hours ago, doggystyle said:

Hemingway in his late 20's, local and within budget is best we are going to get at this time. Not sounding defeater and not wanting to kick on, just realistic. 

Regarding not getting in at Dewsbury etc I'd like to mention external factors that may influence the lads game. Not excuses just an insight for people calling him. Did you know his mother has been fighting the c word for the past couple of years? Sadly she was buried yesterday so is now at peace. 

Can we not just give the lad a chance? Not even trained yet never mind played and is being torn to pieces. Let's see what Diskin can do (him selecting Scotty as player of the year has restored some faith for me in MD).

I do recall that he ripped your lot apart at the Tetley's stadium a couple of years ago, leading some to complain about Batley having let him go in the first place. Give the lad a chance and he can do  decent job but play him at hooker, not stand off.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, billybulldog said:

Is that the best you can do young man, and imo of course, yes cain is a better player than Hemingway, and hes young with a decent chance of a good career under good leader ship, must go now ur boring me with all this love you have for Hemingway.????

did you miss yer pills today..............your on ignore as you talk utter bullfodder.

So, play him at hooker? Our most consistent, team-leading, player in Leak will get dropped then? His swap/ speller Davey doesn't get a game? Come on, wakey wakey! Sorry, bringing back a player we let go 4 season's ago is NOT a step forward in any way, shape or form. Sad for his family situation etc but that doesn't disguise the needs of our team. No axe to grind with Tom, I personally thought he got a bit of a rough deal with us, never got a decent run but did throw in a couple of decent performances and is as good a kicker as what we have, it's just not going forward.

Archived