2018 Squad

IAmASeatonRanger

I know you're not on the board Gary but now you're not we can't get that point of view as there is another 2 way communication wall up.

It was more about how trivial you were saying that it's part of the process yet home grown international players in key positions aren't easily replaced.

Les said he spoke to 88 players last year and we still were a bit thin on the ground up front. I'm honestly looking forward to the coming weeks to see who we sign up. 

Keep the faith. UTT

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, GMcKeating said:

Part of the longer term plan that some on here laugh at. ?

how many plans can a club have?

genuine question ,5 year plans seem to come and go ,and we end up up no further forward.

We were building a team around local talent , but they appear to want to ply their trade away from d.p.

I dont know know whats happened or is still happening but it is very worrying.

16 minutes ago, GMcKeating said:

One plan only

However , unless players are kidnapped and locked in the Tom Mitchell the plan obviously has to flex to accommodate moves.. Playing staff are only one part of It. Off field, financial matters are also part of it as are many other considerations. 

but how can we plan when we have no continuity in the playing staff?

i understand players come and go for a variety of reasons ,but we seem to be excellent at letting our best players move on.

its ok saying we cant lock em up ,but there must be an under current  or something else going on at dp that i am not privvy to.

1 minute ago, BIG MAC said:

The last thing the club wants is to have players in the squad that are un happy, also paying over the odds for there services, 

but that doesnt ring true for all does it ? its known tee didnt ask for any more money , town have made that clear in their statement , he obviously had his own reasons and declined any offer .

24 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

they werent responsible for having no bench half the season .

Let’s all be honest, we would give anything for most that squad back, olly, stack, Walker, shacks, Sammut etc 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

1 hour ago, BIG MAC said:

The last thing the club wants is to have players in the squad that are un happy, also paying over the odds for there services, 

But why are they unhappy? With the list of players who have moved on in  the last 3 years you could just about field a team that  would destroy championship 1

12 hours ago, town4me said:

But why are they unhappy? With the list of players who have moved on in  the last 3 years you could just about field a team that  would destroy championship 1

Yeah you look who we’ve lost and it’s a shock 

Murphy, ritson, Patrick, hulme,Carter,sammut,Callum,olly,matty,Walker,stack,shacks,olstrum would have pushed Toronto very close last season. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Things were much easier in the past where you signed a player and he was yours for life unless transferred .You had the same Team  year after year with a few additions  . It must be a nightmare now with players freedom of contract and i for one wouldn`t know where to start when planning ahead  .In the past it was argued that Clubs and Directors ran the game and had too much influence and it was detrimental to the game  , but now the pendulum has swung far too much the other way .

24 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Things were much easier in the past where you signed a player and he was yours for life unless transferred .You had the same Team  year after year with a few additions  . It must be a nightmare now with players freedom of contract and i for one wouldn`t know where to start when planning ahead  .In the past it was argued that Clubs and Directors ran the game and had too much influence and it was detrimental to the game  , but now the pendulum has swung far too much the other way .

These short term contracts and player merry go round "every" off season is a bit of a farce IMO. it makes rebuilding very difficult. Theres just no continuity. 

9 minutes ago, Ginock1 said:

Which is why it appears that Town are looking to identify players then sign them on 2 year deals wherever possible. It's a policy clearly. 

Some great news on the way btw player & coach wise , so keep the faith. 

Utt

I do hope so , starting to get worried on what sort of team where gonna have or will we have but we all have to believe we have a great club let's get behind all our staff , players and coach whoever that maybe UTT?⚪️

Yes ive just been speaking to someone in town who helps out behind the scenes and although not given full details it sounds like we have already signed a quality replacement for callum!

More of last seasons squad signed up too including a coyple of the more experienced ones.

Nice to get some good news after the last 2 disastrous days!

3 hours ago, kiln7 said:

there as been a lack of good man management for a long time at the club , star today telling us the offer they made him,well why did,ent he sign? 

maybe some men are harder to manage than others.

Archived