2018 Squad

IAmASeatonRanger

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

Also see Oldham has had a winding up petition lodged against them ,  another struggling club who may have gone over budget to stay in the second tier only to come back down , the game is in a sorry state indeed .

We're used to it mate,it's a regular occurrence.:biggrin:.But yes I agree,the game at this level is beyond knackered.

22 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

We don't know how long these signings have been held back from being announced.

He's been playing at a decent level but I can't say I know much about him. Anyone?

Always played well against us, 600 odd points in 124 games isn't a bad return, well done all concerned and welcome to Town Scott 

1 hour ago, homeandawayer said:

He's been playing at a decent level but I can't say I know much about him. Anyone?

Always been a decent performer at or around this level with Keighley etc. Has a decent kicking game which will be a plus.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Scott Leatherbarrow was very poor for us last season.Don't expect him to take games by the scruff of the neck,or take the line on.Defensively average and a reasonable place kicker.His does have deceptive pace - he is actually slower than he looks!

Hope you manage to get more out of him than we could.Along with Dave Hewitt at scrum half,we had the worst half-back pairing in league one by a country mile.

We have Doran, leatherbarrow and I'd assume howarth so does that mean our 6 7 and 9 are covered or do we have a 9 to come in.

Also mossop and forber id like to have back.

Exciting times again. A raging bull up top with a decent half back to play off and we have got to be looking for at least promotion if not the top 4 easier said then done though 

Up the town

he may learn from LP and see where he needs to be changing things , could be a decent signing , has a lot of kicking field goal ability but as one Oldham fan has said and 1 try last season shows , he doesnt often take the line on . but thats LP.s job to show him how .

3 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

26 year old - had a spell at Broncos before moving to Oldham. Always looked handy when he played against us and has a good kicking game. Looks like Buffer might be looking over his shoulder next year. 

It's always hard to rate a half back in a team that loses the majority of games, as we saw 2 seasons ago also. Half backs need the forwards to lay a platform, if they get dominated then there's no time or space for the half back to use. 

11 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Don't think he's quite Scotty's standard. I'd forgotten just how good he was. 

He was playing behind a much better pack though, which i think is bobg,s  main point and where we have struggled last couple of seasons to be fair

1 hour ago, Brookie said:

What became of him and Pedley, still young

They were both playing amateur last I heard. Scott’s try against haven from carters offload was one of the best in recent times. Jack was a great talent who was really unlucky with injuries. Braking his leg at training just before we were set to play in the final just about killed our chances off. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

7 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Always played well against us, 600 odd points in 124 games isn't a bad return, well done all concerned and welcome to Town Scott 

Pretty poor return that your own carl forber as a much better strike rate over the years

Archived