Premier division play offs

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A great game at Siddal where the home team turned in a performance of two halves. In the first half they were second best to Thato Heath. The second half was all theirs with a fabulous come back.

The game at Wath Brow never took place. Mayfield had travelled up to Cumbria on the Friday and stayed overnight.

Wath Brow claimed the pitch was unplayable and wanted the game called off. A local ref said the pitch was playable. THe National Conference were approached and said play the match at Kells. Wath Brow refused so no match was played.

It sounds as though Wath Brow did not want to play the game for whatever reason. (Injuries ?).

No doubt it will now mean a mid week match with Mayfield disadvantaged.

I know that Cumbria have had plenty of rain last week but the pitch was playable and would have been the same for both teams. and every time I have been there it always rains anyway. 

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

The Following is a clip from the Keighley  News back in March.

imgID56877620.jpg.gallery.jpg.444161972a59917f37552b09399f59df.jpg

Wath Brow Hornets 4 Keighley Cougars 10

COUGARS booked a home iPro Sport Cup quarter-final tie with Oxford following a hard-fought away victory against amateur outfit Wath Brow Hornets.

After a morning pitch inspection, the game went ahead in cold, muddy and treacherous conditions – described by Keighley's veteran half-back Paul Handforth as the worst he’s ever played in during his lengthy career.

The weather and the pitch proved to be a big leveller, with work to clear standing water going ahead up until five minutes before kick-off after heavy rainfall throughout the morning.

Obviously not a problem when the home team want to play the match. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet again people making assumptions.  Gareth hewer super league ref said pitch un playable at 9am however mayfield coach did not agree and said he wanted the official ref to make the decison.  Ref turned up and called game off rochdale turned.up at 1410hrs to disagree with the decision.  ALL the brow players were stripped and ready to play only 2 changes to the team from the team that has played the last 5 games so no additional injuries.  Not great for the club either as lost revenue and players unavailable mid week due to work commitments. Wath brow hornets wanted game to ahead but at the end of the day the players and officials welfare  MUST be number 1 priority.  Ref was the one to call game off NOT wath brow

1 hour ago, hornet nest said:

Yet again people making assumptions.  Gareth hewer super league ref said pitch un playable at 9am however mayfield coach did not agree and said he wanted the official ref to make the decison.  Ref turned up and called game off rochdale turned.up at 1410hrs to disagree with the decision.  ALL the brow players were stripped and ready to play only 2 changes to the team from the team that has played the last 5 games so no additional injuries.  Not great for the club either as lost revenue and players unavailable mid week due to work commitments. Wath brow hornets wanted game to ahead but at the end of the day the players and officials welfare  MUST be number 1 priority.  Ref was the one to call game off NOT wath brow

Hey what are you doing posting facts? Who will Mayfield blame now?

4 minutes ago, johnmatrix said:

Should have just played, surely can't have been any worse in winter, same for both teams. 

The criteria for a pitch being unplayable is the same whether it's summer or winter

1 hour ago, BIG MAC said:

Should get your facts right Big Doug, but as usual its always someone else's fault isn't it.

Wath Brow played Keighley on a pitch that was even worse. No problem that day then.

Strange then how Mayfield wanted to play and you say Wath Brow were changed ready to play that the game did not go ahead. 

So are you saying because they are amateurs they should play and get injured.   These lads have to go to work on Monday you clown.   The official ref and lines men drove 4 hours to get to the game so do you really think they would have called it off for.notjing.  the idiot coach from rochdale took pictures.of the field from the side.lines which looks lovely and green   however the officials went onto the pitch and took photos of there legs as they could not see.their boots as they had sunk into the mud and water.  If you had been there big Doug you would have seen the brow.players stripped which they were at the same time for every mach 130 ready to warm up.  Rochdale players.did not turn up until 1415 which left them 15 minutes to warm.up if game.was on .   Who does this   I smell.a rat as they knew game was off on the Friday night when they landed which is why they was p.....up in the seacoate hotel they were stopping in on Friday night.  Which rugby team goes and drinks.the night before a.game ?????? 

11 hours ago, johnmatrix said:

Yeah it is the same, but its amateurs playing rugby at end of day, get the game on. Especially if they've travelled. Best on the day goes thru.  

So the health and safety of amateurs don't matter despite the fact that they have work to go to etc?

11 hours ago, Big Doug said:

Wath Brow played Keighley on a pitch that was even worse. No problem that day then.

Strange then how Mayfield wanted to play and you say Wath Brow were changed ready to play that the game did not go ahead. 

I assume the you were present at both the Keighley game & again today and that you know more than the most experienced referee in the country?

16 hours ago, Big Doug said:

A great game at Siddal where the home team turned in a performance of two halves. In the first half they were second best to Thato Heath. The second half was all theirs with a fabulous come back.

The game at Wath Brow never took place. Mayfield had travelled up to Cumbria on the Friday and stayed overnight.

Wath Brow claimed the pitch was unplayable and wanted the game called off. A local ref said the pitch was playable. THe National Conference were approached and said play the match at Kells. Wath Brow refused so no match was played.

It sounds as though Wath Brow did not want to play the game for whatever reason. (Injuries ?).

No doubt it will now mean a mid week match with Mayfield disadvantaged.

I know that Cumbria have had plenty of rain last week but the pitch was playable and would have been the same for both teams. and every time I have been there it always rains anyway. 

Hahaha,dont let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

2 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Wasn't it Big Doug who tried to claim that Mattinson wasn't the subject of outright thuggery by a Mayfield player?

Yep,that's the one,he does like coming on here and embarrassing himself regularly.

It will be tough for both teams to rearrange the fixture, its laughable that the integrity of WBH has been called into question, for a long time now they have travelled the length and breadth of the country without complaint or calling games off

Hopefully the game will be played between two strong sides and there can be no argument about missing players ect....

There doesn't always have to be a conspiracy

Archived