Premier division play offs

40 minutes ago, jananbillingsbarmyarmy said:

No problem with it being called off but the rfl had arranged for kells pitch to be used in case of it Being called off , but wath brows coach refused to play it there 

Why? Hornet 

Because they played a full season and earned home advantage,if it was the other way around would Mayfield give up home advantage and play at Leigh or Wigan,I don't think so.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys first time I have been on hear for a long time but just wanted to put my facts as I saw them the players of Mayfield warmed up at the hotel and were stripped and ready to play at 1:50pm at Wath brow ground I saw them get off the bus after my three hour journey up FACT . They warmed up before arrival as to save the playing surface. I arrived at 1:30 there had obviously been no attempt to try and get the game on ie forking of the pitch etc so i can only assume that the Wath Brow club were of the opinion that the game would not be going ahead as stated with regards to other post at 9 am in the morning. Any thing else is purely circumstantial but the conversation between both sides was that the RFL had asked Wath  at 9am to find a ground to play on locally both Kells and Egremont were mentioned I have no idea if this was looked at. As to both sides being at a disadvantage playing mid week which I am sure will be the outcome from the League  I hardly think that getting people to a home match from work commitments is the same as getting lads to get on a bus at 4pm and getting home at 1or 2pm next morning then getting up for work As already stated these Lads have to go to work ! Again as stated on this site this great game of ours is in decline and if the most prestigious part of the competition the premiership play offs continues to through up these issues is it not time for some kind of solution ?    

5 minutes ago, white rose ranger said:

Mayfield should have known better. It is widely known that Rooney will use this (or any) ploy if he can. 

Not in the spirit of the game and embarrassing for the WB players.

Not as embarrassing as that post.

hi guys hears an interesting one just heard game on Tuesday 7:30pm kick off Mayfield meeting at 2:30 for 3pm getaway. Be lucky to get the under 16s team out of school for that time . Whats the weather been like up there today just looked at the weather forecast for the next two days up your end hardly have to say do I , one thing I am sure I can say though is that we will be playing what ever state the pitch is in or you will have to come down to us which obviously wont be happening. see you Tuesday Ill be the one with the Brolly. 

Wow white Rose ranger didn't know Rooney was the Alex Ferguson of rugby league along with being  god as he in your opinion and rochdale followers managed to ensure that there was that much rain in 4 days to make the pitch unplayable on Saturday and on top of that get 2 referee's and 2 linemen to call a game off because he can haha dillusional.  No.adavantage for anyone.  Agree having to travel mid week is not great but I did not hear you wanting to change last year's games when brow had to do 2 mid week trips one to mayfield on a Wednesday and one to Thatto.  

This thread is actually comical - as far as I'm aware Brow haven't lost a single league game at home all season, so what's in it for them to not play the game on a Saturday afternoon....injuries? - well they're not going to have gotten any better by tomorrow night from Saturday so we can rule that out. Work commitments? - We all know it's harder to get lads midweek than it is for a Saturday afternoon so pretty sure we can rule that out too. 

Seems to me this was a genuine unplayable surface and as somebody else said, Mayfield wouldn't have given up their home advantage jut because Brow had travelled down, if it'd have been other way round, and i'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been that straight forward to organise either.

For what it's worth I reckon Brow would win regardless and this all feels like it's excuse making before the event as to why Mayfield lost. 

See you next year boys! 

14 hours ago, white rose ranger said:

Mayfield should have known better. It is widely known that Rooney will use this (or any) ploy if he can. 

Not in the spirit of the game and embarrassing for the WB players.

You really shouldn't post after having a drink

Im ex kells so no favouritism towards wathbrow whatsoever,but these posts claiming they have used the conditions to gain some kind of advantage in getting the game moved widweek are laughable. The area came to a stand still due to the weather at the back end of last week,roads were closed,bridges were closed and most fields looked like swimming pools but yet brows pitch is supposed to be good for a game of rugby?? You can put 34 players out in any conditions if you really want to,but at some point you have to think about the lads safety,which is what the referee did and called it off.  If the game had went ahead and brow had hammerd them,the same people would be complaining that brow had the advantage of playing in typical cumbrian weather and that the pitch was unplayable and shoulda been called off.

With regards to playing at kells..Why would they? Most of kells would be shouting for mayfield,thats hardly the home advantage theyv earned over the course of the season.

1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

This thread is actually comical - as far as I'm aware Brow haven't lost a single league game at home all season, so what's in it for them to not play the game on a Saturday afternoon....injuries? - well they're not going to have gotten any better by tomorrow night from Saturday so we can rule that out. Work commitments? - We all know it's harder to get lads midweek than it is for a Saturday afternoon so pretty sure we can rule that out too. 

Seems to me this was a genuine unplayable surface and as somebody else said, Mayfield wouldn't have given up their home advantage jut because Brow had travelled down, if it'd have been other way round, and i'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been that straight forward to organise either.

For what it's worth I reckon Brow would win regardless and this all feels like it's excuse making before the event as to why Mayfield lost. 

See you next year boys! 

Bang on mate,but it's Mayfield there always the victims you know.

You'd think it was the first ever game of rugby to be called off due to the weather,the rubbish they are coming out with is rediculous .

I'm not a club official but  here are a few facts.

Yes Wath Brow have players out injured,3 I think but they have season ending ones,

Yes Wath Brow have 2 players away but they won't be back for another week

Wath Brow didn't declare the pitch unfit,it was done so by 2 different referees,1 of which is a superleague and challenge cup referee and the other the appointed match ref  who had travelled up from Yorkshire

West Cumbria experienced a deluge Thurs/Fri with severe flooding,bridges closed,now our coach is pretty good but being able to influence weather patterns isn't as far as I'm aware something he has mastered. 

In closing I find it incomprehensible the a team such as Mayfield who earlier in the season tried to defend an act of brutal thuggery should question the integrity of the 2 officials and Wath Brow

1 hour ago, rhinos78 said:

With regards to playing at kells..Why would they? Most of kells would be shouting for mayfield,thats hardly the home advantage theyv earned over the course of the season.

So true - for anyone who hasn't been, Hunslet Warriors literally play 150 yards from where our pitch is, but there wouldn't be a chance we'd use their pitch for a 'home' tie because if anything it'd be more hostile than actually playing away. 

14 hours ago, WhalleyP said:

hi guys hears an interesting one just heard game on Tuesday 7:30pm kick off Mayfield meeting at 2:30 for 3pm getaway. Be lucky to get the under 16s team out of school for that time . Whats the weather been like up there today just looked at the weather forecast for the next two days up your end hardly have to say do I , one thing I am sure I can say though is that we will be playing what ever state the pitch is in or you will have to come down to us which obviously wont be happening. see you Tuesday Ill be the one with the Brolly. 

West Cumbria had rain late yesterday but not as bad as last week, its dry now but high winds, good drying weather, if it stays like this you wont require your brolly,

19 minutes ago, Havenwarrior said:

Hang on its started raining ☔️☔️

Whitehaven are on stand bye if required apparently, the wind is still blowing away hard so hopefully they will still be able to play at home, looking forward to it,  

Wat

20 minutes ago, BIG MAC said:

Anyone seen Big Doug, 

He'll be with Callan in a dark room somewhere preparing a long list of excuses why Mayfield lost,dont forget to phone Thatto back and tell them you don't need them to play you on Sunday now.

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Wat

He'll be with Callan in a dark room somewhere preparing a long list of excuses why Mayfield lost,dont forget to phone Thatto back and tell them you don't need them to play you on Sunday now.

Looking forward to watching you at Thato Heath on Saturday afternoon.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

Archived