Premier division play offs

2 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Well done Brow! I reckon they go one better and beat Thatto to get in the final 

Thatto big favourites but it's semi final rugby and Wath Brow have a record of backs to the wall victories,should be a great game.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Big Doug said:

Looking forward to watching you at Thato Heath on Saturday afternoon.

I will probably be at Thatto Saturday Doug, if I am up early enough after working Friday night, and I owe you a pint. I will be the old guy in the obscure RL playing shirt (probably Aberavon Fighting Irish or Kilkenny Wildcats). Incidentally, I have only been to Thatto once before this season and they absolutely destroyed Wath Brow. I have always liked Wath Brow as a club but, although I expect the cup tie to be much closer, I can't see  Thatto losing at home. I feel sorry for Mayfield, having to make that journey in mid week. I have done it myself with Eccles. On the other hand I have watched Wath Brow play mid week games at Wigan St. Patricks and Leigh East, and one weekend I saw Wath Brow play Crosfields at home on Saturday and Hull Dockers away the next day - Sunday! May the best team win.

Spoke to you that day at the Brow Rooster. Hope you didn't have your phone on "pay as you go". Seemed like you were on the phone back to Eccles for the full 80 minutes. If I recall correctly that result helped you avoid relegation. Think Saturdays game will be tighter than last time we were there, should be a good game and lively atmosphere.

2 hours ago, Celtic Rooster said:

I will probably be at Thatto Saturday Doug, if I am up early enough after working Friday night, and I owe you a pint. I will be the old guy in the obscure RL playing shirt (probably Aberavon Fighting Irish or Kilkenny Wildcats). Incidentally, I have only been to Thatto once before this season and they absolutely destroyed Wath Brow. I have always liked Wath Brow as a club but, although I expect the cup tie to be much closer, I can't see  Thatto losing at home. I feel sorry for Mayfield, having to make that journey in mid week. I have done it myself with Eccles. On the other hand I have watched Wath Brow play mid week games at Wigan St. Patricks and Leigh East, and one weekend I saw Wath Brow play Crosfields at home on Saturday and Hull Dockers away the next day - Sunday! May the best team win.

Hi Ken,

I could not make last nights game at Wath Brow but it would appear that we fell just short on the day. Good luck to Wath Brow against Thato.

Any club having to travel a long distance mid week will be at a disadvantage but that's the way it goes.

Having watched the Siddal v Thato Heath match last Saturday it is not easy to predict a result against Wath Brow. The Siddal v Thato match was a game of two halves. Thato won the first half easily and Siddal the second to take a comfortable victory. I have the program somewhere so I will send it on to you if I can find it.

I have said all season that Siddal have been the best team and I think they will deservedly win the final. Its a club that I always enjoy visiting.

Did anyone from Mayfield contact you regarding the old Mayfield programs that you have ?

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

I remember meeting you Redbeck and have met you a couple of times since. I drove over the Hard Knott pass that day mate from Windermere with my wife (celebrated our anniversary) - never again. Hard Knott pass I mean, not the wife! Yes, you're win against Crosfields kept Eccles up and I promised to come and support you at Hull Dockers the next day. Hopefully see you at Thatto Saturday.

Thanks Doug. I have not had any contact from Mayfield but I don't want to lose any of my programme collection. I could photocopy them if that's what they want. Wayne Hartley knows me quite well. I have about 9000 programmes and I probably went to the vast majority of those games too. Before I worked nights I used to go absolutely anywhere to watch any standard of RL any night or day of the week! Hope to see you Saturday at Thatto. I just hope the best team win and the game is won on a refereeing decision. I agree with you regards to Siddal. Top side and a well run club. I have seen Thatto play there before, in a BARLA cup semi-final I think?

8 hours ago, Celtic Rooster said:

I remember meeting you Redbeck and have met you a couple of times since. I drove over the Hard Knott pass that day mate from Windermere with my wife (celebrated our anniversary) - never again. Hard Knott pass I mean, not the wife! Yes, you're win against Crosfields kept Eccles up and I promised to come and support you at Hull Dockers the next day. Hopefully see you at Thatto Saturday.

Thanks Doug. I have not had any contact from Mayfield but I don't want to lose any of my programme collection. I could photocopy them if that's what they want. Wayne Hartley knows me quite well. I have about 9000 programmes and I probably went to the vast majority of those games too. Before I worked nights I used to go absolutely anywhere to watch any standard of RL any night or day of the week! Hope to see you Saturday at Thatto. I just hope the best team win and the game is won on a refereeing decision. I agree with you regards to Siddal. Top side and a well run club. I have seen Thatto play there before, in a BARLA cup semi-final I think?

Hi Ken,

I think that its something to do with a look back at the history of the club. I don't think that they would want to keep anything just display an original or photo copy. Anyway he will no doubt contact you if they want something.

All the best

Doug

PS I have found the Siddal v Thato Heath program. I will let you have it.

Thanks Doug. If they want statistical info on Rochdale Mayfield. I have the results of every game ever played by every team in the NCL. I also have the results of every game ever played in the NCL challenge cup and BARLA National cup. I have the results of every game ever played in the Lancashire cup since the formation of BARLA in 1973. I have all the NWML results and NWCL results back to 1987. I never saved results from other leagues but I do have most league tables back to 1973. I would be surprised if somebody at Mayfield has not logged all these results but if they haven't I can put them all together for you. It would take a while because my stats are in season order - not individual teams, but I have done similar things before for Milford Marlins and Widnes St. Maries. Hope to see you Saturday.

2 hours ago, Celtic Rooster said:

Thanks Doug. If they want statistical info on Rochdale Mayfield. I have the results of every game ever played by every team in the NCL. I also have the results of every game ever played in the NCL challenge cup and BARLA National cup. I have the results of every game ever played in the Lancashire cup since the formation of BARLA in 1973. I have all the NWML results and NWCL results back to 1987. I never saved results from other leagues but I do have most league tables back to 1973. I would be surprised if somebody at Mayfield has not logged all these results but if they haven't I can put them all together for you. It would take a while because my stats are in season order - not individual teams, but I have done similar things before for Milford Marlins and Widnes St. Maries. Hope to see you Saturday.

Thanks Ken

I will pass your comments on.

Many thanks

Doug

22 hours ago, Celtic Rooster said:

I have had a text message from Simon, Doug. I have replied to him and sent him my e-mail address.

Thanks Ken

Terrific effort in atrocious conditions from 34 players who gave there all for the right to get to the Final.Wath Brow took a lot of support and gave us all a laugh when they set off the black and yellowish flares when they scored the first try!Top game but Thatto deserved the win IMO.

Archived