England's warm up game? Will we get to see it?

Scubby

2 minutes ago, Allora said:

I hope England do ok, I really do. I can not see it with the teams that has picked and the Coach in charge or the rubbish lead up to this WC.

I would not have Kasiano at my club even a few years ago when he came of the bench to trundle up the field for a short while.

Milford is on a Kings Ransom and shows up about as much as Shaun Johnson does but is not as good.

Which other players would you have mentioned, someone better than the two you named?

Josh McGuire, Joey Leilua, Sione Mata'utia, Leeson Au Mau, Junior Paulo. Knock yourself out!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Josh McGuire, Joey Leilua, Sione Mata'utia, Leeson Au Mau, Junior Paulo. Knock yourself out!

Josh McGuire is an Australian moonlighting for Samoa at the time.
None of the others have the name or ANYWHERE near the Salary of Milford.

Must try harder 4/10

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

3 minutes ago, Allora said:

Josh McGuire is an Australian moonlighting for Samoa at the time.
None of the others have the name or ANY where near the Salary of Milford.

Must try harder 4/10

So Milford and Kasiano are #### and the others couldn't polish their boots. Thanks for that, noted. I have cancelled my days off for England fixtures on the back of your positive insight! 

scsc.gif

Just now, Scubby said:

So Milford and Kasiano are #### and the other couldn't polish their boots. Thanks for that, noted. I have cancelled my days off for England fixtures on the back of your insight! 

scsc.gif

You believe what you want Mate.

You are the one crowing about beating a small Island Nation that most/all of its players were born or developed in Australia or NZ.

I am not sure who that man is you have clapping in your post but posting that sort of  rubbish suggests you have had me bluffed for a long time, I thought you were older than it now appears.

Could you imagine Australia banging on about beating Fiji with Jarryd Hayne , Italy with Tedesco or Lebanon with Farrah

It should be a walk in the park if the  "tier one" teams puts its foot down.

Anyway, good luck in the forthcoming challenge, I hope its an England v France final and England can edge France out in the final seconds.

1 minute ago, Allora said:

Anyway, good luck in the forthcoming challenge, I hope its an England v France final and England can edge France out in the final seconds.

Do you really? I look forward to your appraisal about the quality of International RL when that happens. 

7 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Do you really? I look forward to your appraisal about the quality of International RL when that happens. 

I want the best team on the day to win in each game with no controversial  input from officials.

I want the best team in the series to lift the World Cup, whoever that may be.

England needs to get its name on this Trophy, its obvious to all, including Australians, the Sport needs England to step up and make its mark, not just this year but to repeat the success several times and breathe life back into the International Game.

If many Aussie fans seem jaded or have lost interest its because a fair percentage of them have died since England/GB won

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Let’s hope so in terms of injuries ! Always a delicate balance I guess between keeping fresh n healthy and getting a hit out 

Let's hope these local guys aren't as fired up as the Newcastle residents ones in 2006. They were hunting for biff from the kick off and got it lol.

Just now, Scubby said:

Let's hope these local guys aren't as fired up as the Newcastle residents ones in 2006. They were hunting for biff from the kick off and got it lol.

Indeed . Having that big Red Cross on does tend to get these blokes fired up . But we can give it back to ! All good prep if we all come out the other side 

At least we aren't playing the Burleigh Bears... :rolleyes: 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 hours ago, Futtocks said:

At least we aren't playing the Burleigh Bears... :rolleyes: 

They would be stronger opposition than whoever this cobbled together team is made of.

At least they know each other. 

It could be a good way to launch the new ourleague membership / app by showing this via that service, should encourage some early sign ups especially as it's free. It's out Monday ...

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

9 hours ago, Scubby said:

I listened to that on the radio. Sounded feisty. They even had a caller phone in from the UK who was listening online. I think he may have been on this forum too.

17 hours ago, Allora said:

I hope England do ok, I really do. I can not see it with the teams that has picked and the Coach in charge or the rubbish lead up to this WC.

I personally believe you are being overly negative as per usual whilst being very defensive when the topic of Australia is brought up in a negative way.

Nobody is under any impression England are going to win the WC. Yep we may have liked another centre in the squad and you can argue the merits of Heightington being in the squad but other than that. But 20/24 would be in anyone’s squad and the game against Samoa travelling across the world in a week to comprehensively defeat the opposition highlights England are in a decent place.

A training run pre-WC opener  will continue that development to us hopefully peaking not in Melbourne, but in Brisbane in very early December.

51 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

I personally believe you are being overly negative as per usual whilst being very defensive when the topic of Australia is brought up in a negative way.

Nobody is under any impression England are going to win the WC. Yep we may have liked another centre in the squad and you can argue the merits of Heightington being in the squad but other than that. But 20/24 would be in anyone’s squad and the game against Samoa travelling across the world in a week to comprehensively defeat the opposition highlights England are in a decent place.

A training run pre-WC opener  will continue that development to us hopefully peaking not in Melbourne, but in Brisbane in very early December.

I do not think Heighington should have been selected.

You may be right about 20/24 that were picked, maybe there is a massive lack of depth in the Backs available to be chosen, it certainly appears that way.

Solid result against Samoa but I would not read too much into that game or its bearing on this Teams fortunes in this World Cup.

We will all find out how things will pan out in the next few weeks.

I believe you need some differing opinions on this Forum whether you agree with them or not is entirely up to the individual.

Well, I suppose that's right up to a point. It is certainly one stance to say that England is not as strong as we would like. It seems a bit of a stretch to pan all their players, all their prep and their coach indiscriminately. Seemingly on the basis of a warm up game. As has been highlighted our mid season test was better for us than the other times we tried to play mid season and stepped off the plane, and indeed better than the last time we played Samoa down under. Both of which are encouraging facts. No one is under any illusions that we are anything other than 3rd favourites and indeed the big side most susceptible to losing to a smaller nation. The limit of my hopes is that we give the World Cup a rousing start in Melbourne - we and the game need that... 

9 hours ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

It could be a good way to launch the new ourleague membership / app by showing this via that service, should encourage some early sign ups especially as it's free. It's out Monday ...

It is exactly the kind of launch incentive they should be doing.

5 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Well, I suppose that's right up to a point. It is certainly one stance to say that England is not as strong as we would like. It seems a bit of a stretch to pan all their players, all their prep and their coach indiscriminately. Seemingly on the basis of a warm up game. As has been highlighted our mid season test was better for us than the other times we tried to play mid season and stepped off the plane, and indeed better than the last time we played Samoa down under. Both of which are encouraging facts. No one is under any illusions that we are anything other than 3rd favourites and indeed the big side most susceptible to losing to a smaller nation. The limit of my hopes is that we give the World Cup a rousing start in Melbourne - we and the game need that... 

I wouldn't disagree with that but I would have New Zealand down as the most vulnerable of the big three, especially with games against Samoa and Tonga to come.

rldfsignature.jpg

Archived