Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Balmain1969

Depth in England is good ATM

Was listening to a lot of the talk in regard to the players that have missed out on the WC and it got me thinking that England could actually put out a couple of competitive teams, depth they didnt have over the years (I still remember Farrell, Sculthorpe etc playing 5/8 through lack of options). A team made of players not in the squad could be:

1. Tomkins
  2. Burgess
  3. Shenton
  4. Gildart
  5. Eden
  6. McQuire
  7. Sneyd
  8. Watts
  9. Clarke
  10. G Burgess
  11. Greenwood
  12. Ward
  13. Milner

I'm sure there is better options that I have missed, these are just names that were mentioned as being unlucky not being in the squad. Good to see England with a bit of depth, especially in the key positions where they have relied on makeshift fixes in the past. Compared to the Kiwi's who have had to call in a couple of 20yo kids at Hooker and 5/8, and dont forget the often talked about depth that Australia has is not as great as people think, 2014 we were missing 4 players and the Kiwi's accounted for us rather easily.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Balmain1969 said:

Was listening to a lot of the talk in regard to the players that have missed out on the WC and it got me thinking that England could actually put out a couple of competitive teams, depth they didnt have over the years (I still remember Farrell, Sculthorpe etc playing 5/8 through lack of options). A team made of players not in the squad could be:

1. Tomkins
  2. Burgess
  3. Shenton
  4. Gildart
  5. Eden
  6. McQuire
  7. Sneyd
  8. Watts
  9. Clarke
  10. G Burgess
  11. Greenwood
  12. Ward
  13. Milner

I'm sure there is better options that I have missed, these are just names that were mentioned as being unlucky not being in the squad. Good to see England with a bit of depth, especially in the key positions where they have relied on makeshift fixes in the past. Compared to the Kiwi's who have had to call in a couple of 20yo kids at Hooker and 5/8, and dont forget the often talked about depth that Australia has is not as great as people think, 2014 we were missing 4 players and the Kiwi's accounted for us rather easily.

Are trying to start a war with Hull fans? A second string squad and still no Shaul or Houghton ;)

• Like 2

sneyd ffs 4th rate halfback that can kick 

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg